Armor Gripe

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:30 pm

Agree....a quad is not armor
A T34/76 1943 is armor
A stug III or IV is armor
come on 21st Century
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Armor Gripe

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:10 pm

caesarbc wrote:Sometimes I don't see the rational of 21st Cent Toys. In regards to the planes, they shove repaint after repaint down our throats, but we almost never see this with the armor except for the German halftrack. I would love to see some repaints of the PZ IV or the Panther and even the Tiger. The pre-production work on these is already done, so the cost factor can't be an issue. maybe it is a sales issue in that armor doesn't sell that well, but just make it a BCA exclusive or something like that.

I'd rather have a repainted Panther than some ridiculous Quad 50. on a trailer. I'm not going near that waster of space and money.
I do agree with you but they have made a lot of the Mk IVs. Camos, long barrel,short barrel, Euro versions R/C and the like. Maybe 7 or 8 kinds. I wish they would do that with the panther . Only three . For the tiger 3 as well.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:06 pm

It was said new armor and a mystery project...perhaps the trailer is the mystery item and new armor photos are on the way. :shock:

I can agree with the general idea of WHERE are ALL the ARMOR REPAINTS!!

Jagdpanther = NO BRAINER where the **** is it??????
Jagdpanzer ??????
Stug IV ??????

Let alone all the 3 million Sherman chassis variants??????

I disagree with armor /vehicles not selling, the vehicles ALWAYs are gone, planes linger for months or until 2 inches of dust.

However I like variety, anybody seen photos of my cars can attest to variety, the trailer will be bought, that is if I ever see it at any of the 20 Walmarts in a 100 mile radius :D

DH

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:37 pm

Should it go to Wal Mart, I don't really see how a trailer with a quad-.50 machine gun on it would sell any better than any of the above mentioned tanks. If we collectors and WWII armor enthusiasts are saying "Huh?" then what will the average Wal Mart buyer that has even less knowledge of WWII armor think? The King Tiger, 88mm gun, Pak-40 Hannomag are good directions to head, a trailer, not so much...

On another note, perhaps the problems with armor not selling can be tied in part to the Wal Mart distribution pattern. While this is not 21c's problem, it does affect them with lost profits. When a remote store gets 60+ halftracks, how can they possibly expect to sell all those at retail price in the space of a couple months? In order to move the vehicles, they have to drastically discount them and 21c ultimately winds up the looser...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Although I'm happy to see anything new in 1/18th scale I too would rather see tanks or artillery as opposed to light anti-aircraft.

PS. I hope none of you guys were making this one for the custom contest. :?

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:30 pm

Sorry I don't go for the "well, at least it's something" BS!!
All I can say is...
LAME!
Last edited by Rowsdower on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:35 pm

Can we really blame 21C for collector terminology?

As long as I can remember, when these things are talked about on the site here, its "aircraft" and "armor". That's the breakdown. So, maybe there needs to be new categories - "artillery", "auxillery", "tanks" etc. Otherwise, when the manufacturers want to be vague to drum up interest, "armor" is going to mean anything on the ground. No reason to continual harp on 21C because armor meant a toy hauler.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:45 pm

I do think it would sell at WM, but it would need to be matched up with a tow vehicle and maybe a couple figures. Include a Mutt or a 3/4-ton Dodge that it will hook up to, and price it around $25-30 and it will sell. 90% of the buyers wouldn't know that a vehicle that small could never pull it, and those who do will probably split up the pair anyway. As a stand-alone piece, though, I would wait until I can pick it up on clearance for $3-5.
Yes, I am disappointed--very much so. It would be like a big announcement with lots of anticipation, only to be told the new armor is a winter Hanomag.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:21 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Sorry I don't go for the "well, at least it's something" BS!!
I can say is...
LAME!
Here! here ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

digger

well

Post by digger » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:01 pm

I would rather this piece to a repaint any day. I have 3 Panther versions already - I'll take a new piece. I would love another Panther too but I can't complain about the trailer.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:11 pm

armor does not sell?

I'm sorry - but I dont see 4-6 halftracks sitting at full price for months at a time - armor sells first - now the Migs all sit and wait for clearance. 3 Mig repaints all comming out at once should have gotten someone fired at 21st century.

But remember - 21st does not lose when WM clearances their items. 21st already sold them to WM. WM does not lose Money either. After Christmas when I found 7 Migs at $5.00 each. WM didnt lose a dime. They just knock up prices on hundreds of items by a few cents
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:15 pm

STUKA wrote:After Christmas when I found 7 Migs at $5.00 each. WM didnt lose a dime. They just knock up prices on hundreds of items by a few cents
:lol: So true! And yeah, armor never sits in my AO. Halftracks, Pak 40, etc. sold like hotcakes. And I've only ever seen one tank at WM, a Sherman last year. I came back for it a few hours later and it was gone. Aircraft are a different story, you can find fossils in the dust they collect.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:57 pm

I haven't even seen one tank or piece of armor in any of my walmarts :cry: Bummer on the revealing of the mystery project :cry: :cry:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:52 pm

Whatever heappened to that distribution news we were going to hear about? :roll:

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:56 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:Whatever heappened to that distribution news we were going to hear about? :roll:
I was wondering that myself. :? ???????
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

digger

Post by digger » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:45 pm

STUKA wrote:armor does not sell?

I'm sorry - but I dont see 4-6 halftracks sitting at full price for months at a time - armor sells first...
In the other thread you said all the armor was clearanced to move after Xmas. Maybe that's why it did not sit.

And I'm sure it can't be good for 21C when the stuff is clearanced. WM knows what they're doing, that much is for sure...

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:01 pm

tosborne3 wrote:
CW4USARMY wrote:Whatever heappened to that distribution news we were going to hear about? :roll:
I was wondering that myself. :? ???????
They will be using the new trailer to carry products to the different stores directly, rather than through big distribution hubs on semis.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:18 pm

FieroDude wrote:
tosborne3 wrote: I was wondering that myself. :? ???????
They will be using the new trailer to carry products to the different stores directly, rather than through big distribution hubs on semis.
You may be more right than you realize, :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:22 pm

FieroDude wrote:They will be using the new trailer to carry products to the different stores directly, rather than through big distribution hubs on semis.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:28 pm

FieroDude wrote:
tosborne3 wrote: I was wondering that myself. :? ???????

..... as the gun-trailer slowly squeaks by.
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

digger

?

Post by digger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:09 pm

Ambush doesn't count? It was at small retailers for months.
And the winter in no good? What if they issue another repaint and you don't like it or it only goes to small retailers - will that one count? :?

digger

?

Post by digger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:01 pm

Inflated prices? The Panther was never at WM so I don't know what you're comparing it to. Besides, you ever think that small retailer prices are REGULAR prices and WM prices are DISCOUNT prices??