New 1:18 Snake Stuka needed!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
jdowd1
Corporal
Corporal

New 1:18 Snake Stuka needed!!

Post by jdowd1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:41 pm

I see where 21st Century Toys is releasing a new 1:32 scale "Snake" Stuka in a more accurate paint scheme based on new recently discovered photographs. Now we need a new 1:18 "Snake" as well. The painted Snake is really off in color and lenght!! The 1:18 Stuka was really lacking in detail (like the rubber antennae) and was always more "toy-like" to me as well! JD

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:58 pm

You bet we do, it will be the only repaint I've bought if they bring it out (not counting the stuff at work, of course.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:19 pm

Nope, not unless it's a G with a pair of BK 3.7 37mm cannons underneath.
I Tan I Epi Tas

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:14 pm

Agreed!!! That also, Rudel would be my suggestion. I still have the Volkwanderlung medel I'd recieved over 30 years ago that commemerates him.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:17 pm

Oh, Rudel's mount would be a definate requirement.

Most highly decorated man in the Reich.
I Tan I Epi Tas

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:41 am

Nonetheless, this corrected scheme does need to be released in 1/18.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:18 pm

Don't forget that there were actually two Stukas in North Africa that carried a snake scheme so the one that 21st did the first time around may not be incorrect.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:34 am

For starters, there has been a fair amount of debate amongst modelers in regards to the fill color of the snake. Then you have to take into account that red is not an effective color for camouflage. Also there's the mention that the snake is too short. I'm very inclined to believe that the current 1/18 Snake is wrong. I still like the current Snake Stuka hanging from my ceiling. If they released the corrected scheme, that would give me an excuse to buy another North Africa applicable plane. It's not like there's a ton of those schemes running around, and this one would be accurate too. :D
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

jdowd1
Corporal
Corporal

Snake Stuka

Post by jdowd1 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:37 pm

There are really alot of subtle variations on the Stuka design over the course of the war and I would like to see one of the later versions with the tank buster cannon and wing bombs and the different variations on the back of the cockpit and I would like to see a more accurate and realistic anttenae design.JD

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:48 pm

Has anyone actually seen these newly discovered pictures?
Then you have to take into account that red is not an effective color for camouflage
Neither is yellow but that didn't stop the Germans from using it. You also have to remember that at the start of the North Africa campaing the Germans had total control of the skies and didn't have to worry too much about hiding their planes like they did later in the war.

jdowd1
Corporal
Corporal

Has anyone seen the pictures?

Post by jdowd1 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:02 am

I belive TKO has seen the recently discovered pictures of the differnt "Snake" paint schemes. I read about it in the fan section on 21st Century Toys web-site. JD

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:45 pm

What we really need is a retooled Stuka :wink:

Wait until you guys see the new 32x Stuka and you will realize the age of the current 1:18 Stuka mould. The flaps are a little off and the cockpit could use the seatback behind the pilot for starters. The pictures of the 32x planes on the 21c fan site are pretty accurate to the production examples of the model :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:01 am

Timbo wrote:Neither is yellow but that didn't stop the Germans from using it. You also have to remember that at the start of the North Africa campaing the Germans had total control of the skies and didn't have to worry too much about hiding their planes like they did later in the war.

Granted, but the Stuka has always been a flying pig. Even in the beginning, the Germans never enjoyed the same level of superiority in North Africa as they did in Europe. Consequently, I have yet to see any super colorful examples of German aircraft that operated in North Africa. Even the fighters weren't very flamboyant.
-W.C. Fields