POST ALL A.T.'s ME-262 DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:11 pm

I totally agree--AT's Me-262 is simply beautiful. Mine hangs above my desk at work--it's the one plane that I can look up and enjoy without having to turn around in my chair. And it just happens to be oriented with the nose (and guns) pointed at head level for anyone coming through the door, something that more than a couple people have picked up on :twisted:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

thetatau87
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by thetatau87 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:01 pm

I just got my replacement Me-262 today. I'm really surprised how quick AT got it to me. I sent them an e-mail on Jan 5 and the new plane was on my doorstep on Jan 12!

The new plane is much better. I am surprised to see some of the differences between the two. The first plane had shell ejector chutes the same color as the cannons, but on the replacement plane the upper chute is a much lighter shade silver. Also, there is "2006 Admiral Toys Inc. Made in China" with a copyright mark printed on the bottom of the new plane.

I couldn't resist taking a few pics of the two planes together before I shipped the defective one back.

AT truely has exceptional customer service!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:12 pm

I also noted the AT logo printed on the bottom of my replacement ME-262. Everything else seemed to be pretty much the same, save that the nose wheel on my replacement plane is easier to extend and does not stick so much in its bay.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:14 am

Thetatau87

Nice blue floor, sorry cold not resist :wink:
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:15 am

Spudkopf wrote:Thetatau87

blue floor.....that is the sky backdrop!

thetatau87
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by thetatau87 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:02 pm

Spudkopf wrote:Thetatau87

Yes that's the U-coat It epoxy floor in my garage. Makes a decent sky back drop. My dad suggested that I paint an aircraft carrier on the floor, but the garage is only 33 feet wide so I don't think a 1:18 scale flat top would fit. :roll: Maybe I should just paint some clouds?

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Above and Beyond

Post by Spudkopf » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:18 pm

G’day to All

I would like bring to the attention of everyone here the exceptional level of customer service that I have received from AT.

To address my Me262 QC concerns, AT took upon themselves to replace my entire aircraft and to pay all postage, which is no mean feet considering that I am located in Australia.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by AT's level of commitment to their customers with this product, I did not expect nor did I ask for a full replacement item and I am extremely grateful to all concerned.

Thank you again to AT, to Jason and especially to Trey of the Customer Service Department for the quick and friendly manner in which my QC issue was handled.

May I also add that AT now have a permanent future customer and I urge all that may have been reluctant to purchase an AT product, to do so as their excellent reputation amongst the collectors on this board is well deserved.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Dubar1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Dubar1 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:43 pm

I have a few spots on my 262 that need a slight touch up. The only post i could find that mentioned the paint specs was this by Jason:
I have noticed the question regarding the paint codes for the brown coloration on the ME 262. The true ME 262 used a color called RLM 81 Braunviolett, which is FS 30099/30118. However, that being said, our model is painted with Pantone Black 5 U. Pantone is the leading paint system in the world and extensively used by the finest artist to obtain the cleanest and clearest paint colorations for printing and other paint applications. We matched the RLM 81 to the Black 5 U for this model. All of our models have been painted using Pantone paint combinations. You don’t just buy Black 5 U on the market. It is blended using a measured amount of “true black,” red, white and various other colors which I have already forgotten, the paint was finalized several months ago. Sorry if this is absolutely no help to any of you. Just wanted to clear up the actual color we used for this model.
Can someone give me an idea of what paints to get that would be available at a hobby shop such as Hobbytown USA for all the colors?

Every time I walk into my hobby room the first thing I see is the 262. that shark-like fuselage sure grabs your attention :D

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Above and Beyond

Post by Teamski » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:02 am

Spudkopf wrote:G’day to All

I would like bring to the attention of everyone here the exceptional level of customer service that I have received from AT.

To address my Me262 QC concerns, AT took upon themselves to replace my entire aircraft and to pay all postage, which is no mean feet considering that I am located in Australia.

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by AT's level of commitment to their customers with this product, I did not expect nor did I ask for a full replacement item and I am extremely grateful to all concerned.

Thank you again to AT, to Jason and especially to Trey of the Customer Service Department for the quick and friendly manner in which my QC issue was handled.

May I also add that AT now have a permanent future customer and I urge all that may have been reluctant to purchase an AT product, to do so as their excellent reputation amongst the collectors on this board is well deserved.
Par for the course. AT is a class act. ;)

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:21 am

I need to chime in on this subject as well. I just received my replacement 262 yesterday. My original bird had been placed in the box before it had completely dried causing some of the white 8 and other markings to smear. Apparently it was also missing the little screw plugs in the bottom of the wing and landing gear doors. I didn’t realize this till I got the replacement. Customer service certainly is A1. I hope I never need to go down this road again in the future but if I do, I feel confident the folks at Admiral Toys will take good care of me. Image

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:48 pm

I'm still waiting on my replacement I sent a second email last week asking for an update that has so far gone unanswered. Hopefully it will just show up this week.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:40 pm

I got 2 262 's from Bad Cat. One was cherry the other one had some tiny Chinese finger prints on the bottom of the fusesalage. (spelling?) What do you guys think of a 262 Mistel combo? Hummm
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:41 pm

I got 2 262 's from Bad Cat. One was cherry the other one had some tiny Chinese finger prints on the bottom of the fusesalage. (spelling?) What do you guys think of a 262 Mistel combo? Hummm
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:27 pm

My Admiral 262 was missing a total of 8 screw covers from under the wing.

I just checked my mailbox and...
There were my missing screw cap covers. They are painted the correct color too.

I just wanted to give Admiral some Kudos for the first class customer support.

:D
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:58 pm

I just received my replacement parts the front wind screen, canopy, and the antennae,
Thank you,
Jason
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:05 pm

I finally got my replacement 262 about two weeks ago, but no return shipping label. I've sent 3 emails now and haven't gotten a reply. Did those of you who got replacement planes get a shipping label separate or was it in the box?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:05 pm

My return shipping label was attached in a plastic "pouch" of sorts on the outside flap of the box. When I recieved my replacement plane, I at first overlooked the pouch, e-mailed AT that they didn't include the return label, only to then find it :oops:

That happened with my dad once with a not-very-cheap G scale steam engine. The first was damaged and the company sent him a replacement, but with no shipping label. They never got back to him, so he wound up with a second engine! Should you not find your label, or if AT doesn't get back to you and send one, then you may just get a free ME-262 :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

thetatau87
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by thetatau87 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Timbo wrote:I finally got my replacement 262 about two weeks ago, but no return shipping label. I've sent 3 emails now and haven't gotten a reply. Did those of you who got replacement planes get a shipping label separate or was it in the box?
My return label was loose in the shipping box.

Timbo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Timbo » Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:05 pm

I've looked everywhere and it just isn't there.

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sarge » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:35 pm

JohnLumley wrote:My Admiral 262 was missing a total of 8 screw covers from under the wing.

I just checked my mailbox and...
There were my missing screw cap covers. They are painted the correct color too.

I just wanted to give Admiral some Kudos for the first class customer support.

:D
I had some screw caps ordered ever since I received the plane.(one of the first ones) was told they were on the way. To date no screw caps,no answer from AT. I see that there are screw caps being distributed Wonder what mode of delivery mine is in? Any body else out there waiting? Sarge

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:09 pm

Sarge,

You might want to move your question over in the Direct From the Source section, if you haven't already, under the Admiral Toys thread. It will be seen alot quicker there.

I'm sure Admiral Toys isn't ignoring you and will take care of your problem..... :wink: :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:10 pm

sarge they should come I was missing one of the guns and had the wrong screw caps I got the new ones last week still waiting on the antenna for the bottem. With the toy fair it might take a little longer

Kurt