21C vs. BBI vs.Dragon 1/18figs?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

21C vs. BBI vs.Dragon 1/18figs?

Post by trigger1 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:43 pm

Hello all.I was hoping I could get some opinions/information on these different figures.21C seem to be the easiest to find in local retail stores in my area so I started grabbin those.I see that BBI and Dragon(maybe some others) also have WWII 1/18.I was wondering how similar the figures are from one brand to the next.They all seem to have very good detail ,but it's hard to tell from internet pictures how close the color and uniform styles are. Example-A 21C paratrooper from the Market Garden Series vs. BBI Elite Force WWII paratrooper.Is one brand slighty larger ?Could you use both in a diorama without noticing?I think I saw that Target and maybe TRU carry BBI,but I can't confirm that since the people working both stores in this area are... well...useless!I hate to make a 45 mile round trip for nothing.Anyway...ANY help would be greatly appreciated.OH..if this topic has been posted already (didn't see it)please leave a link and I will check it out.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

figs

Post by digger » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:12 pm

digger wrote:If you collect 1:18 scale figures than you need bbi figures. I'm sorry for posting these pics for the umpteenth time, but recent elite force offerings are just outstanding. Below you can see a variety of bbi & Dragon Action 18. In a couple of photos bbi meets Action 18, and in another Dragon meets XD. The last photo has 101st AB from all 3 companies next to each other for comparison (heads are all bbi).
Half the fun imo is swapping weapons, heads, limbs, gear, etc..and you are just selling your collection short if you don't branch out! :P
The bbi WWII guys are at BCA and I think RaiderAd can help you with them as well. Can't go wrong!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:01 pm

I really like the BBI figures but they don't do Germans. The Dragon stuff is very cool looking but.... meh.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:30 pm

I like dragon but the bad thing is that they are really already posed for you. Guess that is taken away cause they have good detail man. Bbi is good but just like rowsdower said they don't do germans :cry: 21st is alright that is manly what i like :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:35 pm

Sorry to ask..but what is BCA??

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:45 pm

trigger1 wrote:Sorry to ask..but what is BCA??
http://www.badcataviation.com/1scacfi4bybb.html
Bad Cat Toys. An oline store that deals in all sorts of military toys or models or whatever you wanna call 'em! :lol: :lol:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

digger

figs

Post by digger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:43 am

Sorry - I re-posted an old message from a similar thread comparing the figs. Sad part is some of the bbi WWII are now long sold out basically everywhere. You can still get the 101st AB guy and the Tom Hanks looking Ranger at TRU, or TRU.com for 5 -6 bucks each. Good luck!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:46 pm

I decided to make the trip to TRU and it payed off.They had both of the figures you mentioned digger(for $4.99).I also picked up 2 of the new WWWII paratrooper figures(which are awesome).They also had both modern figures from that set.I noticed that BBI's website lists some of the WWII figures twice,so I'm assuming they remade some of these.I decided to hit an out of the way Wal Mart on my way home and grabbed 6 of the 21C figs that I hadn't been able to find.Only 1 german infantry figure and a handful of Bucholtz (the german artillery crewman) out of 20+ figures they had.Guess I'll have to buy lots of Bucholtz and try to find some German weapons. :evil:

digger

figs

Post by digger » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:49 pm

Glad you found the bbi guys - you will see they're great. The heads are easily interchangeable among other bbi guys (heat them in hot water to avoid snapping the neck) so you can get some good variety from just a few figs.

The original Dragon Germans were great because they came with a bunch of weapons each - a couple of those guys could hook up a whole squad.

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:12 pm

I agree...that ranger is Tom Hanks and I think the other looks like John Wayne.I see that Tom Hanks head in your photos and it cracks me up every time he appears.Great job on the dioramas.BBI figures are great!!