Small Joes & D-Day

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Small Joes & D-Day

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:11 am

Small Joes has some of the new D-Day figs in stock, but if you want them single they are a little pricey. :) In the long run it still beats making that trip to the evil empire. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Evil Empire

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:58 am

Hi,
Evil empire? Just how often do you go to Iran to pick up large scale aircraft? :lol:

Lightning2000
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:29 am

I think he meant North Korea.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:39 am

I'd say something but this keyboard I bought at Wally shocks me everytime I write bad things about that crappy pla.............Ahhhh! :shock:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:36 am

Rowsdower wrote:I'd say something but this keyboard I bought at Wally shocks me everytime I write bad things about that crappy pla.............Ahhhh! :shock:
Hey Rowsdower have you been eating your keyboard again? :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:55 am

has there been a repaint of the German figure in camo smock yet? I'm waiting for a realistic camo pattern to come out on the figure before i buy any..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:59 am

does small joes carry the BBI knights and Romans? I can't find them if they do...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:05 am

aferguson wrote:has there been a repaint of the German figure in camo smock yet? I'm waiting for a realistic camo pattern to come out on the figure before i buy any..
I agree I would like to start my ground pounders off on a good figure and some great armor. I want to build a small army.
Last edited by VMF115 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:44 am

I also would love to see a repaint of the german camo guy. If anybody has any pictures of the real uniform patterns could you please post pictures of them, because I would love to do some customs on these guys. I bought eight of these so I could do customs but have been unable to find any of this uniform type to know how to paint it. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:08 am

They really want to make a killing on the German artillery spotter at $13 a figure! :shock: :shock:

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:12 am

:shock: :shock:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:39 am

tosborne3 wrote:I also would love to see a repaint of the german camo guy. If anybody has any pictures of the real uniform patterns could you please post pictures of them, because I would love to do some customs on these guys. I bought eight of these so I could do customs but have been unable to find any of this uniform type to know how to paint it. :)
heer's an example
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:26 am

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Thanks fellas, you guys are so awesome!!!!! 8) 8) :D

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:49 am

aferguson wrote:does small joes carry the BBI knights and Romans? I can't find them if they do...
No we don't, mainly because they are not really action figures in my mind. Is this something that a lot of you guys like and actively collect?
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:56 am

immeww2 wrote:They really want to make a killing on the German artillery spotter at $13 a figure! :shock: :shock:
Actually, not really. I would be perfectly happy if everyone just buys a complete set of six.

Here's the deal guys: we have to buy them for 21st in case assortments, so we are not going to let consumer/speculator/etc. buy us out on certain figures which are in higher demand, which this particular guy clearly will be. We then get stuck with the less popular figures, cannot justify a re-order, our selection then "stinks", and customers looking for complete sets will go elsewhere.

When the manufacturers decide to start releasing the figures in solid packs so that we can order individually to meet demand this can all end - but it ain't ever going to happen. :(
Corey Stinson

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:29 am

re: BBI Knights

I like them and actively collect them. Quality is very high; despite the lack of articulation they are very cool and unique. Civil War figures are due in the fall and then hopefully Napoleonic and WWI figures in future (no inside news, just my gut feeling).

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:48 pm

I love the look of the BBI Knights but do not want to buy them because they are not articulated. :? I only pray for the day when we see articulated 1:18th scale knight army builders. With all of the castles & other medievil items avalible I would speculate that they would give the WW2 collections a real run for thier money. When Palasade toys was making the Army Of Darkness figures I was as excited as a kid in a candyshop. I was spending all my pennies on these guys, however, sadly Palasades is no more. :cry: But I gotta mess o those figs though!!!! 8) 8) 8)

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:38 pm

coreystinson wrote:
Actually, not really. I would be perfectly happy if everyone just buys a complete set of six.
Corey, I'm happy you have this method even though the more popular figures are expensive.

We can at least buy figures individually if needed. Several other online retailers only have them in sets which is an issue if you just need one or two specific ones.

I've also observed that as you figure out what people are targeting, that you re-adjust the prices accordingly. The whole process also ensures that you have them in stock vs Walmart where you have to be the first one to the pegs in a lot of cases.
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:45 pm

coreystinson wrote:
immeww2 wrote:They really want to make a killing on the German artillery spotter at $13 a figure! :shock: :shock:

Here's the deal guys: we have to buy them for 21st in case assortments, so we are not going to let consumer/speculator/etc. buy us out on certain figures which are in higher demand, which this particular guy clearly will be. We then get stuck with the less popular figures, cannot justify a re-order, our selection then "stinks", and customers looking for complete sets will go elsewhere.

When the manufacturers decide to start releasing the figures in solid packs so that we can order individually to meet demand this can all end - but it ain't ever going to happen. :(
Ditto

For example:

We just received a batch of 432 D-Day figures. Their are 18 different D-Day figures available. I believe in this batch there were only two Captain Russo's. You could definitely say that this one is rare. And there are a number of pieces in this set like this. If any more become available, we'll probably sell them in complete sets.

Rob
http://www.badcattoys.com
Last edited by BadCatMatt on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BadCatMatt
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BadCatMatt » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:52 pm

grunt1 wrote:
I've also observed that as you figure out what people are targeting, that you re-adjust the prices accordingly.

Interesting point. We've found that it is much, much more difficult to predict which 1:18 figure will be a good seller, as opposed to a 1:18 aircraft. We often scratch our heads trying to understand why Figure A sells 200 pieces while Figure B sells just 25.

Rob
http://www.badcattoys.com

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:44 am

I agree with you :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:20 pm

grunt1 wrote: I've also observed that as you figure out what people are targeting, that you re-adjust the prices accordingly. The whole process also ensures that you have them in stock vs Walmart where you have to be the first one to the pegs in a lot of cases.
Yes, exactly. It is totally an inventory-balancing technique to provide a robust product selection, not an attempt to gouge. This lesson was learned many years ago in dealing with GI JOE and Hasbro's notoriously horrid case pack-outs, and it transfers to sales of any product that ships in an assortment.
Corey Stinson

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:55 pm

A buddy of mine in Vegas used to shop at a place called the Bat Cave. Although I never made it by there, I liked the way they handled it (not something the online guys could really do, I think). The first
SW figure on the peg was $5. The second was a few bucks more, etc. So, if there were three of one figure from a case, the first was $5, the second something like $10, and the last $15.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:07 pm

that's a very interesting idea. That way you can buy a figure at a reasonable price but if you start gobbling up multiples it gets expensive, fast and thus makes hording too expensive to justify.