how long do you

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:34 am

I'm sorry, pokeyjtc, but I had to e-mail a copy of one of your pictures to my dad with the message, "See? I'm not as crazy as you think!" :lol:

(My family has this notion that I constantly waste my time collecting and playing with toys - which is only partly true! Actually, I put in a 45 hr work week, on top of a full load of graduate-level history courses, so I of course spend my meager free time unwinding :wink: )

That "airshow" display just looks way too cool 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:08 am

:shock:
You say this is the back lot at 21st CenturyToys? Aviation Deptartment? :D
tmanthegreat wrote: My family has this notion that I constantly waste my time collecting and playing with toys -
Yeh, I feel your pain! I get the same stuff with collecting my antique toys, untill someone outside pays it some attention! Then it changes to "WE Collect" or "OUR Collection!" They changed their tune a few years ago when I was invited on a national TV Collector Show to share my collection!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Brick buildings?

Post by parrish333 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:35 pm

digger wrote:
parrish333 wrote:Hey Digger - where did you get those those brick buildings in that photo? Those look pretty sweet!
They're my POLA G Scale buildings - one of them is just a fraction of itself so it can fit on the shelf. You can see some pics here:

http://news.webshots.com/photo/23067849 ... 6633DNUQKL

http://news.webshots.com/photo/29404590 ... 6633FCDGKU

http://news.webshots.com/photo/12546898 ... 6633hdnljL

I've seen some Pola buildings on the various railroad hobby sites -- they are pretty pricey! They are quite stunning though, especially considering 21C seems to have given up on any more buildings.

I've always wondered if they had any interior detail --- it looked like from one of your pics that at least the doors open. But I'm guessing there's no interior detail --- or no way to really make use of the interior space since they are designed to be walled on all sides for railroad displays.

Oh, and one more question if you'll indulge me, Digger: was that a German 88 I spied in one of your photos? I didn't know there was a 1:18 scale one out there! I even thought about buying the 1:32 scale 21C version and doing the scale conversion, using the 1:32 88mm in a 1:18 world would make it a ~50mm gun! How sad is that?!

digger

buildings etc..

Post by digger » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:24 pm

I used a Pola building I had as a garage - it was an empty barn like building and I needed all the space I could get so it housed a few Jeeps and CC. There is not much interior detail (if any) on them but doors do open, and even the windows on the School House which is sweet. :D

The 88 is larger than 1:18 - it is almost 1:16 as a matter of fact. It is a diecast desktop display piece that's been around for a while that I hit with a light spray of Grey to dull the finish. It fits the bill nicely until we get the real thing.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:38 pm

Nice collection there. Your pet dog must be well trained not to run amok among all those nicely parked planes.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 pm

He isn't that well trained , just small and nimble. :lol: He likes to jump over them. :shock: Yes, it makes me cringe too. You can see him sitting in the grass, by the planes on the right side edge of the third photo. He's a schnauzer named Otto.

digger

hey!

Post by digger » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:27 pm

pokeyjtc wrote:...You can see him sitting in the grass, by the planes on the right side edge of the third photo. He's a schnauzer named Otto.
There he is! :D I didn't spot him before. :P I have a German too who also likes the toys but he is big and clumsy. If I wasn't rather accident prone myself I would hold it against him. :roll:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:32 pm

I have four cats and they seem to like to spin the props on the WWII aircraft, so far they don’t bother them. :shock: :shock:

They play more with them then I do, they especially like the boxes. :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!