BBi F-16 Viper/Falcon Official Thread

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: BBi F-16 Viper/Falcon Official Thread

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:18 am

iKnight wrote:Wow! I was searching for a F-16 thread or gallery and I found this. Must say it's been awhile since anyone contributed to this. I wanted to share my F-16 pictures and rather than starting another thread I thought I'd add on to this existing one.

Well here's my story, I use to have the original release F-16 and F-18 but I had to let them go when I moved house (to a smaller place). I kind of regret that decision, but as luck would have it I managed to snack one off ebay for a price I was willing to pay :-P

Feels a bit like an unboxing gallery, hopefully someone will find this useful if they are still on the fence in getting one.

Alright, I've been a little ccurious about this model, and I don'tknow Iif anyone has bbrought this up before, but how come they didn'tput the full art on this plane, there sshould be a black & white reaper on the right sside, holding a red cyth.
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

iKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iKnight » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:34 am

I'm not much of an expert on F-16s, I am guessing it was more of a manufacturing decision. Maybe they had reached the max number of tampo printings to stay within budget.
Last edited by iKnight on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

iKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iKnight » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:02 am

I tried to find a good comparison between the F-16 and F-18 to see how off the BBi versions are. This is the best I could find, not perfect as the angle is not leveled.

iKnight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by iKnight » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:15 am

It would be nice if BBi did other versions of the F-16 Falcons, like the F-16C/D Block 52.

And for the F-18 Hornet, do the Super Hornet. :-)

But that's wishful thinking on my part seeing how the golden era of 1/18 model planes is slowly slipping by. :-(

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 am

They don't care about us jet guys, they would rather release yet another version of the Huey, yawn, and they wonder why 1/18th scale is loosing interest.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.