Power Team availability?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Power Team availability?

Post by flayrah » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:39 pm

Other than the hit-or-miss of Big Lots, does anyone know of any sources for Power Team? (or Chap Mei, for that matter). There are a couple of on-line retailers who post to the board who have a limited selection, but PT makes a LOT of product, and all I've ever seen is a very small amount. I'll like to particularly find the FireFighter series, but have seen only photos. All this other stuff has to be somewhere.....any thoughts?

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

sort of

Post by digger » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Thanks to Ranger's keen eye I saw this:
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.a ... rchResults

Yes, I know it is not PTE but some of the dio stuff looks pretty good.
They also have:
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.a ... rchResults

And you can't beat this:
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/P ... stock/Y/D/

I also used to score Chap Mei at Rite Aid - I will see if they are stocking it for Xmas and report back.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:16 pm

From my experience so far Big Lots is THE place to be... I don't know anyone who hasn't found a massive cache of this stuff at one. Fortunately (I guess) they're abundant in my area too though. Big Lots are like fly crap around here...

There's tons of it at every one I've visited so far, though not much diversity (IE: I was hoping for some of the larger sets to surface, especially the base which I never got).

Keep BL on your list if you have it nearby, it maybe just hasn't gotten to you yet.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:00 pm

I havn't been able to find the Howitzer at Big Lots yet. Does anyone know how much they cost at BL? :?

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:34 pm

Those PTE Firemen sets were at a grocery store chain GIANT EAGLE in PA and Ohio a couple of Christmas' ago. Saw them for $9.99-big box with probably about 10 firemen and removable hats and some equipment...never saw them again! Dollar General had the single pack soldiers a while back for $1 each, and some horse, camel, police sets with parts of buildings for $5-but again-this was maybe a couple of years ago.
Big Lots is now carrying PTE 1:18, but sightings of the firemen. KB pretty much keeps carrying the same stuff as they always have-wish they'd update their website with the single packs, jeep, etc.
Now that Christmas is coming, hopefully Dollar General will start getting in new PTE-time to do some recons there!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:19 am

That boat set looks good - but it's listed as not available. :(

digger

pte

Post by digger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:47 pm

With no thread for area recon I had to dig this one out..
I was at KB today in NYC and saw PTE under a different name (Defense Force or whatever..). I was hoping to find the new small sets but they didn't have them. They did have the Howitzer though as part of a larger set. If someone really, really wants one I could head down there and get it for you. Otherwise it was Blackhawk (in green) and Buggy (which you might as well get from bbi for the same money and twice as nice).

Also, TRU has their "Elite Operations" on sale - buy 2 get the 3rd free. They had a bunch including the BH and black F-18.

On a related note TQ TRU was asking $7.99 for the individual GiJoes (up from 5.99 then 6.99). I was not interested but thought "the nerve.." :evil:
They also had a couple of the modern bbi paras for $8.99 - very tempting though I have a few already - and the DEVGRU guy for $5.49 which was decent considering they used to ask $5.99. There were also S2 WWII paras (green) and one Tom Hanks looking guy from WWII, same prices as above. BBI M4 & Old Crow at $44... :roll:

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:58 pm

Yeah, not been impressed with the TRUs jacking up prices. Saw the increase on individual Joes, as well as on the 6 packs and comic packs now ($25 and $13). Oh well, guess that how the new ownerships plans on running the place :roll:

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:49 pm

A brand new Big Lots just opened in my area this month, which is why I was able to find so much. It was freshly stocked. They had several of the large (12") sets, including the scout on Motorcycle and the Army life one with the large size bunks, In 1:18, there were tons of buggies, a few Humvees (including the Covered Back one and the Pickup variety, and quite a few of the smaller horse, camel, although, now mostly all they have is the horse and a few other small sets. There was also serveral Watch Tower sets left (which I think are very cool, I got 2). If anyone really needs any of this stuff, let me know.

Also, Digger, I REALLY, REALLY REALLY WOULD LIKE THE HOWITZER if it wouldn't be too much trouble. You helped me out with 1:144 Shermans before, and that worked out well. Please let me know if you can do that, I can paypal you like I did last time.

Thanks,

Dennis

digger

yo-k

Post by digger » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:06 pm

PM coming...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:24 pm

i think the howitzer is the best thing PTE has made. I've got two of them, one i made into a limbered Long Tom and the other into a deployed 203mm howitzer. Not a lot of work to improve this piece...some easy changes and it really looks nice.

I hope it sells well and this encourages them to make other such items.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:47 pm

I still see tons of PTE at my Big Lots stores... Anything from these little tent sets to Watch Towers to Little birds to Buggies to Humvees to figure 4-packs...

The bunks flew off the shelves though in a matter of a week or two. I also have seen less and less of specific figures, namely the Navy SEALS which are better figures overall.

Unfortunately no SWAT or firemen, no boats... No Howitzer, no playsets... I think the SWAT would fly out the door, I know I want lots of them myself for the parts. The playset is awesome too but just never shows up and that never-seen bridge playset is just a tease on the back of the packing for some of the stuff.

I gotta get some more bunks if I can find them, some more figure packs, and some more Towers. It adds up buying it in bulk but you get a lot ultimately despite the incurred costs.

The watch tower is one of the best values though out there. Easy to buy that up when I see it. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:16 am

I know I can't get enough of these sets! But out of the 5 Big Lots by me, only 2 have had the 3 soldier packs and I bought what they had as far as Desert Marines went. I think this is the set that had the web belts. I'm hoping the other 3 stores just haven't gotten around to putting them out yet.
I still need to get to 2 of the KB's left in our area, but both stores are about an hour or more away...looking for the howitzer for me and kevrut!
Not only do I LOVE the price on these sets, but the figures, while lacking much detail of XD, have the best ARTICULATION of 1:18 IMO! They are FUN to pose! I took one of my PTE tanks and put about 14 figures on it!! I've gotta get a digital camera so I can take some pics and show you all what fun these guys can be! Plus it only cost me about $26 for the tank and the figures and a ton of extras! If any of you just buy the PTE for the equipment, don't toss those figures!!! :D

JamesW
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JamesW » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:00 am

I haven't ordered anything from this site yet, but I've have my eye on it.

http://powerteamhq.com/index.php?osCsid ... 7313fb5fae

Cheers,
-James

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:48 am

Wouldn't recommend that site. Horrible customer services, and I know I'm not the only one.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:48 am

I've never seen any Power Team sets/figures up close, are they only good for the parts or are the vehicles and figures themselves decent?
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:36 pm

They're alright. Some of the stuff is better than others. I don't think the modern figures hold a candle next to bbi's or 21st's Modern troops, but they are good fillers. The vehicles are not quite as detailed as bbi or 21st, but fron a few feet away, you cant tell the difference on alot of them. I have 21'st, Bbi and PTE Hummers mixed in together
and they all fit in well with each other. Closer inspection will definately reveal which is which, but I especially like PTE because they make some variations that the others have not made yet. PTE makes the Hummer Coverback and the Pickup style which I don't believe has been made by Bbi or 21st. And for the price, they are (depending on where you got them) very inexpensive compared to even 21st at WM. ($10.00 - $12.00 for a Humvee compared to 21st at $22.00 at WM or 19.99 to 24.99 for Bbi at TRU). Some of their stuff is also just downright cool. I got several of the watchtowers for $8.00 at my local Big Lots, I threw the figs and weapons in with my moderns on my desk at work, but the towers went to my 21st vietnam guys. I mounted a 21st .50 cal on one and the other is going to have a searchlight. I also found that 21st's offering of the mutt jeep is very specialized, its either a SEAL tac jeep or a tow launcher (which wasn't used in VN until '72) PTE makes a plain jane Mutt that I was sorely in need of.
I got several of the horse and camel small sets for $2.50 each. I gave a german officer a horse, its fits in well with my WWII stuff. I am saving at least a camel or two for the upcoming
DAK guys or maybe British Special Forces in WWII. The PTE buggy is kinda fun. I havent found a place to put that in my dio's yet, but I had to have it for $8.00. This is just the 1:18th stuff, Their 1:6th stuff, I haven't bought any yet, so I can't comment on it, although it looks pretty cool and is a lot less $$$ than dragon or GI Joe. All in all, I would say that I am happy PTE is there and
It fills a need (especially since GI Joe no longer makes their 1:18th stuff, It's all that wierd Sigma 6 stuff now.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:07 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been in my local Best Buy in ages but I might take a trip come payday. I did a lot of scale modeling so once I get another airbrush I can paint vehicles or sets. The watchtower sounds really cool.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:08 pm

Err.. Big Lots not Best Buy. :lol: