Phantom II for 89.99?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Phantom II for 89.99?

Post by tko211 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:29 pm

Can the 1:18 scale Phantom II be priced DOWN to 89.99!? :shock:

AREA-21 just posted the answer!

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:31 pm

so i guest i might hat to get two...
whats up doc....

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:32 pm

when will it ever end...... :roll:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Now this is funny, another 21st and Admiral conflict. I REALLY wish they could have worked something out before duplicating the effort here. One do the F-4 and the other the A-10. I think this is just going to hurt both personally.
Last edited by Jericoeagle1 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:35 pm

Oh you've got to be kidding me! :evil: Admiral steps up to the plate and now 21st is going to undercut them! all is fair in love and war, and I guess toy manufacturing too! but it sure smells rotten. Pretty sure of which company will get it to us first though. (if past history is any indication)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:Now this is funny, I wish someone would have thought to lets take a chance that NO ONE will make an A-10 and do it themselves.
LOL
I think 21st just declared war on AT.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 pm

:oops:

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:39 pm

i just had to read my post again.. ya i agree.. at put down there money to develope these... and now 21st is doing this to them.. that suck....

i most likley buy at... just say it is for future investment.... with out at... the f4 would still be a hop dream....
whats up doc....

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:41 pm

Wow, this is cool. Where will I put this one? OK, now I gota sell some furniture. I just wish it was an F-4E model.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Admiral gets first shot. Just the way it hasta be.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:43 pm

don't worry there is an E model. and a C-D-J- and the S

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:43 pm

I don't like it either, in fact I think it sucks. If both are making the same craft by coincidence fine but if there was prior knowledge, well I think its counterproductive Admiral and 21st you need to talk to each other.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:44 pm

You know what I will buy all of AT version, so dont worry Jason
Jericoeagle1 wrote:I don't like it either, in fact I think it sucks. If both are making the same craft by coincidence fine but if there was prior knowledge, well I think its counterproductive Admiral and 21st you need to talk to each other.
I agree
Last edited by VMF115 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:52 pm

It really isn't a price cut situation. 21c planned on this plane and the price point from the start. I have know about the Rhino / Double ugly / Phantom II project for about 6 weeks now. Apparently they have been working on it for close to a year? I think the large distribution ability allows for better pricing. That's my guess.

One thing I think I can shed some light on. 21st wasn't going to announce this plane at Toy Fair. It was actully going to be shown at Comic Con and at that time perhaps even in paint. 21st typically feels that the pre-mature announcements are a thing of the past for them and they much perfer the announcement to follow only a 3-5 month wait. (see the german halftracks, and other newer projects as a reference). So the recent events caused 21st to announce early along side the AT version. Also 21st felt that fans deserved to know that one was in the works so that you can decide for yourself what you want to do. I think it's better than sitting on it keeping quiet and then boom the plane comes out at 50 bucks less. I would be pissed off if I droped money on a pre-order and the other company didn't even dother to let me know that I had an option. But that is just me.

You know the F-4 is an A-list airplane and it was and is bound to happen. Everyone has the same list of historical planes to make. I think 21st decided to make the PhantomII around the time the feed back of the F-104 came in. Thus more jets entered the market! Also you have to know that 21st is planning the Phantom II as a support ship to Platoon / Vietnam figures. Those ship out this year too!

21st just isn't in the business to help work with others to build their business. They put together a line and say let's to that. Then about 10 to 20 months later the product is made! 21st isn't going to loose out on investment and loose an opportunity to open up and support Vietnam just because someone else had the same plane in mind.

So that is it in a nut shell!
Last edited by tko211 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Admiral will definately get my money of course, but 21st will too because I feel now its important to support the industry and I can afford it. It just makes me a little mad thats all. I'm tired of the needless duplication of effort.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:52 pm

I think its great 21st Century is making an F-4, and even better they are making different versions. Hey if this brings the price down it is cool with me. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:53 pm

I love 21c stuff, it's what got me into this hobby, and I thank them for it. There's also an old Chinese saying, "Once is an accident, twice is enemy action". I look forward to the 88 and any other 1/18 stuff that comes out, but whens there's a duplicate, I'm staying with Admiral.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:57 pm

Well, I am personally getting sick and tired of this "Me too" bulls**t. Instead of trying to undercut an honest competitor, show some balls, 21st, and do something new and different. The industry is big enough for both of you--and instead of wasting time and money creating duplicates just trying to show up your competitors, try to come up with something new that takes the whole industry farther. So when is the Hellcat or F-16 announcement coming? Where's the M1A1? Or is bbi a little better connected in China than you want deal with?
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:58 pm

21st century have never anounce in there history the price of any of there product...

is 21st century trying to bring down at effort by making at sale there good product below there cost...

21st century is a wally world base company... i do not see how they will get these product into a shipping box..

AT is a web base company that has come to our calling so far....

guys look at the past 21st promise us the avenger for three years... we did not even see it until new blood enter the market....

I know at put there money and develope this product with there own money...

some company might come a long and
take the product and improve on it a little bit with very little cost....

SO INVEST IN AT AND INVEST IN XD FUTURE....otherwise we will be getting repaint again and again....
whats up doc....

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:02 pm

WOW!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: go go 21st....
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:04 pm

21c's A-10 would be most welcome and they've already produced the production master for this so the tooling, etc is already completed. How 'bout laying all the A-10 stuff to rest and give us one? That would be most welcome, indeed.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:06 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:Oh you've got to be kidding me! :evil: Admiral steps up to the plate and now 21st is going to undercut them! all is fair in love and war, and I guess toy manufacturing too! but it sure smells rotten. Pretty sure of which company will get it to us first though. (if past history is any indication)

I thought the $140 was too much to ask anyways, and $90.00 seems a much better price for the Phantom.. It is also an indication of Walmarts influence, 21st can make so many more selling thru mass market than Admiral can selling to individual retailers.. In the end, that has a HUGE influence on price.. :D

To be angry about two manufacturers offering the same plane is silly.. Especially when it is obvious that both manufacturers are far into the development/production process.. Both manufacturers will reap their rewards form this and move on to new and better things which in the larger picture, benefits collectors.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:06 pm

FieroDude wrote:Well, I am personally getting sick and tired of this "Me too" bulls**t. Instead of trying to undercut an honest competitor, show some balls, 21st, and do something new and different. The industry is big enough for both of you--and instead of wasting time and money creating duplicates just trying to show up your competitors, try to come up with something new that takes the whole industry farther. So when is the Hellcat or F-16 announcement coming? Where's the M1A1? Or is bbi a little better connected in China than you want deal with?
I AGREE
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:06 pm

Either way I think its healthy for the industry. Competition always sparks even greater products! Now I only hope this does not turn into a waiting game like the Avenger fiasco. :cry: That was not fun. And the possibilty that WM will no longer carry 1/18 XD aircraft and the rising cost of shipping ( which will most certainly hurt the f-4)...aaah crap....I'm turning into Debbie Downer! :shock: :shock:

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:07 pm

If this is an honest coincidence fine, but I think the reaction here shows that some communication between the Big 3 needs to take place. Imagine with BBI doing the F-4, 21st that great A-10 that they have prototyped and BBI making an F-14 that would make it a great year! Everyone would do well because there would be conflict everyone has a favorite and I know I would be hard pressed to save for all, but I would get them all in time. The way it is with each company making thier own I've had to choose whose do I want? When BBI came out with thier Mustang and Corsair, I passed on any more from 21st. I never bought the 21st Sabre because of Admirals release but I did get a couple of Migs because only 21st offered them.

There is a case in there for working together especially for those manufacturers who enjoy the business as well.