Who might get the new F-86?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Who might get the new F-86?

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:54 pm

With all the interest shown with the new MIG-15, I was wondering how many of you might get the new 21st Century F-86. I for one will get every version of this model. It looks really nice to me. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:09 pm

I will waiting for the Huff one to come out
Kurt

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Count Me In

Post by Charlemagne » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:29 pm

Definately, I want the Huff. I'm snaggin one first opportunity I get.

Dan

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:47 pm

I already have Admirals F-86, nice as it is it's now hanging at work while I'm waiting for Huff. Yeah I'm in on Huff.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:37 pm

The 21c F-86 really looks nice, but I'll have to wait (perhaps for a while) until I see one in person. I have the Admiral Toys F-86 and really like it. My new 21c Mig-15 is displayed next to it and although the 21c bird is more detailed in terms of moving control surfaces and the cockpit, the two surprisingly hold up well next to each other. Both have crisp paintjobs and the panel detailing is excellent. Yes, the 21c F-86 will have some neat features like the cockpit detail, correctly folding landing gear, deep intakes, and the gunbays, but the AT F-86 still offers some strong competition, IMHO, and I will not hurry after the 21c version like I did the Avenger and the Mig-15.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:38 pm

I'm definitely going to pick up The Huff. The other two paintjobs I will apply my logic of if I see it at WM I'll pick it up, but I am not going to order them online.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:53 pm

I want the S3 :D
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:15 pm

The Huff is my first choice and then Mig Mad Mavis.

I am a sucker when it comes to jets especially when it comes to the golden age of jet aircraft development, I think I will buy every variant the 21st puts out, and the next upcoming paint scheme that AT will be making for the F-86.
As for space I can make room. Bring on the Big jets!!!!!!!!!!

Is there going to be extra ground crew for the F-86as this picture shows?

Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Sentinel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sentinel » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:58 am

I might.

The F-86 is definitely one of the few modern planes (jets) that I’m ever likely to purchase. I’m still a solid fan of WWII prop-planes and they take up most of my space and toy money. But there’s just “something” about a Sabre Jet. I have the first AT version F-86 and am quite pleased. It also has something Pirate related and that made their first version a no-brainer for me.

Just like 21st Century’s Spitfire and S-6 Stuka, the AT F-86 retains my strongest admiration - and is doing it longer than most of the other 1/18 offerings I have.

Bottom line; the small differences in the 21st version aren’t likely to swing the deal for me on their own, but that combined with a real killer re-paint surely could.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:52 am

I, for sure, will be waiting on the Huff. I am a F-86 fan, and this is one of my favorite schemes. As for the others, I will have to wait and see, as a certain company soothsayer would put it.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:23 pm

Not I, at least off the bat. I have an unpainted F86 waiting for me for the holidays. Now, if they were to show up on clearance, I would pick them up for custom fodder.

Speaking of the unpainted F86. Noticed they are still available. Bummer. Was hoping they would sell well, so we would see more unpainted birds come out for customizings. oh well.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 pm

Morian Miner wrote:
Speaking of the unpainted F86. Noticed they are still available. Bummer. Was hoping they would sell well, so we would see more unpainted birds come out for customizings. oh well.
well hey, what differrence does it make? werent they selling them for regular f-86 price? why wouldnt you just buy a regular one then and re-paint it?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:01 am

catman wrote:
Morian Miner wrote:
well hey, what differrence does it make? werent they selling them for regular f-86 price? why wouldnt you just buy a regular one then and re-paint it?
Because it is usually a pain in the a__ to have to repaint the plane. For something like the Sabre that was usually all silver, you pick one up, add decals and your done. No masking windshields and such, no having to match paints, no having to sand off decals to prevent them from showing through.

digger

21C F-86

Post by digger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:42 pm

More shocking than the silver F-86 still being around is the Patricia still available almost everywhere. Things at play may be high price point, looming 21C version, rather bland paint scheme or all of the above but I thought for sure the 500 would go quick...

More on topic, (I have asked before) does anyone know if the three planned 21C schemes can be flown together (accurately)? It seems possible from the #s and the tails, but I have no idea for sure. Thanks!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:15 pm

I think the looming 21C is a major factor. As catman points out, why buy an undecorated when you can possibly find the 21C at retail cheaper.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:20 pm

I'll probably get the S-1 Sabre if I can find one. I don't have much interest in the other two schemes. I already have a Mig but the Chinese version is really tempting with its camoflage scheme. In the end I'll probably get it because I tend to impulse buy.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:20 pm

Morian Miner wrote:
catman wrote: well hey, what differrence does it make? werent they selling them for regular f-86 price? why wouldnt you just buy a regular one then and re-paint it?
Because it is usually a pain in the a__ to have to repaint the plane. For something like the Sabre that was usually all silver, you pick one up, add decals and your done. No masking windshields and such, no having to match paints, no having to sand off decals to prevent them from showing through.

oh well i was thinking youd have to paint it the white first anyway.
well STILL, if you wanted that silver base coat, just take the regular one, cover the 'glass' , and dump it in silver. or red. or whatever. then you have you base and just lay onn the decals and your done

*chem
****i shall from now on notify when i use a figure of speach****
:roll:
Last edited by catman on Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digger

?

Post by digger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:30 pm

"Dump it in"? :lol:
First I don't want to think of what a bucket of good acrylics would cost...and second I don't think you would get the smoothest base coat either. You'd probably also have to kiss goodbye all your panel lines, details and moving parts...you may not want to try that. :wink:

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:16 pm

21st has talked about some wild schemes for the F-86. I think this will be a great running model that will provide many choice over time. I like all 3 so far. The huff is a slam dunk. the Mig mad Mavis is a classic what you think of when you think Sabre. And I really like the red yellow and blue lines on the S2! How much you wanna bet S4 will be somehting outta left field!?

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:23 pm

TKO, do you think we might see some foreign paint schemes for the 21st Century F-86 in the future?
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Yep! At some point you have to dive into at least a couple foregin schemes to get something other than silver. 21st wouldn't do all silver schemes. Look at the F-104 family! Yeah I am telling you that my hunch in a foregin plane for S4 or S5.