POST PAK 40 & NEW HALFTRACK FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by grunt1 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:35 am

Just got the Pak from a fellow board member (Thanks!! :wink: ) and all of the positive reviews were right on the money. This thing is great and really gives you the feel for how amazing an 88 will be when they produce one.

So many little touches like multiple ammo crates (and enough shells to stuff them all) really finish it off nicely. 8)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:03 pm

Must have been loud as hell working around those four fiftys when they were in action!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

B-24Sharky
Corporal
Corporal

Post by B-24Sharky » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:01 pm

Found the new halftracks and pak-40 gun this morning! :D Now bring on the new figures!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:33 pm

hmm.....seems these thing are working their way north. Come on Niagra Falls!
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:37 pm

so it seems that there was enough clearance in the converted M3's for the turret to turn, even though they didn't have the notches. As i said earlier probably just millimeters of clearance, explaining the tight fit of the turret on the 21c model. Good engineering on their part to squeeze it in at 1/18 the size.

:wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:36 pm

I GOT 'EM! The wife and I headed south to do some scouting and only had to go so far as Merced Walmart to find all 4. I do have to let her take one so she can wrap it up for Christmas. However, I am only interested in the PAK40 and M16 Halftrack.

*ON HOLD* Anyone interested in the Stuka Zu Fuss or "Pioneer"panzerwagen Halftracks for only cost plus shipping? I take paypal and I can ship worldwide. First come first served. *ON HOLD*

MK
Last edited by MK on Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:44 pm

MK wrote:Anyone interested in the Stuka Zu Fuss or "Pioneer"panzerwagen Halftracks for only cost plus shipping? I take paypal and I can ship worldwide. First come first served. :D

MK
PM sent.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:48 pm

I came across these vehicles for a second time! I stopped by the Madera, CA Wal Mart as I had a free couple hours. They had the Pioneerwagen, Stuka zu Fuss, and M-16. Someone else must have nabbed the Pak-40. This store generally gets new stuff in, so I'm not surprised these showed there. What is funny is that all four of the Wal Marts in Fresno have not gotten any new 1:18 armor (at least from what I've seen) while the two closest stores in neighboring communities have gotten them.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:08 pm

Turns out, only the Pioneerwagen is on hold. The Stuka Zu Fuss I bought had a broken wheel. If anyone needs a broken halftrack, check the Ceres Walmart tomorrow morning after I return it. :wink:

Great news TMAN, I think we may see another wave of these because of the shift from Halloween to Christmas inside the stores. I found the four on the top shelf across from the XD items. It was my wife who spotted them and asked if those were "them".

MK

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:02 pm

Glad to see some people scoring the new toys. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go cry myself to sleep. :P

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm

Ok I did a little digging IT appears that the Pak-40 hanomag is not really released... officially. There are very very very few that made it out in the assortment. Technically the shippments are supposed to be 1 Pinoeerwagen, 1 stuka zu fuss, 1 us M-16 halftrack and 1 Pak-40 Cannon (not the hanomag)... but the 2 wheeled cannon! The first few boxes looks like were confused and loaded up with a couple Pak-40 hanomags.

I have been told though, that the new Pak-40 hanomag will be shipping almost anyday now. DO NOT buy a Pak-40 hanomag for BIG MONEY if 1 or 2 do pop up on e-bay. Trust me, you will regret it when a few weeks later you can find them for 22.00! Be patient on this one.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:46 pm

tko211 wrote:I have been told though, that the new Pak-40 hanomag will be shipping almost anyday now. DO NOT buy a Pak-40 hanomag for BIG MONEY if 1 or 2 do pop up on e-bay. Trust me, you will regret it when a few weeks later you can find them for 22.00! Be patient on this one.
Too bad that isn't the case for the other four items as well.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:46 pm

tko211 wrote:Ok I did a little digging IT appears that the Pak-40 hanomag is not really released... officially. There are very very very few that made it out in the assortment. Technically the shippments are supposed to be 1 Pinoeerwagen, 1 stuka zu fuss, 1 us M-16 halftrack and 1 Pak-40 Cannon (not the hanomag)... but the 2 wheeled cannon! The first few boxes looks like were confused and loaded up with a couple Pak-40 hanomags.

I have been told though, that the new Pak-40 hanomag will be shipping almost anyday now. DO NOT buy a Pak-40 hanomag for BIG MONEY if 1 or 2 do pop up on e-bay. Trust me, you will regret it when a few weeks later you can find them for 22.00! Be patient on this one.
Thanks for the heads up! :wink:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:59 am

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:01 am

for those that don't have these peices yet go to your local WM and have someone scan it with there lil gun and it will hopefully tell you if they are coming in. I'm going to try it in a few days.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:51 am

MK wrote:I was asked to scan the barcodes for the halftracks and cannon. I hope they will be helpful in the search:MK
Great! Thanks! I will give it a shot.

So I just print these out same size as the JPEG right? Somehow I picture the WM employees head exploding when I ask them to scan these. :twisted:

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:28 pm

Thanks for the intel tko. Much appreciated.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:19 pm

Rowsdower wrote:
So I just print these out same size as the JPEG right? Somehow I picture the WM employees head exploding when I ask them to scan these. :twisted:
I didn't size them to print size, so you may need to make some adjustments.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:23 pm

MK wrote:I didn't size them to print size, so you may need to make some adjustments.
All ready to go, thanks again!

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:25 am

@tko211: Thanks very much for checking this! I hope the PAK 40 Hanomag will show up soon. Great vehicle!
*ON HOLD* Anyone interested in the Stuka Zu Fuss or "Pioneer"panzerwagen Halftracks for only cost plus shipping? I take paypal and I can ship worldwide. First come first served. *ON HOLD*
Damn it! I think I was to late. If you find another one of these - or a PAK 40 Hanomag, please let me know. :lol:

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:34 am

I'm pleased to report that the assortment has made it to Broward County. I only got as far as the Atlantic Blvd/Pompano Beach Walmart, so I'm not sure which of the others also have them. I picked up all but the Stuka zu Fuss. At the time, there was a stray Stuka in addition to the one I left behind. When I went back again on Sunday, there was another full assortment on the shelf, so that means they've ordered at least 3 cases.

Here are a few photos.

So, how much do you think I could get for my super-custom PaK40 on Ebay? (no, it's not for sale) 8)
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:41 am

The engineer half-track with that "cute as a button" 2.8cm gun just gives me the sweaty chills......and a PAK-40 to pull :shock:

I've got the DID and the DML 2.8 guns in 1/6 and now after seeing the 21C 1/18 one, I'm going to mount the DID gun on my Sdkfz 250.....

Oh, the horror of it all... :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:55 am

Yeah, it is pretty neat. I chose that one over the Stuka, even though the Stuka has a much nicer paint job, because of the 2.8cm gun.

I had to pull the rear shield and re-glue it since it was originally assembled crooked. Naturally I broke the dang sight tube in the process. It went right back on though. I highly recommend the Pionier Panzerwagen.

Here's a couple more for grins.

I thought it was kind of nice that you can pull the .50 cal turret without disassembling the whole dang halftrack.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:21 am

MK wrote:
I think having these barcodes online is a great idea for us! We should have a place where someone comes across a new item and puts the barcode/SKU # online so that the rest of us can use at the WMs to help us in our searches.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:27 am

My mistake, forget it, sorry :oops:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]