Most Walmarts you've visited in a one day XD mission?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

Most Walmarts you've visited in a one day XD mission?

1 - Are you crazy?
5%
2 - Mine are really far away so this was a big day..
14%
3 to 5 - I do this pretty much every weekend
46%
5 to 7 - When something really good comes out
21%
8 or more - Uh, Houston.. ?
14%

Total votes: 57

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:48 am

My AO has four and I hit them all if I'm looking for something special, like the Avenger, now, and some time ago when 21C came out with the 1/6 Kettengrad with trailer.

Always try to recon any WM I pass on my travels.

BTW, never did find the Kett in my AO, one of the board members found it for me down south and made the room to carry it back for me. This board has more than it's share of great guys, that's for sure, that's fur dang sure. :lol: .

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:57 am

There is one in the Dayton area that I hit with regularity, like once a week. Maybe once or twice a month, or when I am on the hunt for something new, I will sweep the entire Cin-Day corredor. From up by Wright State University, down I-75 to the 2 near the Dayton Mall, to Middletown, to Liberty Twp, to Colerain, to Oxford, to Greenville and then back home. That makes 8 when I am really into looking for something.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:53 am

Maybe 3 to 4 for XD. But, when Star Wars first came out, around '95-'96 and I was living in L.A., I would say a few times I easily hit 10+ Walmarts, Targets and TRUs.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:06 pm

most was 5 in one day for me
hope to get close to that this weekend while races are on in Richmond Va area. :D
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:37 pm

The most I've done was 6 in one day. :D

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:35 pm

There was only 1 WM where I use to live and now there's only 1 WM near my new house which is 5 hours away from my old one. I'm not talking about the same WM.
There's no XD at any WM or TRU stores here in Canada, nor is there BBI, or any military 1:18 other than Corps products, so I visit 0 WM stores to find XD.

What's the best online store for buying 1:18 military figs?

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:19 pm

ogravl, you talkin' about the new Walmart that'll be opening in Oberlin? Did Lorain give WM the approval to build in Lorain?
I finally learned my lesson about wasting time and gas! Thanks BIG TIME to Corey!!!!!! :D

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:00 pm

You could also call the WM and get put through to the toy department and ask if the sales asociate can check for you what they have. Sometimes you can get a good person who can tell you what they have and sometimes they may offer to keep their eye open for you when new stuff comes in.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Popeye wrote:You could also call the WM and get put through to the toy department and ask if the sales asociate can check for you what they have. Sometimes you can get a good person who can tell you what they have and sometimes they may offer to keep their eye open for you when new stuff comes in.
Or you can just go to Corey!! :D :D

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:52 pm

[quote="holensock"]ogravl, you talkin' about the new Walmart that'll be opening in Oberlin? Did Lorain give WM the approval to build in Lorain?
Yes the new one in Oberlin. I think Lorain said no to Walmart.

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:46 pm

holensock wrote:
Popeye wrote:You could also call the WM and get put through to the toy department and ask if the sales asociate can check for you what they have. Sometimes you can get a good person who can tell you what they have and sometimes they may offer to keep their eye open for you when new stuff comes in.
Or you can just go to Corey!! :D :D
Go to Corey? Why? Does he have connections in the big WM empire, or is he the hookup

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:22 am

Popeye wrote:
holensock wrote: Or you can just go to Corey!! :D :D
Go to Corey? Why? Does he have connections in the big WM empire, or is he the hookup
Corey has saved me TIME and saved me money on gasoline by having ALL the XD and bbi stuff I wanted! Not to mention not having to stand in line at WM or TRU! I ordered one day and in a short time he had the stuff at my front door! QUICK AND EASY!!! No wasted days off traveling to one store than another. Check his site out!!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:29 am

Ogravl, I went past that Oberlin store the Sunday before last, hope it has some new XD! Too bad Lorain passed on the Walmart. I think it was supposed to be built across from the Super Kmart...if it would've happened, the Super Kmart would've kissed the world good-by. I went to the WM in Avon Lake on Sunday...just a few BOB1 US tankers...some 32 scale...didn't get a chance to hit the WM at Midway Mall...

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:47 am

holensock wrote:Ogravl, I went past that Oberlin store the Sunday before last, hope it has some new XD! Too bad Lorain passed on the Walmart. I think it was supposed to be built across from the Super Kmart...if it would've happened, the Super Kmart would've kissed the world good-by. I went to the WM in Avon Lake on Sunday...just a few BOB1 US tankers...some 32 scale...didn't get a chance to hit the WM at Midway Mall...
I hit those this weekend also and you did not miss a thing. Just wish I knew when Oberlin was going to open. I think the Lorain Walmart would have passed if it was going to be located some place else, it is just to conjested in that area.

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:42 am

no WM, no XD, no toyrun... :(