what`s this all about???

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:49 pm

And my reply:

If their is something I can do please let me know, their are many options, although DAV is a start.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Caveat emptor

Post by c44 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:57 pm

chunks, it was gracious of you to reach out to this guy, who maybe a BS artist supreme, or maybe at least a little unhinged, or some combination of the two...it's a shame we have to be properly skeptical of this guy's claims because of what has to be deliberate misinformation in his sales pitch (and we've all heard stories of down-on-their luck [insert war of your choice] vets who were scam artists whose only service in uniform was a 3 day stint at Taco Bell)...If his story is even partially true I hope he gets the help he needs...since no one on this board is gonna be taken in by his ludicrous e-bay listings, maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt and move on...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:20 pm

currahee44

Thanks, and assuming this isn't a big scam, it isn't for me to thank you. The real thanks come from those folks and heroes who can't. Thanks for a lotta of what you left unsaid.

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:00 pm

It's not worth getting upset over though either... When you're in a toy line long enough you see them all. The SW crowd is full of guys just like this. It's down to "if people are dumb enough to buy into it... so be it" kind of a thing. :(

He does what he does... He won't stop either most likely, so I think you guys are barking up the wrong tree there. I love how he really slammed people in replies about being a vet and all that though... I mean, not to offend you guys who are vets but in my world you get respect when you show it first, irregardless of service to others. This guy didn't show it much.

I have a cousin serving right now, and ya know I'd still tell him he's an a-wipe if I think he's acting like one... :) And he can be that way.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:26 pm

Perhaps that just means that you have no understanding of the consiquinces of choice. Perhaps your brother puts up since not putting up isn't worth the resulting effort.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:28 pm

Sorry, I ment cousin.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:27 am

Chunks:

You are obviously on this BS artist's side, that's OK, like butt's, we all have opinions but ease up a little on board members who are slamming this guy.

FACT: This guy is a BS artist. On his listing he lied and got nailed by Ski.

Everything else in this matter is up to the reader to decide what is fact.

Is this guy even a vet who spent three years in combat in the Gulf War?
I believe that is BS.

Is he disabled who supports his family on earnings from eBay?
BS again, I guess his family doesn't eat much from the amount of his listings.

I just find it strange that his tone and the composition of his reply to you is totally different frm the way he wrote his eBay listing.

Believe what you want, we can all move on with this BS artist moaning to himself as far as I'm concerned.

BTW, you are not the only vet on this board. No matter what the level of our service or the length of time we served, it counts, but these days fewer people even care. We all move on, or stew in our own juices. If you want to hear sad stories, we all have them, listen to some of the gus on this board. Like everything else on the Net, the level of believability is up to you as the reader.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

digger

whoa..

Post by digger » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:40 am

OK boys..there is a thread in BST for ebay discussion and an entire Off Topic Forum....let's leave this alone for now; it is surely no longer 1:18 related..

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:26 pm

Digger is 100% correct. I think it is time to move off from this topic. 21st is now also aware of the issue / false claims and the following was asked to be communicated as the final position.

These are the Facts...

1. 21st is VERY much still in business.

2. The Avenger model is selling well and many more are planned to be made. these include the rest of the Atlantic scheme, Flight 19, George Bush, and a few others that have not been announced yet for perhaps a late 07 date. This is a brand new model and 21st expects a long product life for the Avenger

3. More new airplanes and other products are in development and planned for the future in all scales.

Ebay is a crazy place it is kinda like a big yard sale with all kinds of colorful people. In this case we find a person who has chosen to scare a potential buyer into feeling a false sense of urgency on an item that is just now starting to become widely available to all of the buying public. Good on you board members who have made an attempt to correct the sellers "sales pitch" and it is especially appreciated that the fans here remind everyone that 21st is indeed doing well. We can all expect to see many more wonderful military products developed in the immediate future.

Now how about some a new 1:18 scale figure pic!!!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:29 pm

and on that note...

Topic Closed.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...