A little recon at AWOH 2007

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

A little recon at AWOH 2007

Post by markecho » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:32 am

Well sorry if any of this is old news, but this scale is getting a bit slim for me...too many aircraft, not enough armor (tanks) not very much new stuff in general - so I have been focusing on other scales. We 1:18 scale fans need or "fix" sooner rather than later :wink:

Anyway according to the rep at the Merit booth he said BBI is turning their attention more toward the smaller scales / mass market because that is where they made money best. I am not going to elaborate or start any rumors, but that is what he told me.

Oh and here is a little bit o trivia, remember those BBI catapults and seige towers that were to be release in the U.S....guess what the first shipment all went to Europe - so the U.S. retailers will have to wait until the next shipment... (again sorry if this is old news, but that kinda struck me as funny.) - Looks like I might be stopping the medieval BBI line....:x
(Not because of this mishap)

Here are some pics of what I saw that looked new / repaints:

And I am sure this is old news...
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:36 am

Wel, it appears that all thrr companies are making an F-4 now. The NAVY version on the bbi box is what I want in terms of a paint scheme.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:41 am

Isnt the BBI Phantom in 1/32?

I love that F/A-18 in camo, are they going to sell it or is that just a custom job?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:49 am

tkjaer21 wrote:Wel, it appears that all thrr companies are making an F-4 now. The NAVY version on the bbi box is what I want in terms of a paint scheme.
I believe that is the 1/32 version that bbi announced a while back. It seems that they announced plans for a 1/32 F4 and 1/32 Dauntless at Toyfair in February, about the same time Admiral announced the 1/18 versions and shortly before 21st announced that they were doing the F4 in both scales.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:01 am

nice pics......the civil war figures look great but i wish some of the poses were more 'combative'. Need basic infantrymen figures that are aiming and loading rifles so you can form lines of them. :wink:

Probably in the next wave...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

cool

Post by digger » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:03 am

Moth wrote:Isnt the BBI Phantom in 1/32?

I love that F/A-18 in camo, are they going to sell it or is that just a custom job?
Great Recon!

The Phantom is 1:32. Was that Hornet 1/18? I agree with Moth that it is very cool.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:23 am

I think the F/A-18 is 1/18, the tanks and bombs are the same, so are the sidewinders, Im going by that.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:25 am

Aggressor hornet and falcon! Thats cool to see, I wonder if they were just customs to display?

markecho, was there an actual toy in the 1/32 phantom box or just a display picture like in toyfair? Did they have any msrp listed for it?
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:29 am

Omg, is that a 1:32 Jolly Rogers Phantom?!?!??! :shock: :shock: :shock:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We need a drool emote!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:36 am

look in the 1/32 forum and you'll see pix of the dauntless and f4
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:35 am

That F-18 and F-16 look great - as does the Hellcat :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:37 am

Thanks for the pics markecho they look great1 like the new look to the F-16/18! :D

I take it that they didn't have the new figures that were previewed at toyfair there then?
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:23 pm

Wow, that F-18, and F-16 look great. Did you guys notice someone messed up on the Hellcats landing gear. They have the wheel turned 180 degrees out of wack. (lol) And does the Hellcat pilot looks like he has a different face than the pilot that comes with the Corsair?
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:40 pm

Yep, those Aggressor schemes look fantastic on the Hornet and Viper. Very cool. Hopefully they will show up.

I would really like to see a USMC Bug in that wicked digital camo pattern too.

-Rob

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:26 am

I sure enjoy the bbi Romans and Knights. Some of the new Knights are in at Foxholetoys.com. Placed my order last night.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:26 pm

pyroguyboomboomjr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by pyroguyboomboomjr » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:38 pm

this show really sucked, compared to previous ones. they moved it from ontario and the airsoft is taking over. the bbi guy said that the f 18 with the special paint would be too difficult to replicate in china. but the hellcat was an actual plane not a prototype. it looked really good. so did the 1/32 dauntless. If you like gi joes it was a good show but not alot of model stuff or dioramas, and the 1 18 stuff was slim. the ww 2 displays were nice . a stuart and a couple of half tracks and weapons and japanese reinactors...but i wasted the money to drive there from vegas. More and more of these collectible shows are being ruined buy poor turn out due to high fuel prices and ebay. i used to be able to drive both ways for under a hundred dollars but no more. september for the hellcat.
there are few human problems that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives!

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:54 am

pyroguyboomboomjr wrote:this show really sucked, compared to previous ones. they moved it from ontario and the airsoft is taking over. the bbi guy said that the f 18 with the special paint would be too difficult to replicate in china. but the hellcat was an actual plane not a prototype. it looked really good. so did the 1/32 dauntless. If you like gi joes it was a good show but not alot of model stuff or dioramas, and the 1 18 stuff was slim. the ww 2 displays were nice . a stuart and a couple of half tracks and weapons and japanese reinactors...but i wasted the money to drive there from vegas. More and more of these collectible shows are being ruined buy poor turn out due to high fuel prices and ebay. i used to be able to drive both ways for under a hundred dollars but no more. september for the hellcat.
I was actually going to attend that show as I was in the area, but looked at the layout map and it showed what looked to be 1/2 - 3/4 airsoft crap and I decided not to waste my time, glad I made the right choice.

Nice pics of the 1:18 and 1:32 BBi stuff though, and in regards to the splinter aggressor bug, I've actually got someone who does paint masking working on a template/mask for that pattern as well as the VMFA-314 Digi Camo'd Bug.

**Thanks to Airliners.net for the picture**

digger

Post by digger » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:03 pm

The Merit site has pics of the show. Not much 1/18 but it looks like there will be 1/32 guys from that movie '300'

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:39 pm

WGP Klaus wrote: Nice pics of the 1:18 and 1:32 BBi stuff though, and in regards to the splinter aggressor bug, I've actually got someone who does paint masking working on a template/mask for that pattern as well as the VMFA-314 Digi Camo'd Bug.
:shock: Now thats what I'm talkin' about!

That digital camo scheme is sic. I assume your friend is working on the paint masks in 1/18 scale? If so, would it be possible to purchase a set from him? I have a Hornet here just begging for a new look. PM me if interested.

Man that thing looks cool! :mrgreen:

-Rob

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:51 am

That digital camo does look cool. :D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:38 am

Got to agree it does look very nice!! :D

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:41 am

Mmmm sweet digi cammo! :P
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.