POST ALL 21ST CENTURY TOYS R US FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:44 am

Picked up the PAK-40 Hannomag at the TRU in Temecula, California this morning. Priced at $29.99 but would not ring up. I also picked up the the 1/32 FOV Stuart so the clerk rang up the PAK at $21.99 which was what the Stuart rang up at. Pretty good deal.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:20 pm

I was going to post a scathing message, however, one of the two TRUs in my area did get in 3 Sherman Fireflys! Its a start. I echo MG-42's sentiments that I hope this isn't some sort of "test distribution" thing. My area TRUs never got the first wave of the BBI WWII figures and I hope they don't repeat that with the larger 21c stuff. I guess I'll go back in a week or two...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Confirmed OC CA

Post by markecho » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Yes can confirm the re-arrival of 21st back at TRU central OC, CA this morning.
4 PAK-40s, a peg full of German figs (2 DAK and 1 of the camo top and grey bottoms - good HS by the way.) and plenty of weapons packs (1:6) and 1:32 items.

Interesting find. Was hoping to see something new on the back of thebox of the PAK but just the 2 migs and half track quad .50s.

Good to see that the figures are $5!

Yeah tman...that 1:32 Firefly looked great..now we all need an enlarger machine..that goes up to 1:18 scale..and for those of us with unlimited budget (which probably means no one here)...up to 1:1 scale too!
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:33 pm

Consider yourselves lucky to find the Hannomags, Figures and the new 32x figures :wink:

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:55 pm

Here is the TRU haul.

Pak Hanomag

New D-Day German Infantry.

Ray

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:59 pm

That kicks ass guys. I am sitting on my butt right now recovering from some minor surgery when I should be out scouring the Toysrus stores for sdkfz 251/22s. :cry:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:24 pm

HAHAHA, I posted the same thing in the TRU sticky. I think we have one two many TRU threads... :shock: Great stuff though. I was completely siked when I found the Hanomag. They also had a new paint scheme 1:32 ME 262 and a new paint scheme P-40. At least they looked new to me. The P-40 has shark teeth on it. I did notice that the figures looked a bit different than the Wal Mart figures. They looked to have more weathering or more paint on them. I almost thought they were repaints. I did like the new German figure though. I grabbed 2. They also had a bunch of 1:32 Sherman’s. I think Fireflies. Anyway, it was a great feeling leaving TRU once again with a 21C find.

On a different note, has anyone had trouble buying their hanomags? Mine wasn’t in the computer yet so it took them 15 minuets to ring me up. Since they couldn’t find a price they gave it to me for $14.99!!!!! :shock: :shock: :wink:

MG-42

Jack Pot !

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:39 pm

Thanks for the "heads up" Kevin ( toyktdlgh ) .

I got the same deal ! ... :shock:

... So I got the last 3 , + some other goodies. :D
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:08 pm

the people have spoken...this thread is now officially a 21c at TRU sticky.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

rvlyssup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rvlyssup » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:52 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:On a different note, has anyone had trouble buying their hanomags? Mine wasn’t in the computer yet so it took them 15 minuets to ring me up. Since they couldn’t find a price they gave it to me for $14.99!!!!! :shock: :shock: :wink:
Same experience when paying for my "Tex" Hill P-51...got it for $17.99. Not bad...all i need is a 1/18 version to go with my PH P-40s.
Stang...Gun...Vag Nut.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:18 pm

thank gosh someone got some pics, i was afraid id look like a fibber :oops: , ill probably go back and grab a hanomag soon, have way to much armor, and not enough shelf space for all of it.
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:25 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:HAHAHA, I posted the same thing in the TRU sticky. I think we have one two many TRU threads... :shock: Great stuff though. I was completely siked when I found the Hanomag. They also had a new paint scheme 1:32 ME 262 and a new paint scheme P-40. At least they looked new to me. The P-40 has shark teeth on it. I did notice that the figures looked a bit different than the Wal Mart figures. They looked to have more weathering or more paint on them. I almost thought they were repaints. I did like the new German figure though. I grabbed 2. They also had a bunch of 1:32 Sherman’s. I think Fireflies. Anyway, it was a great feeling leaving TRU once again with a 21C find.

On a different note, has anyone had trouble buying their hanomags? Mine wasn’t in the computer yet so it took them 15 minuets to ring me up. Since they couldn’t find a price they gave it to me for $14.99!!!!! :shock: :shock: :wink:
Toyktdlgh,
Which TRU did you find your stuff?
I checked out Florence yesterday and NOTHING!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:41 pm

Could one of you fine gents scan and post the bar code on the bottom of your pak hanomag? The items numbers posted previously look like they might be TRU numbers not the actually 21C #.

It should be 101XX. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:46 pm

I dont live any where near a TRU... :cry:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

MG-42

Serial #

Post by MG-42 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:52 pm

grunt1 wrote:Could one of you fine gents scan and post the bar code on the bottom of your pak hanomag? The items numbers posted previously look like they might be TRU numbers not the actually 21C #.

It should be 101XX. Thanks!

>>> 10109
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:55 pm

The database thanks you MG! :D
--------------

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:06 pm

Razor17019 wrote:
toyktdlgh wrote:HAHAHA, I posted the same thing in the TRU sticky. I think we have one two many TRU threads... :shock: Great stuff though. I was completely siked when I found the Hanomag. They also had a new paint scheme 1:32 ME 262 and a new paint scheme P-40. At least they looked new to me. The P-40 has shark teeth on it. I did notice that the figures looked a bit different than the Wal Mart figures. They looked to have more weathering or more paint on them. I almost thought they were repaints. I did like the new German figure though. I grabbed 2. They also had a bunch of 1:32 Sherman’s. I think Fireflies. Anyway, it was a great feeling leaving TRU once again with a 21C find.

Toyktdlgh,
Which TRU did you find your stuff?
I checked out Florence yesterday and NOTHING!
I just got lucky and found them at the Eastgate store. It was my first stop too. :shock: :wink:

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Picked up the PAK 40 Hanomag, 1/32 Bull Frog 1 Mustang, and the new version of Otto Wilndorff. Thanks again for the Intel Fiero Dude! :D

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

TRU in NH

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:57 pm

I stopped at my TRU near my work and first went to the area where the BBI stuff is. there was lil BBI stuff but next to it there is a huge gap just waiting for 21st century to move in. so i then went up to customer service desk and first asked to talk to the action figure salesman, but he has left for the day. i then ask the CSA to look up the Item # of the 1:18th scale vehicles and what came up was that they didn't have any, and it was active. the computer reckonized that it was 21st century military vehicles. so i just have to wait a few more weeks and hopefully toys r us will be seeing more of me. i think on the next day i have to work i'm going to see if i can talk to the associate that works that department and get some info out of him. will keep you all posted.

digger

new german kicks a$$

Post by digger » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:47 am

WOW - that new German fig is the best since the FJ. Very cool - HUGE improvement on the first camo guy. I need that sucker!
rmoore456 wrote:Here is the TRU haul.

New D-Day German Infantry.

Ray

MIGMADMAVIS
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by MIGMADMAVIS » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:10 am

Does all these new things coming out mean that the B-25 is around the corner :D :D , lets hope so!!
Great Traders List:

hworth18
raiderad16
razor17019
momaw nadon
jmd250
kimtheredxd

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:49 am

Looks like the DAK are Series 2. Completely different paint scheme (at least in as much variety as DAK allows lol ;) ). Uniforms and hats are more of a true mustard yellow than the S1, no "suntan" or weathering on the skintone, eagle is silver vs. yellow, webbing is DAK green vs yellow as well. Oh and the leggings aren't Gatorade green anymore..

Looks like 21C is going the same route with the Germans as they did the Marines. Very cool.. 8)

--------------

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:03 am

Attention, Currahee44, Moth, Digger and anyone in the L.I. / N.Y.C. area I went to the Massapequa TRU today and asked them to check 21st Toys in their computer. I gave them the item numbers that rmoore456 posted (page 2 of this topic) thanks Ray! On Order............ so its in their system. They told me to give them a call in a week. Thats more help then I ever got a walmart :P

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:57 pm

Thanks for posting this pic, grunt1! These new colors look great. I think this new version looks also a lot better then the first one. Now I'm really curious how the rest of the D-Day line is looking riht now at TRU. By the way: Is the coat the same color as version 1?
And again - it is spelled WeHrmacht, guys...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:48 pm

Finally :D I made a TRU haul with the new 21c products!! Of course the only 21c stuff to be had between the two TRU stores in my Fresno/Clovis area are 3 Sherman Fireflys, but having few commitments this afternoon, I went to the next closest store 40 miles south in Visalia, Ca.

I don't count this store as being within my area and only check it when going on my occasional road trip to So. Cal. This time around it was worth it. The military toy section was very well stocked, better all around than any of the two Fresno TRUs. The scene looked pretty much like the pictures above and ranks as one of the coolest new selections of 21c stuff I've ever come across 8)

I picked up a Pak-40 Hanomag, 4 Otto Windorff figures, the 32x Italian figures, and the 32x "Bullfrog" P-51B. Checkout was tricky as the products were not in the system.

Now I can rest easy once again :wink: