New BBI figures from Toyfair

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:07 pm

I agree with the chutes - they somewhat limit the use of the figures, at least for us. I only bought 3 of the BBI WWII paratroopers with chutes, but many more of the ones without. I have actually purchased 5 of the modern paratroops, but have used parts from 3 of them to make custom infantry figures and used some of the parachute material and string for custom fodder.

Hopefully, as was said in an earlier post, WWII British and modern Delta Force paratroops will signal chute-less figures to come :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:07 pm

I agree with the chutes - they somewhat limit the use of the figures, at least for us. I only bought 3 of the BBI WWII paratroopers with chutes, but many more of the ones without. I have actually purchased 5 of the modern paratroops, but have used parts from 3 of them to make custom infantry figures and used some of the parachute material and string for custom fodder.

Hopefully, as was said in an earlier post, WWII British and modern Delta Force paratroops will signal chute-less figures to come :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Identity Crisis - You make the call.

Post by MiG29K » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 am

grunt1 wrote: Image
So just WHICH branch of service is this guy Lucas? If you look at the bottom left of the package you can make out the word "NAVY" and if you look to your right you will see the words "Delta Force" So which is it? Hooyah or Huaah? - good times! :shock:
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:07 am

Well, there are two "Navy" notations on the package. Perhaps they meant DEVGRU instead of Delta. :?:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:34 pm

At Toy Fair 2007, there were only 2 of the 4 figures shown from what we have already seen at the 2006 Comic Con or Heroes Unite Conventions ( I can't remember). My question is, are we still getting the USMC Johnny Lopez and the African American US NAVY Spec Ops figure that looked very much like the US NAVY Spec Ops figure William Thomas?

Here are the four from Comic Con.

US NAVY Spec Ops- African American (I Can't Remember his name).
US NAVY Special OPSU.S. Marine Corp – Machine Gunner - Omar Delgado.
U.S. Army - 10th Mountain Division - Ben Robinson.
U.S. Marine Corp - Johnny Lopez.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:39 pm

I have been comparing the pics of shadow 83's 10th mountain guy and the description seems to be different one under weapons says PDW machine gun and p266 pistol robinson and the other seems to say mk 46 machine gunner and 9mm pistol i would guess they might be correcting their mistakes perhaps?

Whatever i hope that this means that there will be a load of figures released this year and am really hoping we will see WWII and modern Brits!

p.s. sorry tkjaer21 am not sure which navy spec ops you are refering to.
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:14 am

scope uk wrote:I have been comparing the pics of shadow 83's 10th mountain guy and the description seems to be different one under weapons says PDW machine gun and p266 pistol robinson and the other seems to say mk 46 machine gunner and 9mm pistol i would guess they might be correcting their mistakes perhaps?

Whatever i hope that this means that there will be a load of figures released this year and am really hoping we will see WWII and modern Brits!

don't forget to pray for a modern french trooper :wink: (i knoww, i'm back)

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:40 am

The Navy guy belongs to the SEAL's boarding Unit.

hope that helps.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

bird
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bird » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:43 am

i like BBi as much as the next person but how hard is it really for them to update their webpage every once n' a while

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:25 am

blaster_e11 wrote: don't forget to pray for a modern french trooper :wink: (i knoww, i'm back)
Blaster there is hope for you yet! :D The British are here in 1:18 and the Italians showed up in 1:32 so we are making progress....
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:28 am

grunt1 wrote:
blaster_e11 wrote: don't forget to pray for a modern french trooper :wink: (i knoww, i'm back)
Blaster there is hope for you yet! :D The British are here in 1:18 and the Italians showed up in 1:32 so we are making progress....
well let's hope

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:06 pm

blaster_e11 wrote:
scope uk wrote:I have been comparing the pics of shadow 83's 10th mountain guy and the description seems to be different one under weapons says PDW machine gun and p266 pistol robinson and the other seems to say mk 46 machine gunner and 9mm pistol i would guess they might be correcting their mistakes perhaps?

don't forget to pray for a modern french trooper :wink: (i knoww, i'm back)
Hi there glad to see you back! of course as well as brits would like to see French, Canadian, Spanish, Australian, and German troops amoung others!

On a side note Blaster did you see MJ is doing an FAMAS in wave 4 only say as i know you have been hoping for one for a long time now :)

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm really glad to see a British soldier in the mix. I agree with most of you that the parachutes are a pain. BBI will probably make some deployed versions later on.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:33 pm

YEEHAAA!!!!!!

The British are coming, The British are coming!!!
NICE NICE I'm yelling like a freak in my office in my basement and my wife is yelling to keep it down the "babies are sleeping" and at 6'.3" 210lbs I can make some noise. Man OH man guys Im so happy that there are some (or1) WWII British troops, I'll take 10 please! I guess that means that we get some ground British Paras to follow....
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Anyone seen any signs of WotW

Post by markecho » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:19 pm

Anyone that went to Toy Fair or has been following the coverage closer than I seen any sign of the Warriors of the World line?

Just wondering if the Romans will have new figures.

I don't like the figures with the molded parachute straps...I thought the fans asked BBI not to do too many of those anymore...
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:17 pm

wow, i go away for a few days and there is a ton of new stuff showing up, very excited about the new modern figures, i see they are finally putting the marines in the digi cammies (not a fan of the t shirst under the flak look but whatever), like on the machine gunner, i guess my only thing about it is that marines don't use the M60, i still want it but no one in weapons company or any of the machine gun attachments to my company or platoon use an M60, its the 240G that we got, and M2 or Mk19, any chance we might see a 240? would be nice, maybe i'm just a stickler for details
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:57 pm

kenhil2 wrote:wow, i go away for a few days and there is a ton of new stuff showing up, very excited about the new modern figures, i see they are finally putting the marines in the digi cammies (not a fan of the t shirst under the flak look but whatever), like on the machine gunner, i guess my only thing about it is that marines don't use the M60, i still want it but no one in weapons company or any of the machine gun attachments to my company or platoon use an M60, its the 240G that we got, and M2 or Mk19, any chance we might see a 240? would be nice, maybe i'm just a stickler for details
I thought it was strange too that this guy came with a 60 and not the 240 that came in the weapons packs and heavy weapons troops a while back i would like to get a hold on some more of those myself.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:06 pm

The new BBI figures with the parachutes are going to collect dust nicely on the the TRU pegs.
Why, why, why pre jump figures????

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:09 pm

billgiff wrote:The new BBI figures with the parachutes are going to collect dust nicely on the the TRU pegs.
Why, why, why pre jump figures????
same as a repaint - new figures not as much cost -
also may already have a contract with TRU for so many of those etc.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Awwwww SWEEEEEEEET :D Had a pm on Joecustoms from ScopeUK today saying that a Brit WWII Para had been made :D

Hadn`t realised the other figures in this range would be so bloody fantastic :D

Now as for the WWII RED DEVIL,is BBI You have to make some without the OD JUMP over coat (already on the ground) figures too :D
He looks Bloody Marvelous & here`s hoping you DO make more Brits :D

ja
My 1/18th Custom World. Updated 15th Dec.
http://www.freewebs.com/steelbonnet/

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 pm

The working parachute gimmick is lame and needs to be deep sixed already. There are TONS of WWII and modern pre-jump paras rotting on the pegs at my local TRU. Give it up already BBI! :evil: :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:48 am

I don't know...look how many posts there are everyday here about...AIRCRAFT! And how it seems that almost EVERYONE goes crazy about...MORE new aircraft...so why wouldn't bbi make more figures...paratroopers...
But I'm happy to see more NEW figures from bbi, especially BRITISH! Para's or not, bbi makes EXCELLENT figures!!!!

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:18 am

I am just glad to see new BBI figs as I think they make the best 1:18 figs regardless. Better than GI Joe, 21C, AT, etc... Now only if they had the individualistic characteristics like GI Joe.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:31 am

Thats the thing, BBI makes IMO hands-down the best 1:18 figures on the market. They could be doing so much more with them instead of going the easy route. Lets see UK desert troops, Russians, WWI troops even! There are tons of cool WWI uniforms to copy. I wonder if BBI would do German WWI troops?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:21 am

They probably would do the Germans since they have done a Japanese pilot. I wonder why they have not ventured to far out of the US military?