New 1/18 Tank R/C 21/Century

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:55 pm

WM, WM, WM!
Oh, d**n you foul one!
Thou makest me pissed.

...oh the humanity...

But cool lookin' tank by the way. Three cheers to 21.

Tpa05 out.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:08 pm

I don't think anyone was being sarcastic CrackedPot. Since no one had heard of these before and since it was your first post on here i think there was some skepticism for sure....which is understandable, i think. But you were 100% correct for sure.

Very surprising to see this but very welcomed too. The first order of business is to take the armoured skirts off the turret. (strange 21c didnt' do this themselves, since they went to all the trouble of adding the antenae deflector under the short barrel). From that point you pretty much have a late aus D, E or very early F. The commander's hatch is wrong for those versions but that's pretty minor.

If one removes the stowage bin from the back of the turret (assuming this leaves the correct turret shape underneath) than you can have a reaonable ausf A to D. Invasion of Poland, Battle of France and early North Africa.

Very cool. Thanks for the excellent recon, CrackedPot.

:D

(yet another reason to shuffle off to Buffalo soon...)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:24 pm

I have seen many broken Panzer IV guns in the box -
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:25 pm

I'd recently recieved a mkIV off evil bay that arrived with the main gun shattered beyond repair. After looking at it I decided to work on converting it to an earlier one. With some help from the kind folks at the Missing Lynx Axis Forum and Osprey's Panderkampfwagen IV Medium
Tank 1936-1945 by Perrett and Laurier, the only practical short barrel mk IV was the F1. The main problem was the postion of the TC's hatch, it was moved forwad from the earlier versions (thiers bulged out at the back simular to how the Tiger II Porche turret bulged out at the side, if that makes sense). The other main differances, that I disregarded, is that the grill work on the rear deck is much differant, location of external stowage including the spare roadwheels. The single and split TC's and side hatches I'm not clear about, photos seem to indicate both work for the F1. The exhaust is differant. Additional vision ports on the turret and hull sides, Also many smaller details.

The turret bin is easily removed. There are two triangular tabs at the top that are easily sanded off and a mount at the bottom that is also easily sanded off, however above this tab is a small flat area that needs to be filled in and contoured to match the turret's shape.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:42 pm

Why is there no Ultimate Soldier or XD branding anywhere on the boxes of the RC tanks? Plus the company listed is New Milenium. I've wondered that since I saw one in WM a while back. :?:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

MG-42

New Millennium box ?

Post by MG-42 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:19 am

Rowsdower wrote:Why is there no Ultimate Soldier or XD branding anywhere on the boxes of the RC tanks? Plus the company listed is New Milenium. I've wondered that since I saw one in WM a while back. :?:
>>> New Millennium Toys Ltd. is a subsidiary of 21st.Century Toys. ... Like a sister company of theirs. Just sold under a private label ,.. ie ,.. or another name. This is why there is no mention of the Ultimate Soldier or 21st.Century Toys on the packaging. ... ^ MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:16 am

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info MG. 8)

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:21 pm

This new Panzer IV is cool. But I would prefer a non R/C version because I'm not the bigges fan of those. This early version with short barrel and grey paint job is nice, but I think the european exclusive version with side skirts and two tankers is just the better deal.

digger

well

Post by digger » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Before we wish it was non-RC let's remember that only the RC versions wound up on sale for $25, $20 & $10. :D

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:10 pm

Why the heck are there skirt mountings but no skirts on the RC PZIVs?