breaking news!! 1/18 f-5 aggressor is coming out-JAN.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
turkish1
Corporal
Corporal

breaking news!! 1/18 f-5 aggressor is coming out-JAN.

Post by turkish1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:12 am

when we were checking the ebay site-Chinese- we saw a guy taking pre orders for 1/18 f-5 aggressor..!!!!

next day ebay removed the page due to act of privacy issue..!!!

i think he had some contacts ...!!!
Last edited by turkish1 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:53 am

when we were checking the ebay site-Chinese- we saw a guy taking pre orders for 1/18 f-5 agressor..!!!
The F-5 freedom fighter will make a wonderful subject for an XD model, sleek and fast looking, with lots of possibilities for repaints. BTW, I just have to ask... can you actually read Chinese?? :shock: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/ ... e-2elp.jpg
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:36 am

:shock: Now that is interesting!! Now to see who it was supposed to come from, hehehehehe..... bbi?? Thanks for the heads-up!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:49 am

Very cool news, maybe they will make a T-38 also. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:11 am

Sabrefan wrote:Very cool news, maybe they will make a T-38 also. :D
I'd definately prefer a T-38 over the F-5 any day. It would be the only jet I would get with a Thunderbirds scheme on it. IMHO, the T-38 was the best jet flown by the T-Birds....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:12 am

F-5? zzzzzzzzzz (the aircraft equivelant of the pionierwagen).

:wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:22 am

I don't think I recall anyone mentioning the F-5 as thier choice for the next released fighter. I don't even the Air Force used it as one, except in the T-38 version and in agressor squadrons. There are so many aircraft I would love to have above this one I think I'll pass on it.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:35 am

Jericoeagle1 wrote:I don't think I recall anyone mentioning the F-5 as thier choice for the next released fighter. I don't even the Air Force used it as one, except in the T-38 version and in agressor squadrons. There are so many aircraft I would love to have above this one I think I'll pass on it.
See thats the thing, did anyone even mention what their next fighter was? The next jet was either 21st's ME-262 or Admirals'. As far as that the only upcoming release on the horizon that we knew about was the hellcat from BBI.

I am hoping the F-5 is from BBI. I remember going list crazy with that plane and listing all the paint schemes it could be repainted in!!

Here's to hoping its from BBI and its coming out for spring! (Don't mind if its Admiral toys or 21st....I just like BBI a lot).
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

digger

f-5?

Post by digger » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:37 am

Have to agree with Jerico - why o why would anyone make this bird? New AC is always nice but this one makes no sense...let's hope this rumor is NOT true..maybe the guy meant F6 :wink:

And this isn't one of a number of variations of an existing vehicle that Andrew happens to dislike, this is a whole new mold that nobody ever said they wanted..

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: f-5?

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:39 am

digger wrote:Have to agree with Jerico - why o why would anyone make this bird? New AC is always nice but this one makes no sense...let's hope this rumor is NOT true..maybe the guy meant F6 :wink:

And this isn't one of a number of variations of an existing vehicle that Andrew happens to dislike, this is a whole new mold that nobody ever said they wanted..
I guess I'm in the minority then!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

digger

Post by digger » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:45 am

Shin Densetsu wrote:I guess I'm in the minority then!
Shin, the VN AC under your name are "A-4. F-8 and F-4" I don't see F-5 on that wish list. :wink:

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:49 am

I agree with Jerico and Digger. Out of all the jets that have had intrests expressed in, where's the logic in picking this one to produce? Highly expressed interest in an A-10 and an F-4 and we get an F-5? Again, where's the logic? I hope it's not true as well... :roll:
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:53 am

AN F-5 you got to be joking, if this rumor is true it tells me that the companies are not listening to the customer. Now if the make an F-14 to go along with the F-5 that that would be cool.

But why on earth would some one make an F-5 there is very little interest in that aircraft.
“The F-5 has long been regarded as an entry level fighter that was not suitable
to front-line use by the US armed forces.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-5_Freedom_Fighter
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:11 pm

It means that the customer is not important, the worse part is they are not looking at the market or doing a market research. Would you say that the F-5 is more of a novelty piece ?

"One of the biggest problems is “company policy.” Many company policies are structured to protect the company from the customer instead of helping the customer get what he wants and has paid for. Your success will explode when your company, and your employees are structured with the customers’ wants and needs in mind.

As a customer how many times have you been talking with a sales person, or a customer service rep and hear “sorry we can’t do that, company policy.” A barrier was thrown up between what you think is only reasonable and the company. For me, I’m out of there."
Last edited by VMF115 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turkish1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by turkish1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:15 pm

i am sure f-14 will follow the series....if you think logically..f 14 sales will be much more then f-5

but anyone who purchases f-5 will purchase f-14 next FOR SURE..i think that was the deal...and even keeping the f-14 hope will make most of us buy this jet...

if they had f-14 first i think most of us wouldnt wanna go with a less fancy jet next....

as f-5 will be an agressor f-14 will be TOP-GUN MIRAMAR NAS...

not the IRANIAN version ...!!!!!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:20 pm

turkish1 wrote:i am sure f-14 will follow the series....if you think logically..f 14 sales will be much more then f-5

but anyone who purchases f-5 will purchase f-14 next FOR SURE..i think that was the deal...and even keeping the f-14 hope will make most of us buy this jet...

if they had f-14 first i think most of us wouldnt wanna go with a less fancy jet next....

as f-5 will be an agressor f-14 will be TOP-GUN MIRAMAR NAS...

not the IRANIAN version ...!!!!!
Yes but there is no guarantee that an F-14 will ever be made, the smart thing to do would be to announce the f-14 and the f-5 aggressor but release the f-5 six months before the
F-14.
I mean there could be a market for those that have the F-18 but I don’t know if I would buy one just one that idea alone.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:41 pm

why not make an A-4 Skyhawk insted of the F-5 makes more sense to me.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:57 pm

the only reason i can see going with an F-5 is for the large variety of repaints possible and the small overall size of the plane. It does look sharp as well, so to the average toy buyer it might be eye catching but to most aviation enthusiasts i think it will have a cool reception, if produced.

However, all that said, i'll get one for sure...lol.

But if a smaller aircraft was desired to be made then an A-4 or Harrier would seem the way to go. Perhaps less repaint potential (specifically with the harrier) but if it's a BBI release then repaints don't seem to be huge on their priority list anyway and a harrier would have wider appeal.

Still, it may just be another unfounded rumour.....lord knows we've had lots of those over the years..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:00 pm

aferguson wrote:the only reason i can see going with an F-5 is for the large variety of repaints possible and the small overall size of the plane. It does look sharp as well, so to the average toy buyer it might be eye catching but to most aviation enthusiasts i think it will have a cool reception, if produced.

However, all that said, i'll get one for sure...lol.

But if a smaller aircraft was desired to be made then an A-4 or Harrier would seem the way to go. Perhaps less repaint potential (specifically with the harrier) but if it's a BBI release then repaints don't seem to be huge on their priority list anyway and a harrier would have wider appeal.

Still, it may just be another unfounded rumour.....lord knows we've had lots of those over the years..

yup I would rather have a 1/18 Macchi then a 1:18 f-5 :wink:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:05 pm

I'm probably the odd man out, but if it is an aircraft that hasnt been made before, and it is 1:18 scale, then I'm in! :D F-5 sure beats the hell out of a 15th repaint of a P-47! This might be an Admiral Toys offering as I remember them saying awhile back that
they would have something new that hadn't been requested much before.
(I'm too tired to go digging through the threads to find it)
If it is Admiral, then I'll buy a couple for their willngness to hang in there and make new offerings. I only wish they werent starting to dabble in numerous scales like 21st. Was hoping they would cater to us 1:18 guys since 21st and BBi leave us hanging out there.

Still a great hobby and looking forward to the Me-262 next week!!!!! :D

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:07 pm

Ill buy one Its a cool little plane plus kids would think it looked cool. Lot of repaints.
Kurt

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:19 pm

KWR190 wrote:Ill buy one Its a cool little plane plus kids would think it looked cool. Lot of repaints.
Kurt
Amen Kurt! and I sure wish someone would make an FW-190 like your avatar! Sooooo many beautiful repaint options :D

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:23 pm

KWR190 wrote:Ill buy one Its a cool little plane plus kids would think it looked cool. Lot of repaints.
Kurt
Just for fun, not to be taken seriously.

I would like to known what other aircraft they showed the kids at the focus group was it an A-10…

Kids response the A-10 is big and ugly, give us the sleek airplane that has pretty blue paint

turkish1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by turkish1 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:59 pm

i am stationed in Incirlik-Turkey...USAFE base...

Turkish air force still flies f-5 (actually NF-5 version) and they have an awesome acrobatic team called TURKISH Stars..beautifully painted NF-5s

also some for training...a total of 50 in service...they are great planes..especially when you look from the nose !!! looks like a shark !!! 1/18 will surely have 2 gun doors on the sides of the nose...

aggressor painting will look great...

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Also look at that it is lot smaller and cheaper dont get me wrong I want a A10 also but look at all the countrys that had F5 they could sell great there peaple like me would remember the plane from when they were younger or if they went to a air show I went all the time when I was younger with my dad when we where there he would point out the planes he worked on so on that note there are a lot of planes I would like but propley wont be made but when he was In VN he did have to get parts for one he didnt know what it was
Kurt