what`s this all about???

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tiger1
Corporal
Corporal

what`s this all about???

Post by tiger1 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 am

i`ve been working abroad the last 6weeks,and have not had any access to this-my favorite site,so i`m not updated,but what is this?? out of production?never to be released again??? i`ve pasted and glued to get this in,but scroll down and read what this seller say....
home | pay | register | sign in | site map
Advanced Search

Back to list of items Listed in category: Toys & Hobbies > Diecast, Toy Vehicles > Aircraft > Contemporary (1990-Now)

21st Century toys Grumman TBF-1 Avenger 1:18 NIB WOW Item number: 290035203486

Seller of this item? Sign in for your status Watch this item in My eBay | Email to a friend

View larger picture

Starting bid: US $90.95

price: US $95.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End time: Oct-07-06 13:30:49 PDT (6 days 5 hours)
Shipping costs: US $20.75
Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service (more services)
Ships to: Worldwide
Item location: Shawmut, Maine, United States
History: 0 bids

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also: Watch this item
Get alerts via Text message, IM or Phone call
Sell one like this

Listing and payment details: HideShow
Starting time: Sep-30-06 13:30:49 PDT
Duration: 7-day listing
Payment methods: PayPal,
Money order/Cashiers check
See details

Make no payments for 3 months
and pay no interest if paid in 3 months on your first purchase over $20 with the PayPal Plus Credit Card. Plus, earn rewards on every purchase you make! Get the PayPal Plus Credit Card and use anywhere MasterCard is accepted. See details | Apply now

Meet the seller
Seller: armyinfantry11( 462)
Member: since Sep-21-03 in United States

Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
Add to Favorite Sellers
View seller's other items

Buy safely
1. Check the seller's reputation
Score: 462 | 100% Positive
Read feedback comments
2. Check how you're protected
This item is covered up to $1,000 See eligibility

Description

Item Specifics - Diecast, Toy Vehicles
Type: Airplane Scale: 1:18
Military Aircraft Material: Plastic
Brand: 21st century toys Year of Release: 2006
Condition: Mint in Box

This is a brand New Ultimate soldier 21st century Grummen TBF-1 Avenger this is a massive plane with a 47inch wingspan and at 27 inches long the detail is outstanding everything down to the last rivit is exzact. This is New never taken out , these are no longer being made and I have a HUGE collection of brand new never opened climate controlled showcase planes this one is awesome if you know anything about this company they are no longer in production of most models due to the fact that they were building 200.00 superbly detailed models and selling them for 70.00 and that does not work well, make the center piece of you're collection and buy it now !!! THIS IS NOW OFFICIALLY A DISCOUNTINUED TOY THERE WILL BE NO MORE MADE IMPORTED OR SOLD BY ANY TOY STORES , i HAVE 2 LFT THAT IS WHY I RAISED THE PRICE THIS IS STILL A SUPER DEAL ON A VERY HARD TO GET PLANE !

Select a picture

The power of protection from AOL and eBay. Learn more

Shipping, payment details and return policy
Ships to
Worldwide
Shipping Cost Services Available Available to
US $20.75 Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service United States only
US $38.75 Standard Int'l Flat Rate Shipping Worldwide
Domestic Handling Time
Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment.

Shipping insurance
Not offered

Seller's payment instructions
Must have payment type e-mailed to me withen 48hrs or will relist ie; pay-pal or money order pay-pal preferd but money orders ok. shipping in U.S 20.75 rest of world 38.75

Payment methods accepted

Money order/Cashiers check
Learn about payment methods.

Ready to bid or buy? help

21st Century toys Grumman TBF-1 Avenger 1:18 NIB WOW

Place a Bid
Buy It Now

Item title: 21st Century toys Grumman TBF-1 Avenger 1:18 NIB WOW
Your maximum bid: US $
(Enter US $90.95 or more)

You will confirm in the next step.

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.
Learn about bidding.
price: US $95.00
You will confirm in the next step.

Purchase this item now without bidding.
Learn about Buy It Now.

What else can you do?
Back to list of items | Ask seller a question | Add to Calendar | Report this item | Printer Version | Email to a friend

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

About eBay | Announcements | Security Center | Policies | Site Map | Help

Copyright © 1995-2006 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

eBay official time

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:03 am

Looks alotta like an ebayer trying to get in a last boon for himself.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:12 am

total nonsense..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:26 am

Tiger1:

If you believe everything said by pathetic sellers on eBay, boy have I got a really good buy for you:......

A bridge, in Brooklyn. Great shape for a classic antigue, only 100 years old. Just slap up some toll boths and you'll recoup your purchase price in no time....... :roll:

Sorry guy, I couldn't resist, anyway, I've already got a few bidders. 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:37 am

Here is a direct link to the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1

I agree with Aferg.. TOTAL NONSENSE, just someone trying to scam people with an ambiguous statement.. :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NICE! Well on one hand, yeah the Atlantic scheme is about out of production now the production run is just about complete, so there is some small amount of truth there.

Now that said there is going to be plenty to go around, also there are going to be Flight 19 (all five) and the Bush scheme. That's just what we know about so far.

The company is fine! everyone relax!...

Now about that bridge TTT was going to sell... :twisted:

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:37 am

Just came from 21st centurys site in case there was some info there. Odd thing, they don't have the Avenger shown at all on the main page.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:57 am

As someone who has 2 websites, not updating and featuring new products is a classic no-no.

DH

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:48 pm

I sent this to the seller:

"Sir,

You are being non-truthful about this item. This company is not going out of business, and this plane is not out of production. Matter of fact, at least 2 more schemes are being produced. I would request that you re-state your comments to ensure that prospective buyers are not getting decieved. Thank you.

Teamski"

#&*@ing scalpers.....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:16 pm

I can't wait to hear his response Teamski. These cats hate it when you call them out, they usually come out swinging. On the other hand, if someone is willing to pay his price, well, I guess another sucker is born. :roll: And so the story goes.

:wink:

-Rob

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:00 pm

Anybody look at all the other stuff this guy has for sale? Alot of 21C planes.

Why do I think think this guy is one of us?

TTT

P.S.........Got three bidders on the bridge......better hurry if you want in on this buy of the century.. :wink:

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:26 pm

TKO, do you know if the atlantic avenger is still going to be available for sale online (other than ebay). I thought they were but now I have a small amount of doubt.....
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:01 pm

lol check out his listing now he mentions some of you guys in the body of the listing :lol: but he did change the bad info good work guys!
Could not think of anything to put here.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:10 pm

:lol: :lol:
Teamski, I think you need to tell this "Gulf War Vet" that you're currently on active duty in the US Air Force. Catman needs to stay quiet, though :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Anybody remember Henny Youngman...?

Post by c44 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:11 pm

Re: Why do I think think this guy is one of us? I don't thinx o, his spelling is sew bad that we wood pikkup on it write aweigh, in fact chekk out his other listings, thay R hi comma D...
Re: they usually come out swinging...Well he's changed his listing & made a political issue out of it...left jab, body blow...take that, un-American Teamski1, :lol: :roll: The info in his other listings is so bogus I have severe doubts about his claims to being a disabled vet (with a sick child not covered by his HMO to boot), but I would never order from this guy simply because I doubt he could get the shipping label right...luckily for me many of the scarce items listed are clogging local WM shelves at clearance prices...for instance, take the Maachi---please!
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:23 pm

Gee, come on guys, give the poor disabled Vet a break. He probably spelled as good as me :roll: before he went to serve his country, to defend his country against those evil guys, who actually want to stop him from exercising his right to cheat, lie and flimflam those dopes who believe everything they read on eBay.

TTT

P.S. - Now have five bidders on my bridge, one from Maine, one from Indiana and three from Russia. :lol: Bidding is low but I wait to the end before bidding gets hot... 8)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:34 pm

bah, are the Macchis not selling well? They have too! baaaaaaaah..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:37 pm

The following is a copy and paste of an ebay message I sent to this seller. I'm hoping ,(jeese, how do you hope for someone else's grief) that this is all it is. If it is then he deserves all that he can (outside of any scam, of course). If this is a scam, kudos to those who uncovered it, this guy will next claim to be a Medal of Honour winner.

I too am a vet, while I can understand your concern with others seeking market value (after all this is ebay), I'm also concerned about your vet situation.
As I said I'm a vet and I currently work at Ft. Wainwright, as a civ. There are ways to help with taking care of those important to you. This is something very important to all of us. Let me know if there is something that can be done, without depending on ebay, to help.

Thanks and Regards
Rod

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:59 pm

LOL..... Here is the response I got. And yes, I responded to this with the fact that I too serve our country:

"i HAVE CHANGED MY LISTING AS YOU SEEM TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS ITEM THAN I DO SO I REFERRED PEOPLE TO YOU AS TO WERE AND GET A BETTER DEAL ON THESE AS YOU SEEM TO BE AN EXPERT AND KNOW WHERE TO BUY THEM FROM. i HAD ONLY LISTED THAT BECAUSE MY BROTHER IS FREINDS WITH THE CEO. OF WAL-MART WHO HAS ALL THE SELLING RIGHTS TO DISTRUBUTE THESE INTHEIR STORES, BUT SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN PULLING THEM FROM THEIR SHELVES AND PUTTING THEM IN THE DISCOUNTINUED SECTION I THOUGH I WAS MISLEADING NO ONE , BUT THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU'RE SELF. I SPENT THREE YEARS IN COMBAT TO KEEP PEOPLE LIKE YOU'RE SELF FREE TO SEND E-MAILS TO ME AND HAVE TO PISS AFTER HALF A GLASS OF WATER SINCE I HAD A 7INCH PIECE OF SHRAPNEL GO THOUGH MY SIDE, IT WOULD HAVE KILLED ME BUT IT WAS SLOWED DOWN WHEN IT CUT MY BEST FREIND IN HALF BEFORE IT GOT TO ME. SO WITH THE LITTLE OUR COUNTRY PAYS ME AS A DISABLED VET I TRY TO MAKE ENDS MEET BY SELLING ON E-BAY AND HAVE NEVER HAD ONE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IN 640 SALES BUT THAT IS STILL NOT ENOUGH NOW I HAVE TO HAVE PEOPLE CENSOR MY LISTINGS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD MOVE TO NORTH KOREA OR CHINA ,AS THEY WILL CENSOR THINGS FOR YOU, THINK ABOUT FREEDOM AND THOSE WHO WILL NEVER COME HOME SO YOU CAN TIE ME UP WITH E-MAILS ?"
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:10 pm

Quote from Seller:
"would like to get one of these some where else there are 3 e-bays who can help you out so in order for you to get a better deal drop them an e-mail and they will tell you were to get them, teamski1, airsoftarmoury,and -reforger1974 as these people have sent me a few e-mails telling me to change my listings or Else. Well as a disabled Gulf War Vet e-bay is how I make some of the money for my family and these folks spend their time harassing me so as I said before they seem to KNOW IT ALL and may be a better source for these toys than myself and since I have now changed all my auctions to suit them maybe they will leave me alone , if you have bought from me before you know what I am about so continue to do so or give this guys a e-mail as they are those among us who would not let this country be free until they have sensored everything for you, thank you and God Bless America , Love it or leave it !"
What utter BS! :roll:
I don't care who you are or what you are selling as long as the item is what you say it is. I don't care if it's Ebay or you are the freakin' Walmart.
For this guy to say "among us who would not let this country be free until they have sensored everything for you, thank you and God Bless America , Love it or leave it !" God Bess America - so you can dupe your fellow Americans? Of course that's what the Constitution was written for: Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness at the expense of someone else.
Of course the topper to this is here is Ski who has risked his own skin numerous times in duty to HIS country to insure that this Ebay crackpot can rant on like a maniac!!!!!!!!!
Next person who emails this jerk, let him know that Chavez in VZ or Whoflungpo in North Korea would love to have his kind join them. I would pay for the one-way plane flight to either place for him!

The flip side is Ski and Catman have optained more publicity for the board! :wink:
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:20 pm

Just looked at his other XD items for sale:
Seal Mutt for 54.99 Buy it now-
(We all know 23.99 @ WM)

I really hope some poor sap doesn't buy this for that amount.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:32 pm

Well Said!!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:34 pm

oops, that should be well said to Razor17019

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:35 pm

This great American spent "three years in combat"????

Where did he do that? He claims to be a Gulf War vet. Three years in combat? Pleeeazze

Yeh, that's as true as this clown's brother is best buddies with the CEO of Wallyworld. We had better stop this clown bashing before this guys brother's buddy at Wallworld just gives 21C the boot?? :wink:

Then will we all be sorry. :oops:

Nice job Ski, you called this guy out and he's just "shotgunning" everything he can think of to let this clown slink back under whatever rock he came from.

TTT

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:38 pm

Just recieved this, maybe at start:

Thank you I am working with the D.A.V as I was told they were the ones to fight the fight I am only on my second refusal for 80% and they tell me next they will give it to me, thank you for you're support.