POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:32 am

I have never used the Apoxy Sculpt, but I understand it is supposed to be great stuff. The people who modify the McFarlane sports figures swear by it.

Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:58 am

Pet section???, near the dog beds?.......Now you tell me. Just got back from my former all time great stocked Wally in Perth Amboy, NJ. Nothing 21C in the entire toy section but four Me-109's. Guess what, re-organizing for Christmas.

Drat and double drat. There goes another $5 toll to get back to Jorsey....What am I??? made of money? :oops: This search is getting expensive.

I keep saying, forget about the Avenger until Flight 19 or the Papa George version comes out......I keep saying that, but I keep looking for the Atlantic version.........my AWD keeps slipping in......this morning I went to NJ just to get gas and BLAM, I found myself in the Wally parking lot, fighting with a little old lady over a parking spot....."AWD :!: :x :x I shout at her" and she drives away. I used to be a nice guy before AWD :wink:

TTT
Last edited by Threetoughtrucks on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:03 am

Be careful, that AWD is mean stuff. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:53 am

Dont worry, TTT, it is "NJ" not "AWD" that affects you when you cross the border in the Island Nation of NJ. I have been here 20 years and it still affects me. The local WM by me, Newton, NJ, has a "shelf map" taped to a section and it shows Avengers to be stocked on top shelf and assorted 1:32 and 1:48 on another. No one around the toy section to ask about "when"...

TJ

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:55 pm

flpickupman wrote:
nathanita wrote:I know it's a sin to hang a $75 airplane from your ceiling
Well, if that's the case, you won't be sweating alone. lol
Hung mine up last week.

:shock:

Crikey! That's a lot of weight on just one hook! All of mine are on 2!! Yikes!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:19 pm

Does anyone know if the Avengers will to every Super Walmart? I am beginning to think I might not get them here. I saw plenty of other 21st Century items here, but no Avengers. What a bummer. :(
Paul Hebert

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:56 pm

I would like to think that Avengers are not going to some areas based on how well XD products have sold in the past. None of the 6 Wal Marts in my immediate area have yet recieved the Avengers despite other, more remote places in my state and elsewhere having gotten them. Traditionally, Xd products have not sold all that well in my area. They do move, but they go slowly. This may be on account of a rather high concentration of poverty in my area - poor people do not want to spent $40 for a model plane, let alone $76. Store managers do not want to put out something that will ultimately sit around.

Then again, however, when I found some Avengers at a location 100mi south in Bakersfield, it was at a Wal Mart equally as ghetto and trashed out as any in Fresno, so I guess there is really no easy answer other than the old gripe that Wal Mart's distribution is terrible :evil:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:00 pm

Sabrefan wrote:Does anyone know if the Avengers will to every Super Walmart? I am beginning to think I might not get them here. I saw plenty of other 21st Century items here, but no Avengers. What a bummer. :(
I doubt it! Of the five within reasonable distance of me only two have locations for the Avenger and one hasn't received them yet. The two in town don't have locations for the new 1/32 twin packs or the 1/48! As mentioned before if the sales at your local store were poor you probably won't see nay of the new stuff.

Ray

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Everybody always wonders why certain places get products and others don't. Most of the time in the past we've established distribution is for the most part random, no?
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:28 pm

Teamski wrote:
flpickupman wrote: Well, if that's the case, you won't be sweating alone. lol
Hung mine up last week.

-Ski
Yeah, this is a bit of an experiment. The only thing that saves me from stress is that I'm not all that fired up about the Atlantic scheme to begin with. It's held up fine thus far. There's plenty of flex in the monofilament, so it's nowhere near the breaking point, and the hook is buried about an inch into the ceiling. The most important part is that the plane is not over the bed. I'd rather the Avenger take the hit than my girlfriend or myself. 8)
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:34 pm

ya know I've been thinking about my local walmart and the xd they carry/ sell. I have only seen 2 other 1:18 airplanes other than the recent avenger, the fw 109's and me 109's, thats it , I've never seen an xd P51 in person, or a corsair etc... we do get the new figures and vehicles thank god (that is mainly what I collect)... so do xd planes sell in my area? I would think not, but who knows, all the Avengers sold fast (within a week or 2) where as FW 190's sat around for a year that I know of. I've been doing thorough recon of my wal mart for a year now so I know nothing has gotten past me, but before that? all I know is someone around here has bought some of the xd I left on the shelf...

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:38 pm

I would truly appreciate it if someone could answer one thing for me. How is the landing gear, altogether? From the pics I've seen so far, it looks to be sturdy, but this is one of the main factors in my purchases. It's been about 2-3 months since I've bought a plane, hoping to pick the Avenger up.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:27 pm

wise690 wrote:I would truly appreciate it if someone could answer one thing for me. How is the landing gear, altogether? From the pics I've seen so far, it looks to be sturdy, but this is one of the main factors in my purchases. It's been about 2-3 months since I've bought a plane, hoping to pick the Avenger up.
The gear is fine. It does a pretty good job of holding up the weight....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Big Duke 6
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Big Duke 6 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:44 pm

flpickupman wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski
Yeah, this is a bit of an experiment. The only thing that saves me from stress is that I'm not all that fired up about the Atlantic scheme to begin with. It's held up fine thus far. There's plenty of flex in the monofilament, so it's nowhere near the breaking point, and the hook is buried about an inch into the ceiling. The most important part is that the plane is not over the bed. I'd rather the Avenger take the hit than my girlfriend or myself. 8)
That's just FLPICKUPMAN's style.... He is always on the cutting edge ! :lol:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:47 pm

The gear are quite sturdy and they close into the wing tightly smoothly (at least on my plane.) The spring-loaded strut is also a nice feature that helps hold the gears in place. The tail wheel is also sturdy and locks into position. For the size of this plane, it is engineered quite well 8)

As for the above post regarding the hanging of the Avenger, it doesn't seem to weigh any more than the BBI F-18 or F-16, so a sturdy hook and fishing line should be more than sufficient!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

nathanita
Corporal
Corporal

Post by nathanita » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:15 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:As for the above post regarding the hanging of the Avenger, it doesn't seem to weigh any more than the BBI F-18 or F-16, so a sturdy hook and fishing line should be more than sufficient!
As a precaution, I positioned it below a metal air vent and secured the screws with washers:

After waiting this long, I'm not taking any chances....

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:21 pm

One thing I noticed is that all the Walmart here have lots of 32nd scale planes like the Zeros. I hope we get Avengers also. :(
Paul Hebert

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:43 pm

Avengers have shown up in the Broken Arrow South Walmart on 161st and Creek Turnpike.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:04 pm

Fairbanks is going through it's reset, according to the diagram and a helpful clerk they will be here tomorrow. I'd asked her how to get one early, she replied to get there early tomorrow since she'd had lotsa requests for it already.

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:03 am

Thanks Ski, tman. Nice pics nathanita.
General George S. Patton

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:56 pm

Wonder if we'll see the Avengers here in Austin. Possibly not because there are still stores with 4 or more FW 190's hanging around. I guess we'll see as Christmas gets closer.
Todd

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:19 pm

I tried another Walmart tonight. Lots of 32nd scale planes and two German F-104s. No Avengers in sight. Oh the AWD is killing me! :x
Paul Hebert

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:16 am

AVENGERS!!!! FINALLY! -geez :)

I just completed a recon sweep of my area and a finally saw an Avenger in the store.

I had mine a few days ago however, thanks to a helpful friend here on the boards! -thanks for the hook up bro- I got the plane just fine, Hope you got my check :)

Gotta say this has to be my new favorite 21st product!!!!

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:59 am

The Olympia, WA WM just got them in they got done with the mod change for the toy department and this is the most 21st stuff at the store ever.
Kurt

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:26 am

KWR190 wrote:The Olympia, WA WM just got them in they got done with the mod change for the toy department and this is the most 21st stuff at the store ever.
Kurt
I'm off to Olympia!!!!
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.