POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
YT
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by YT » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:27 pm

The distribution of these is so strange. How much do the M1's retail for?

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 pm

YT wrote:The distribution of these is so strange. How much do the M1's retail for?
I believe they are 29.99 and the smaller ones are 21.99 I picked up a M4A3 Sherman today.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Funny that you have the larger vehicles in So Cal. There are six stores in Fresno, with most having a mixture of the medium sized vehicles such as the Sherman and M16s. Last week, I was passing through So Cal, stopped at a random Target (Brea) and they had the M1s. It has been well over a year since I saw one at a Target in my area.

Not that it really matters to me, though, as I have both the Bravo Team 1:18 M1s in desert and woodland cammo and don't need any more :wink:
Ah, did you stop by at the Target next to Cal State Fullerton or the new La Habra one? For the moment it will be ok, but it will be annoying trying to locate new large size vehicles if they start popping out. I hope Unimax makes them available in every store, because I have pretty much nearly mapped out all of the SoCal Targets now lol.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu May 07, 2009 5:45 am

Target here restocked the Bravo Team 1/18 vehicles. 2 Shermans, 2 Bradleys, 2 Abrams

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Fri May 08, 2009 6:44 am

1:18 WWII figs have been restocked. I know these are a little wonkey looking, but with a little work, these are diamonds in the ruff.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri May 08, 2009 7:19 am

Fritzkrieg wrote:1:18 WWII figs have been restocked. I know these are a little wonkey looking, but with a little work, these are diamonds in the ruff.
Are you talking about the FOV 1/18 WWII figs or some other type?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Fri May 08, 2009 10:32 am

The Bravo Team 1:18

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue May 12, 2009 2:13 pm

Actualy I think FOV's figures may be my favorites... The price is right, they come with extra gear, and the gear's a higher quality than BBI's stuff generally. Also, there's variety... They're all just infantry, but they're all very well sculpted and basically make the ranks look much, much more diverse.

My only gripe is the coloring of the U.S. figures... Be nice if they were a better deco, but to me the Germans are flawless figures really.

I haven't seen any for a while locally but if they return I'm down for some more of both actually.

They really would do well to release some US and German paras next. Maybe some cold weather dudes later then, or even jacketless U.S. guys and DAK Germans or something? I love the FOV figures though, they're really outstanding.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 pm

Yes, I really like the FOV Germans. Sorry I only got one set.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue May 12, 2009 6:42 pm

Sounds like they're at least reshipping again. I like their modern dudes too, but just not my focus. It'll be nice to nab a German or GI every whipstitch when at the local Target. It's a good long way to bolster your infantry.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Thu May 14, 2009 4:16 pm

I too like the FOV Germans and would like them more if they didn't mostly come with a MP-40 or 44 pouch, yet no MP 40 or 44. I wish they would come out with different colored smocks and a bunch of k 98's with the pouches. They do fit in well with the 21st figs IMO.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Everyone's posting in the BBI thread for no real reason, so I figured I'd post here in the FOV thread that I found the Spec. Forces (Delta's and SEALS) at my Target yesterday. I got a couple but won't be buying a full set I don't think.

They're better than the last modern figures though, with superior articulation for the most part. Very good stuff.

I was, however, disappointed to see the divers didn't have removable masks/headgear. That sorta sucks. Goggles should be removable at this stage.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Jesse James wrote:Everyone's posting in the BBI thread for no real reason, so I figured I'd post here in the FOV thread that I found the Spec. Forces (Delta's and SEALS) at my Target yesterday. I got a couple but won't be buying a full set I don't think.

They're better than the last modern figures though, with superior articulation for the most part. Very good stuff.

I was, however, disappointed to see the divers didn't have removable masks/headgear. That sorta sucks. Goggles should be removable at this stage.
Has anyone tried switching heads on these figures?
Jesse - could you switch the head off one diver with a non-masked head from another figure?

digger

new guys

Post by digger » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Good Recon JJ. How is the articulation better? Any other improvements, like ability to hold weapons?

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Razor:
Head swaps are doable with any of Unimax's figs (WWII, Modern, S.O.F. Paratroopers), they all snap on perfectly.
I also tried one of BBI's fig, Marvin Martinez, and it didn't work.
Some of the 21CT recent figs can fit too, but rather tightly.

Digger:
The Delta Force hands are pretty much the same as the modern U.S. Army & Marines line. The SEALs have a different hand sculpt, they are a little larger.

For more details, check my thread over here:
viewtopic.php?t=17178

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:50 pm

Dig,

Some of the figures had rolled sleeves and I mistook the BBI Pilot with the exposed forearms and the FOV figures, and so I got a little mixed up on that, so they're really not much better than the original FOV modern figures... That said, those were pretty good. I was just thinking the guys with rolled sleeves lacked "wrist" (mid-forearm) articulation... That was BBI's last chopper pilot figure though, my bad.

They did have mid-thigh articulation on a couple figures, all the divers actually, and lacked boot articulation. It is an even swap there, ultimately.

The new FOV guys have awesome backpacks (much better than the 1st series), and the removable gear that snaps into them is really nice too. Pretty sturdy. The M4's are dandies too.

The Divers though, suck. If I may be so bold... They suck because none have removable goggles. BBI did that all the time so I'm disappointed FOV didn't do that, and now those figures are much less interesting. Sadly, to me, they're a slight improvement over PTE for instance.

Their gear rocks as always though. I'm gonna get a full set of the land-based guys and set them up with their BBI counterparts. They look sharp together.

sdhenke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sdhenke » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:15 pm

Thanks for the update. I've been looking forward to getting these guys. Unfortunately they haven't found their way to St.Louis yet.
If at first you don't succeed...GIVE UP!

Phaid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Phaid » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:27 pm

I picked up all of the Delta troopers and all of the non-diver SEALs at the Target in the mall in Poughkeepsie NY this past weekend. These guys are a step up in quality from the previous modern Marine and Army figures, although a lot of the parts are repaints from those earlier releases.

I don't collect WWII figures at all, but I bought a lot of the Unimax ones just so I could swap their heads onto modern guys to get more variety. I did that with the earlier Army and Marines and I'm going to do the same with these spec ops guys.

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey Phaid what are you doing with the leftover WWII bodies and gear? If you don't want them lmk if you're interested in trading or selling them as I could definitely use them for customs.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:59 pm

CENT-ONE wrote:Hey Phaid what are you doing with the leftover WWII bodies and gear? If you don't want them lmk if you're interested in trading or selling them as I could definitely use them for customs.
I would like in on this too! :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:32 pm

FOV Abrams tanks were on clearance at my nearby Target. $20 I think was the ballpark of the price. I saw mostly woodland, but there were desert decoes on the shelves too, and I'm wagering both share the same DPCI so both should be on clearance. They had a good 20 woodland camo ones though I'd guess.

Their desert deco is far superior to BBI's too. I was surprised. It looks much better.

YT

Post by YT » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:53 pm

I checked my local target Today and they had the smaller team Bravo vehicles on clearance for $15.38. In the past they had a ton of Shermans and a few Bradleys, but today only 1 Sherman and a couple of Bradleys. I had hoped to pick up a couple of the OD Shermans for customs but of course they had none, so I settled for a camo. I was speculating that they were clearing out the Abrams to make room for the LAV, but now I have my doubts, I just hope they are not ditching all of the vehicles.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Jesse James wrote:Their desert deco is far superior to BBI's too. I was surprised. It looks much better.
Thanks for the heads up. No luck for me, only found a plain green Sherman. Could've used an extra Abrams for my collection.
IIRC, the BBI one is an outdated Abrams from the early 90s. Unimax's is more accurate for something rampaging around in Iraq today.
YT wrote:I checked my local target Today and they had the smaller team Bravo vehicles on clearance for $15.38. In the past they had a ton of Shermans and a few Bradleys, but today only 1 Sherman and a couple of Bradleys. I had hoped to pick up a couple of the OD Shermans for customs but of course they had none, so I settled for a camo. I was speculating that they were clearing out the Abrams to make room for the LAV, but now I have my doubts, I just hope they are not ditching all of the vehicles.
I'm worried too, but I've a theory that Unimax might be aiming for a limited vehicle release for the Fall season, similar to how PTE stock shows up in Big Lots around the Fall season and then disappear after Christmas. Last year for the first half of 2008 didn't see any major restock of all the vehicles released in Fall 2007, but they came back in late summer 2008, minus the Tiger.
The LAV-25 isn't too big, I've the 1:32 model and it'll probably show up as a medium size box, like the Bradleys/Shermans/M16.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:04 pm

I was at target today and the ww2 figs and the old modern figs are on clearance for $2.88 the new figs are still $4.99

The vehicles are $10.76 & $12.99

The clearance figs and vehicles are all on the endcaps. the pegs are full with the new figs.

I really hope Unimax makes new ww2 figs soon.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.