POST ALL FOV 1/18 FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:34 pm

So I went into my usual Targets and they had a new shipment of FOV WWII germans and Americans and so i picked up the last 2 german guys i needed and picked up extra german guys that don't have the panzershrecks. In one of the targets that i asked for the sherman tank and they brought it out to me and I decided on passing it up is still on the shelf. I guess i'm not the only one who doesn't like it.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Fitzystigertank wrote:I don't know if you guys know but you have to ask an associate to look out back. first take one of the Bradleys that is collecting dust on the shelf and take it to a scanner. If they have the same scanner that my stores have it will tell you if there is any out back. it'll say in stockroom yes or no. if it says yes then ask a toy associate and they will specifically look for the sherman or tiger. the prob is that the tanks are an assortment. so they have to dig thru the boxes till they find one. They may not like doing it but if it's not on the shelf they have to look for it. GOOD LUCK
I had to do this and the associate came back with the green and tan sherman which i looked at and was disapointed. I think one associate in another store looked but didn't open the box. she just told me they were all bradleys. I just would like to see a tiger. I think i may just spend the 20 bucks on more germans.
Actually I don't think the Shermans or Tiger ship with the Bradley. When a box was brought for me it was a box of 6, 4 were in the box and 2 on the shelf all Bradleys.

Ray

Dark Helmet
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dark Helmet » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Found another camo FOV Sherman on the shelf today at Target. Last time in this Target the 1/18 FOV shelf was empty- today there was the camo Sherman and yes- a Bradley.
It is what it is.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:28 am

No Shermans in my area as of yet. I've given up hope, but it is really no big deal. I've got my 21c and BBI Shermans and those seem better, IMHO. But still, the fact that its taking this long for them to come west is not good considering any future 1:18 releases at Target...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:33 pm

Picked up the German figures today at Target, they are really nice looking! Also they had a green and brown green Sherman.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Found the Sherman at last! Today I went to the Inglewood Target to search and my hunch that it would be there was correct! I got the camo Sherman and all I can say is that I'm extremely pleased with it. I was also pleasantly surprised to find the M2 Browning to be made of hard plastic and not as flimsy as the Abrams M2 gun as well as showing the ammo belt like the ones packaged with the modern AFV crewmen.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:51 pm

At last they are in California. I'll have to start checking my Targets again, but it could still be a while...

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:03 pm

The Shermies have finally hit the Northern, CA coast! Found 2 camo ones today! Picked up one of them. Upon seeing the actual tank for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised! I like the cast iron look of the turret. :D

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:55 pm

cool that means we will see them in about two weeks!!!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:41 pm

two of the Targets in my area do not have the Shermans, but still several more to check. The stores in my area do their resets on Sundays (or so it seems) so hopefully now that the Shermans are to the north and south of me, they can't be that far off. Nevertheless, talk about slow distribution of that vehicle to the west coast. Wal Mart could do little better :roll:

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:37 pm

A question for those of you that are now starting to get the Shermans at your Targets stores. Did you receive the Tigers before this or have you not seen them yet ? Here in KC , we have only received the M1 and th Bradleys and in half the local Targets, the WWII figures.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:54 pm

grockwood wrote:A question for those of you that are now starting to get the Shermans at your Targets stores. Did you receive the Tigers before this or have you not seen them yet ? Here in KC , we have only received the M1 and th Bradleys and in half the local Targets, the WWII figures.
Only saw the Shermans first at the Targets here in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Never saw Tigers at ANY of the Targets here yet.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:45 pm

grockwood wrote:A question for those of you that are now starting to get the Shermans at your Targets stores. Did you receive the Tigers before this or have you not seen them yet ? Here in KC , we have only received the M1 and th Bradleys and in half the local Targets, the WWII figures.
For my AO in Southern California, I frequent 5 Targets, we received both the modern U.S. Army and Marines and both the Abrams and Bradleys (desert & woodland camo) at the same time around late October 2007.
The Tigers began appearing in pairs or threes two weeks before Christmas at only 3 of the 5 Targets I went, right around Christmas they began the markdown to $20.98 and after that the Tigers became extinct. Same thing with the Abrams.
Immediately right after January 1st, the WWII U.S. and German soldiers began appearing at only 1 of the 5 Targets.
Now in the month of February, every Target I have been to, 16 Targets total, all have modern U.S. Army and Marines, WWII U.S. and German troops and 1 or 2 Bradleys on the shelf.
Just Yesterday I found only 1 camo Sherman at the Inglewood Target, right next to LAX.

Btw, out of the 16 Targets I've checked, two of them request that no customers ask store employees to check the stockroom for more supplies, stating that they want to make it fair for all buyers.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Happy to say that I found the FOV Sherman today :D

It was the cammo version, which was the one I wanted. For $20, the FOV Sherman is really quite good and adds a little more Allied armor to combat the hordes of Panzers, Panthers, and Tigers 8) The mould is pretty crisp and the moulded-on tools don't look too bad, but certainly need to be painted. I like the turret design the best, the "cast iron" look and the opening hatches are nice. The gun barrel and mantlet are better than the 21c Sherman, and I like the partially hollowed gun barrel. It would have been cool if FOV had made a couple of US (and German) tanker figures, but the 21c US tankers go perfectly with the tank. All around, I'm more pleased with the FOV Sherman than I was the Tiger :wink:

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:32 pm

Went to the Silverdale WA target one Bradley on the shelf :cry: . So i decided to try asking a clerk as others have said. Asked a female clerk if they could check and see if any of the Sherman's were in the back,her reply was"we cannot check in back for collectible items ":evil: .
So i wander back to the fov isle and stand looking at the dang Bradley when a security guard walks up and asks me if he can help me .I told him about the clerk and item.He called over another clerk and he did his magic with the scanner and said there was six of them in ths store and more at gig harbor(whether this was six total just Sherman's or Bradley's and Sherman's i dont know).Security guard then asked him to go check on it and see if the Sherman was there. He came out with the Sherman and in the two tone i wanted! :D
Could not think of anything to put here.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:42 pm

just goes to show you.....never send a woman to do a man's job.

(i prepare for my death now)

:wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:51 pm

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's going to leave a mark!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

dragon53

sherman

Post by dragon53 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:21 pm

TMANTHE GREAT:

Can you post some photos and a detailed review of your new Sherman?

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:11 pm

I've given up looking for the FOV Tigers. The Shermans are showing up at most of my local Targets, Tigers never made it to this area of the country. So in a month or two I'll pickup a few 21st's King Tigers. :wink:

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:46 pm

For getting help at Target, here's the order to try...

Wander to another section, ask someone stocking some food if they can help you... they'll be less interested in ignoring you and more interested in getting you out of their hair so they can get back to work.

If that fails, go to the Customer Service Desk... Remember you don't have to be honest to get what you want too, so lie if it'll help your case, just make sure the item's in stock by using the DPCI Number and get them to help you out.

Target leaves it up to the store's discretion to pull items for collectors... Some stores will even put a tag out (especially on Star Wars, where this trick is exploited the most) on the pegs basically telling you not to ask to have items brought out, blah blah blah... I'll be honest with you guys, I've torn these down and thrown them away in the past... If it's not there, it's not their policy IMO.

Anyway, try the customer service desk last, they're trained to help but may not always help... Usually they do though.

Also be nice, sweet, and kind. You get what you want with that kind of attitude.

Hopefully that'll work out for you guys... Ultimately, these probably aren't going to be "rare", they're just taking a while to leak out, but I bet they'll be out in some force at some point. I haven't seen a Tiger or Sherman myself, just biding my time. We just got the figures the other day, hah. I'd like teh camo Sherman though and the Tiger with the zimmerit, so I'll bide myt ime on these. I usually on use the DPCI trick on exclusives, which FOV is exclusive to Target, but it's not "exclusive" in that it'll come and go quickly... It's a regular exclusive line.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:59 pm

I think the Tigers and Abrahms have gone the way of the Dinosaur. I hate thinking of the models I didn't buy, but it really gnaws on me the ones I never got a chance to purchase. :?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Well, I finally broke down and bought all of the WWII figures short 3 US troops, which were missing. Now I can't sleep until I get those..... ;)

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]