FOV Team Bravo Desert Schemes

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:33 am

I've seen lots of them in Illinois. Has anybody seen the Tiger or Sherman yet?

alf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by alf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:33 am

yes they are released...even a desert bradley version took the time to cross the ocean to take over France :)

you can also find pics around from board member.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:50 am

Here in Columbus we have all versions of the Bradleys and Abrams, but no Tigers or Shermans yet. Can't wait for those. :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Yes, the desert versions have been out for some time - at least in my area. They usually came in an assortment of four vehicles: one of each type in each different cammo scheme. So, if you are finding the cammo versions, the desert cammo vehicles should also be around.

In my opinion, the desert versions of the FOV tanks are the best in the bunch, with the most detailed markings and the best weathering. Both are actually quite professional looking models, even if the tanks themselves lack moving parts.

I am also eager to see the Tiger and Sherman as well :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:27 pm

This is in the FOV at Target Finds Sticky:
:D
Birddog wrote:Pulled out my FOV M1 and my bbi M1 and took some comparison shots for everyone.

Size Comparison-Overall, both tanks are perfect in size to each other. The bbi M1 has a longer barrel (not by much) than the FOV M1.

Compartments/Detail- Both have the same opening hatches on the turret. Driver's hatch dosen't open on either one. You have to put the figure in a sitting position with bbi's M1 where the figure is in a standing position with FOV's. Detail wise, I think they are both on the same level although bbi does have some extra accessories hanging here and there. Nothing a little Build-A-Rama can't fix on FOVs.

Paint Applications- FOV wins hands down in my opinion. It just has a more realistic look. The weathering is really nice and really contributes to the selling point of the tank to me.

I think I'm going to have to go with FOV as the winner here, in part to the paint applications. Take a look and see what you think... :D

Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:42 am

Seen both versions down here in FL.
Nothing yet on the Tiger I and Shermans for us WWII guys :( The General

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:38 pm

Must agree that fit & finish looks betetr on the FOV tank.
Todd

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:03 am

DocTodd wrote:Must agree that fit & finish looks betetr on the FOV tank.
Todd
All the Bravo Team Abrams I've seen look terrible. The finish is ok but the fit is lousy, I passed on them.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:16 am

Is it possible to know if the FOV version have the same tracks as the BBi ?

Thanks.

phil

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:41 am

exether_mega wrote:Is it possible to know if the FOV version have the same tracks as the BBi ?
The FOV and BBI M1 Abrams have different tracks. I think someone mentioned in another thread that the BBI tracks are more accurate, but I don't know enough about the M1 to accurately make the same claim. You can make out the differences on the tracks of each model in Birddog's comparison pictures above :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

flyboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flyboy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:41 pm

does the ringmount on either the commanders hatch machinegun or the oaders hatch machingun swivel or rotate...or is it just static??

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:11 pm

It's static flyboy. If you buy one you may want to watch quality on the rear turret basket. Mine is pretty bent up and most of the ones I have seen since are the same.

For $25 you can't really complain.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:18 pm

OLIFANT:

The FOV Abrams is actually just under $30, not $25.
You're right about the storage rack, I went to three Targets looking for an FOV Abrams with an unbent rack and found none. I bought one with the lesser degree of being bent. The same is true for the 50 cal. machine gun, too.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Both the BBI and FOV Abrams have accurate tracks...in a way.

The BBI Abrams is an late 80s, early 90s (Desert Storm) Abrams, which has the T-156 chevron tracks. The FOV Abrams is the more modern version (although they screwed up the doghouse sight), with the Big Foot T-158 tracks.

The T-158 was introduced around the time of Desert Storm, so during that time, you can see Abrams having the T-158, even though the T-156 was more common back then.

But for Operation Iraqi Freedom, most, if not all Abrams have the T-158 tracks. I have yet to see an Abrams in-country sporting the old T-156 tracks. (Although they still use the T-156 tracks during training)

But, after saying that, both BBI and FOV fugged up. They both made the mistake of molding the center guides in the middle of the track blocks, instead of in-between each track blocks.

Major fugg up. :(