Power team website order

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Power team website order

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:01 pm

Has anyone pre-ordered from the power team USA website? I am looking to order some of their cargo hummers but was curious to see if anyone has actually ordered from them and received anything.

THX,

Andy :?:

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:09 pm

I haven't ordered anything myself, but I read from someone on another board who had contacted the company and was told that all orders are held until the company has "enough" to make a shipment to the US; then all are shipped at once, to, apparently, a distribution center in the US who then packs and mails the seperate orders. So it could be weeks or longer before an order is shipped. But ordering direct might be the only/best way to get some of the items. There is a rumor that KB toys will be carrying some of the pieces at Christmas.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:05 am

I emailed them several times re: shipping charges for an item and never got a response. I held off ordering, naturally. I'm going to give them time to get organized..

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:02 am

if you goe to the joecustoms.com message board they havve a thread there that talks about it and some people have had problems with previous orders being canceled because they are restructing there order process where they dont charge you til the order ships. it seems like it'll be a good site, but its still new and working out the kinks.
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:40 am

THanks for the info everyone. I guess I'll wait for those hummers :cry:

VR,

Andy

Powerteamusa.com
Private First Class
Private First Class

From the horses mouth

Post by Powerteamusa.com » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:07 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Brian Santore and I'm a part owner in the powerteamusa.com store.

I know there's been much discussion here and at other forums about the endeavor and why it is structured the way it. I'm here to clear it up and answer any questions you may have.

A couple of things:

1. We are THE online US source for the entire M&C product line. M&C is not like Hasbro & Mattel with huge distribution here in the states..they also don't have a sals force. They manufacture orders per containers once the volume is there for it. They do not mfg daily as does Habsro or other companies. Thus, you do not see the product in very many places.

2. You are seeing product in KB. This is older stock that has been in theor warehouses for years. The courts have ordered them to clear out all inventory as a result of the bankruptcy. Get it now while you can, because from we'e getting there might not be a KB this time next year. They've placed no orders with the company for any new product and they are the only retailer that caries it steadily. Walmart has declined to carry the product as has Target.

3. The reasons described above are why we creatd the store. It taks time and a learning curve folks..this isn't like ordering from an online Joe retailer that has product shipped weekly or on demand. We're working on Hong Kong's schedule here, and we're trying to show them that the market is here in the US ..that we can expand the sales and product line and bring it all here.

4. All products are sold on a pre-order basis. It ships all at one time usually per quarter. We had the shopping cart set up to accept pre-orders but were billing everyone as the order was aplced. This was a mistake as the first shipment was due to be later than expected. Thus, we refunded everyones moneyand are just about done revamping the cart to allow for preorders without being charged.

5. Yes, the entire line will be avialible for ordering..we are shooting the product to add to the site and much, much more to go. Again, please remember, M&C is not Hasbro with a huge P&R department..we're doing this all ourselves.

6. Why trust us? Who are we? We, the owners are Brian Santore (owner & originator of www.ringofcollectors.com) and Fred Meyer (owner of www.joebattlelines.com). Not to toot our own horns, but we've made a reputation amongst the collecting world for bringing people together to network in safe, mature environment. Our love for the toy business is what brought us together with the folks from M& C at the NY Toy Fair last year. From there on, it's been a whirlwind and we've been building the store step by step.

If you have any qustions, shoot it to my personal email listed. All you have to do is ask or read the FAQ at the site. Good things are coming..thanks for the patience and understanding.

Brian Santore
Your exclusive source for the full line of Powerteam Military, SWAT & Fire acton figures, vehicles, playsets & accesories in both 3 3/4" & 12" scale.

Do YOU have The Power?

www.powerteamusa.com

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Thanks for the info!

Post by parrish333 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:57 pm

Brian, thanks for the info on how the site works --- I've been holding off ordering from your site not fully understanding what the situation was.

A lot of people on this forum love PTE for the accessories and customizing fodder, but have been using the KB retail and online sources to get it. I'd certainly always wondered why KB was the only game in town for PTE (though I think I saw some once on Kmart's website)!

I know there's quite a few of us here that would love to encourage more distribution of PTE, but realistically, are probably a little hesitant to wait week after week to finally get our order filled, when KB ships in a few days. But competition is good, esp. if KB isn't here to stay.

Remember to stay in touch on this board (maybe give us some hints as to the product coming down the pipeline?), and if your reputation does in fact precede you as you say, you should be able to get a pretty good following going from among us.

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:13 pm

thanks for the info, i think you are one of the few dealers that actually comes on to boards and post frequent answers to questions and info updates. as for the pre order problem, for me its not a trust thing, i have heard your reputation is sound, i just dont like the inconvenience of preoder, i just prefer to order it and get it in few days, rather than order it and wait a month, i am very interested in picking up multiples of your swat figures (evetually) but i would rather just order than preoder, as i think so would many others, keep up the good info and let me know when you havee pics of the swat figures up, and when you get them in stock.
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:46 pm

Thank you very much for the detailed post. I can't say how GREAT it is to hear from an actual company representative, someone who shows interest and knowledge about the products and concern for the collectors. I think we all have a understanding of how your system works now, and can make better decisions for future purchases. I, for one, would like to be able to order and receive the merchandise within a few days; but I don't mind waiting longer if I'm dealing with an upfront and reputable company. Look forward to hearing from you in the future!!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:59 pm

I too would like to say thanks... It's nice to see you guys taking a personal approach to discussing things with people here. As someone with my own experience in the toy Industry I can sympathize with your plights that you are facing and will inevitably face down the road, but I think you guys are making a strong effort to offer product that people want... You're doing a service.

Keep at it guys and I believe it will indeed take off. I know I've got my eyes on a lot of things already myself. My decision to order isn't an easy one, especially with the way things are working, but hopefully you'll find a quicker means of distribution or a retailer's gonna give you a deserved shot.

KB's not a toy store that should be used a market gauge by any means... If they were, every toy line would be a failure, judging by their shelves. Can't blame the lines for what the stores do to themselves.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Powerteamusa.com
Private First Class
Private First Class

Advice...

Post by Powerteamusa.com » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:45 am

Thanks for the input everyone..

I was given an interesting question by another community member here that I'd like to share with you all:

" Is it better to support the product by purchasing through the site or via a local distributor such as KB Toys?"

Great question that deserves an honest answer.

Of course, we want to see the site be a success as to show corporate in Hong Kong the un tapped potential and demand here in the US. However...times are tight. KB is under scrutiny by the courts to clear inventory ASAP. This means certain common items are availible to you BELOW cost. That's the good news..the bad news is that KB hasn't placed an order for next year and we're hearing they may not be around next year.

That being said, my answer to this question is raid thoe KB's and buy up what you can ASAP. Of course we want you to buy from the site, but if the inventory locally is availible to you less than cost and free of any shipping charges, you can't pass that up. Heck I'm even buying some it to have on hand as samples for display and to send our for promo purposes.

You'll find items at the site you can still buy, like the Little Bird, HQ, SEAL tema sets, Watchtowers, Quads and others that aren't availible at retail. The site will have the whole line including never before seen 3 3/4" & 12" Fire & SWAT product.

Right now, we are revamping the cart to accept orders without billing you till the product is actually shipping out to you. That in addition to adding the rest of the lines to the site(and that's no easy task folks) is our current agenda.

Once this ball is rolling we'll be able to convince Honk Kong HQ that they need to stock more product here in the states, meaning less of a lead time for you all.

Once again, thank for allowing us time here in the forum. Please let me know if I can help with anything via email. I will keep everyone updated once we're in full swing and product is on the water.

Brian Santore
Your exclusive source for the full line of Powerteam Military, SWAT & Fire acton figures, vehicles, playsets & accesories in both 3 3/4" & 12" scale.

Do YOU have The Power?

www.powerteamusa.com

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:28 am

Wow, now that is what I call product support!!! Thanks Brian for the great info. I think a lot of other manufacturers can learn a thing or two from you! Your posts are extremely welcome to an information starved collecting group. :D

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]