21st Century Toys Website online! New press release 2/7/05

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:48 pm

I am in the same boat as some others on this site. I tried to access the 21st sire and only get the old one. I deleted cookies/cache and still get the old one. I even get the page is not available s--t after I refresh. Something there is FUBAR.....Oh well, maybe someone who can get on the site will let us know when we can join the club, and pass on new info from site to us who cant get on. :(

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:01 pm

:shock: Information overload! Soooo many things I've never seen before! That F-104 looks frickin' sweet! Man I wish I didn't have to get some homework done, I could probably spend hours poring over the new site.

Nice job, guys! :D

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:12 pm

boyx30 wrote:Some very cool stuff that ME 110 is a definte buy!!!...I did notice the absense of the S-2 ME 109-G?..no photo no mention?........

Also hoping to see some evidence of a 1/18th ME 262 soon?
I just emailed the fan club and they say the S2 version is still on, just scheduled a little later.. :(
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:21 pm

Not being a computer Geek, I said THWI and went to Internet Explorer after signing on with AOL, and viewed the new site that way. Everytime I try to refigure AOL, with their help, the computer goes hay wire. Yes there's cool stuff, but I to want to know why they are obviously silent when it comes to the AVENGER !!!!!!!

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:40 pm

Okay am I losing my mind here or have the listings changed? I could have sworn I saw a bridge playset, two different bivouac sets...but now I can't find them.

Also I never saw some of the other stuff that centone posted about, like the Vietnam sets, normandy set, arched window set...

Anybody have any idea whats going on?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:44 pm

WOW! You guys weren't smoking crack! The site worked when I tried at home. Very impressive effort on 21C's part. I don't need more airplanes (except a Zero), but that F104 sure looks nice. Bad 21C! BAD BAD! Make me spend more money!!!

I can't wait to see the figures, though. Some new Vietnam figures - I better modify a M113 for that. And I'm hoping some of the Sahara figures can be used for a Raider of the Lost Ark custom. Sorry, need a napkin - I'm drooling now.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:31 pm

Pretty sweet, the F-104 is incredible. The mention of the Me 110 should be sweet! Can't wait to see more goodies. I've got to go back and look some more.
Todd

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:38 pm

I have a feeling this is going to be a breakout year for 21st. Hope it has a ripple effect on the other manufacturers as well especially BBI. Can't wait to see what's going to be released this year! I guess the Dodge trucks and the Panzers were just a sign of things to come! :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:49 pm

If this a breakout year, then my checking account is in serious trouble - not to mention my bedroom!

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Nice Stuff

Post by 75th Ranger » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:54 pm

HOOAH!
nice stuff!!!
I hope to se it in the stores really soon!
Hopefully it will arrive to the stores qucikly af ter the toy fair and that way we won't have to wait 'til the summer.
I wonder if Walmart is going to offer the playsets and figures too?...
Any photos on the new Nam figures or new playsets?....
The sooner they come the better, 'cause the money is waiting! hahahaha!
keep in touch guys,
HOOAH!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:08 pm

NEW PRESS RELEASE from 21st Century Toys arrived in my e-mail

---------------------------------------------

Press Release

Dear Fans

As many of you may already know, our new web site and new fan club are
now activated. Please keep in mind that for some fans it will take
longer to have access as the site populates itself into cyberspace.
This process is known to take up to 36 hours in most extreme cases. We
apologize for any inconveniences but all who are interested should be
able to access the site shortly. For those who have access now, you can
see the many new and exciting changes. We welcome back all of our loyal
fans into the new Fan Club. We thank you for your patience and support.

Meanwhile on the new site you will notice that there is a new way to
search and call up product views. We are in the process of making
refinements and revisions. Over the next few weeks you may see some
older products as well as some early prototype models. We are also in
the process of adding new product photography of our current items.
Please be patient with us as we work to develop this product list into
an accurate and improved tool to search for your favorite 21st Century
Toys Inc. products. Meanwhile, please enjoy the new site and its wealth
of new information. Welcome back!

Darrell
Private First Class
Private First Class

21st 1/32

Post by Darrell » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:06 am

It is so cool to see the 1/18 items comming. Anything new on the 1/32. The 88 and jagerpanther are very nice, maybe the 1 1/2 truck in 1/32??
I'm sure that what ever shows up will be great. It is nice to see the company doing well. I thought they were going down a couple years ago.
Darre;; :D

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:38 am

awesome, interesting movie list they will be doing products for bridge too far, platoon, sahara, and sky capt is already out, i cannot wait to see all these things come out. F104 looks awesome, how bout some shot of the mig?
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

digger

WOW

Post by digger » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:57 am

The site is awesome - a great resource.
The reason I think you might have seen something and now you don't is that it is still being revamped, so to speak.
The interview with Roy was great - makes you realize how much goes into the accuracy and how much of a pain it must be to try to explain the importance of details to some factory workers in China :!:
I wouldn't worry about the Avenger....it's glaring ommission seems too contrived. Anyone who's not excited for Toy Fair now needs their head examined..... :P

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

It's about Damn Time

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:03 am

Wow, this is the best customer relations bit I have seen from 21st ever (other than Arlene who was just too cool). I hope they can keep up with it all. I am stoked at the possibility of a Me-110--that would flat out rock. Can't you just picture it painted up with the hornet on the nose? I am in awe of the 104. I was reluctant to embrace the idea of this bird, but seeing the real deal makes it all the worthwhile. I guess 21st is going to give bbi a run for their money in the jet market. I am anxiously awaiting new on the Sabre, Avenger and Zero. I hope to Pete that they show up soon. This has been a banner year so far for 21st with the release of the panzer, truck, devildogs, and the revamped website--just think it is only mid-February. Yehhhhhaaaaaaawwwww!
Aaron

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:46 am

I'd like to see the ME-110G nightfighter with the grey paint scheme. It just looks cool!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:24 am

i dont know that we'll be seeing a nightfighter version of the 110. When i spoke with Roy he said they were more interested in doing an early version 110 because there was a much greater variety of paint schemes available (you know how they love/need to do repaints). It was the later models of the 110 that were the nightfighters and the repaint options would be very limited with them, so we may well not see one.

I would personally prefer the nightfighter variant to any other but don't get your hopes up..

compfire
Sergeant
Sergeant

WHERE?

Post by compfire » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:09 pm

Where are you seeing the following items??

Large Vietnam Guard Tower with 2 Figure, Battle of the Buldge Playset with 6 Figures, SDKFZ 222 Recon Car with Driver!!!!!!!!, Small Vietnam Hut with 1 Figure, Bridge with 4 Figures.

I have been all over the site and seen none of the above.
If someone has a direct link to any of the above, that would be great.
THX

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Well, the Battle of the Bulge Playset and Recon Car are listed if you click on the XD graphic at the top of the page (for now anyway). The Bridge was listed but now its gone; I never saw the Vietnam stuff myself.

compfire
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by compfire » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:29 pm

OK, saw the 2 that you listed now. Has anyone every seen the 1/18 tan hard top Kubelwagen or the Government Building that are shown on their site?

digger

No

Post by digger » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:14 pm

Neither has been released (yet).

MARKSMAN1
Corporal
Corporal

cool

Post by MARKSMAN1 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:14 pm

He mentions a few big surprises for the 1:18 scale stuff, I wonder what that will be, I hope they revisit the bridge playset, maybe some artillery, all in all I am real excited.[/list][/quote]

GI GENE
Corporal
Corporal

Post by GI GENE » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:55 pm

Well I hope this means that 21C is well on its way to getting back on its feet and releasing new products on a regular basis.

digger

Umm..

Post by digger » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:53 am

Gene - I think it's safe to say they are "back on their feet" and they sure are releasing new product on a regular basis....I can't think of a month there hasn't been something new :D

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:11 pm

The 21st site has a couple of new announcements, including the fact that the Area 21 Fan Club president will be at the NYC Toy Fair to gather info (and I would hope pictures!). The Sky Captain P-40s have also been announced for shipment in April.

I wonder of the 21c Fanclub president lurks on this board... I mean, the questions asked to Roy Sutherland and the issues addressed in the interview were almost straight out of something we would discuss here.