2 questions about SDCC Pic

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

2 questions about SDCC Pic

Post by MandaloreSC » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:17 am

Hi guys!
When I was looking through my XD folder on my computer, I found a picture that I've saved two years ago. I don't know who did this one, but it was made at San Diego Comic Con 2004. In the background, behind the Bob Sherman Tank on the desk, I see a group of marching figures. Does anyone remember what kind of figures these are? They look like a troop of german Fallschirmjäger. Has they ever been released as a troop building set, or was this only a prototype of 21st?

Also I see some german troops (officers) on the right side of the table, that are standing next to a playset. Same question about them. They never saw release, did they?
Does anyone have close up pictures of these figures?

toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 am

Never released. If I recall they were just like a Kit bash set. They used all existing parts to create these. I would have liked to have seen them but zip so far.

digger

old stuff, we want new stuff..

Post by digger » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:00 am

The only difference between those marching infantry and the BoB S1.5 & SII is that they used the old heads on the guys you see here. We have those guys (no holes for packs on the back notice) already, except our guys have removable helmets and with the BoB II actually have accurate markings on the helmets...
The FJ you just need a ton of Krieger and some headswaps..

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:59 am

Thanks very much guys! It's a great set. I wish they would release it someday. Does anyone have a better picture from the Fallschirmjäger set? I already have 8 Kriegers and I did headswaps with them. I think its pretty funny that 21st had the same idea. I'd love it if they would release this Fallschirmjäger set, because right now these Kriegers are nearly impossible to find. 21st could earn some pretty good money by releasing this set.

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:29 am

That building never came out, did it? I'd love to have a shot at buying 2 or 3 of those. Now that there's been so much stuff at this scale out for while, they should give a big playset like that building another shot.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:41 am

I can confirm that this is something they were considering at one time, and discussed interest levels a bit with their retailers. However, it would appear that they decided not to go with it since we never heard anything else and that was two years ago.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:11 am

Totally kitbashed figures! I have a bunch of customs (one exactly like the officer in the open coat) that I made with the same BoB and S1 German parts. There's really no need to release them now, especially with the new Normandy German figures coming 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:53 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Totally kitbashed figures! I have a bunch of customs (one exactly like the officer in the open coat) that I made with the same BoB and S1 German parts. There's really no need to release them now, especially with the new Normandy German figures coming 8)
I understand what you mean, but not everybody is such a talented customizer as you are. I would buy these guys - don't mind if they are only kitbashed figures. 8)
But I think the situation with the "Private Krieger troop" is different. These guys simply aren't available anymore. Prices on ebay for those Fallschirmjäger are pretty high, so maybe it would really make sense to release a set just like this one.

(and again) Does anyone have a closeup picture of this Fallschirmjäger troop? I'd love to take a closer look at them.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:06 pm

EnemyAce wrote:That building never came out, did it? I'd love to have a shot at buying 2 or 3 of those. Now that there's been so much stuff at this scale out for while, they should give a big playset like that building another shot.
This is the "city house" that has never been released, although there are one, maybe two prototypes that have been at virtually every show 21st attends for the past three years. As far as I can tell, it never made it past the prototype stage athough it had been advertised along with the other playsets in the early days of XD. I have always thought this looked like it could have been the best playset and best seller.
Last edited by flayrah on Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:15 pm

MandaloreSC wrote:I understand what you mean, but not everybody is such a talented customizer as you are. I would buy these guys - don't mind if they are only kitbashed figures. 8)
Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not all that talented... I merely switched the heads and arms, which was pretty easy to execute.

Far better custom figures have been done by other boardmembers! 21c is making new German figures that will be all new and have even better articulation than those pictured from two years ago!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:13 pm

Yes and just in case you didn't see it in the other threads, you just have to pop the guys into hot water (happens to me all the time with the wife ya know..). Soak for a few seconds, then their arms, heads, legs and what-not come right out with a gentle tug. Start swappin!
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com