Bush Avenger

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Bush Avenger

Post by sarge » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:22 am

Has any body heard anything more about the "Bush Avenger" that was supposed to have come out all ready? I've asked 21C Customer service/Fan club twice and as usual their answer sucks. :roll: :roll: No answer. :evil: :evil: It's a shame, 21C really needs to get its act and website together and cleaned up. Their website is so far out of date they have places listed in the where to buy section that went out of business 3 years ago. I know I used to buy from them. :!: :!:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:24 am

The Flight 19 Avengers are just coming out now. I wouldn't expect to see the Bush version for a few more months..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sarge » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:14 am

aferguson wrote:The Flight 19 Avengers are just coming out now. I wouldn't expect to see the Bush version for a few more months..
They were supposed to be out last June too, also the Bush version was supposed to be out by Xmas time. You won't get any answer from 21C. Another BIG secret release date.

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:27 am

sarge wrote: ... also the Bush version was supposed to be out by Xmas time.
Christmas is only 324 days away. They can still make it. :wink:

MK

Light.Inf.Scout
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:31 am

In reference to what Sarge said about 21st C website needing to be updated, I noticed there are some things on there as products that were never sold - to my knowledge anyway. For example, there is a 1/6 action figure of an Israeli soldier, a modern British paratrooper, and a ww2 Russian female sniper. Does anyone know if these were ever released? ...particularly the Russian female ww 2 sniper.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:39 am

Eagerly awaiting the Bush Avenger, and I'm sure we'll see it sometime this year, and perhaps sooner than later. Afterall, 21c will make it, as they did get some national media coverage concerning it's pending release a few months back :wink:

I plan on getting it, as my dad broke my Atlantic Avenger (which went on display in his office at the FAA) and offered to buy me a new one 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:24 pm

The George Bush Avenger is just waiting it's turn in line behind the Atlantic and now Flight 19. I am 100% positive that we will see the Bush Avenger. All Avenger release schedules were pushed back due to the delays that we all had to endure but they are out now and plans for Bush and I believe even the Bunker Hill are already in the works.

As for the website, well to be totally honest there the prime focus for the last 2 years (besides building all kinds of new product) Have been centered on AREA-21 and the delivery of news items. It's kind of easy to forget, I know, but a couple of years ago there was no news other than the once a year toy fair images and even then we were left to wonder what was what.

Now that AREA-21 has been firmly sestablished and due to lessons learned from the web site we have today, a new site is in the works as we speak. In fact I have been very involved in that project and things are looking really good. AREA-21 is great tool and 21c management agrees that fans are much more engaged and overall interest in the day to day has been beneficial. So please bear with us a little longer and lets see what is next!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Thanks TKO, I look forward to the new 21st Century website. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Flak Happy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Flak Happy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:41 pm

tko211 wrote:The George Bush Avenger is just waiting it's turn in line behind the Atlantic and now Flight 19. I am 100% positive that we will see the Bush Avenger. All Avenger release schedules were pushed back due to the delays that we all had to endure but they are out now and plans for Bush and I believe even the Bunker Hill are already in the works.

As for the website, well to be totally honest there the prime focus for the last 2 years (besides building all kinds of new product) Have been centered on AREA-21 and the delivery of news items. It's kind of easy to forget, I know, but a couple of years ago there was no news other than the once a year toy fair images and even then we were left to wonder what was what.

Now that AREA-21 has been firmly sestablished and due to lessons learned from the web site we have today, a new site is in the works as we speak. In fact I have been very involved in that project and things are looking really good. AREA-21 is great tool and 21c management agrees that fans are much more engaged and overall interest in the day to day has been beneficial. So please bear with us a little longer and lets see what is next!

Not to beat a dead horse but when exactly ( or window) will the Bunker Hill version slated to come out, sorry to ask but its getting close to a year......I'm starting to get jumpy :D :D

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

New Avengers

Post by Panther F » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:12 pm

That's great news on the new Avengers! I think those are the paint schemes I was really wanting!

I guess the ceiling has room for one more bird. :lol:

Jeff

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:31 pm

I knew that Bush was still a go for sure the news of the Bunker Hill still happening was welcomed for sure!

I have no exact dates as 21c is not in that habit. What I did learn was that a paint master was in the works for that scheme. Typically that means anywhere from 2 to 6 months out. I am leaning more to a 6 month estimate knowing that Flight 19 just came out and these big birds need a little breathing room.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:39 pm

tko211 wrote:I am leaning more to a 6 month estimate knowing that Flight 19 just came out and these big birds need a little breathing room.
Yes, especially after numerous Wal Marts order 20+ of the Atlantic Avengers, which haven't moved very well, and which may do the same with the Flight 19 birds :lol:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

nfafan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by nfafan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:48 pm

tmanthegreat wrote: Yes, especially after numerous Wal Marts order 20+ of the Atlantic Avengers, which haven't moved very well, and which may do the same with the Flight 19 birds :lol:
IMHO -

They're gonna have to do something special with the Flight 19 box-art to entice clients with the Bermuda Triangle tie-in. Same ol Motorworks boxes won't do it for the casual shopper; they need a hook to attract the attention.

And putting them in more than a single WM within 200 miles might help sell a few as well.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:07 am

You must have been thinking the same thing as 21st. All the Flight 19 birds are in Special Edition Boxes designed just for the Flight 19 group. It is actually a pretty cool tie in to the Alien figure and includes a little of the radio communication between the flight of Avengers and the control tower. You won't miss them on the shelf when you see them.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:19 am

tko211 wrote:You must have been thinking the same thing as 21st. All the Flight 19 birds are in Special Edition Boxes designed just for the Flight 19 group. It is actually a pretty cool tie in to the Alien figure and includes a little of the radio communication between the flight of Avengers and the control tower. You won't miss them on the shelf when you see them.
AH....so they will end up on a retailer shelf in the near future! good to know!