POST ALL A.T.'s ME-262 DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:41 pm

quote from the seller's auction:

"The manufacture has indicated that this production shipment of ME-262 may be the only and last one for this year with no indication of when, if any, other shipment will arrive!!! "

Hmm.....now, that's not exactly what Jason said is it..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:04 pm

aferguson wrote:quote from the seller's auction:

"The manufacture has indicated that this production shipment of ME-262 may be the only and last one for this year with no indication of when, if any, other shipment will arrive!!! "

Hmm.....now, that's not exactly what Jason said is it..
aferguson I think its time to educate the man.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:46 pm

GOT my ME-262!!! On Weds. afternoon AT was kind enough to allow me to pick up the ME-262 from the warehouse directly! The entire staff at AT are top notched matching the quality service and commitment to an outstanding product. Since I was leaving town for the holidays, I was only able to open my box and my first reaction is, home-run! The detail and craftmanship on this aircraft is superior to any German aircraft I have! I will post photos and be able to give a more extensive review once I return on Monday. For those of you that have one on the way, wait until you see this one!
For those of you that are waiting to order, dont!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:08 pm

warhawker wrote:GOT my ME-262!!! On Weds. afternoon AT was kind enough to allow me to pick up the ME-262 from the warehouse directly! The entire staff at AT are top notched matching the quality service and commitment to an outstanding product. Since I was leaving town for the holidays, I was only able to open my box and my first reaction is, home-run! The detail and craftmanship on this aircraft is superior to any German aircraft I have! I will post photos and be able to give a more extensive review once I return on Monday. For those of you that have one on the way, wait until you see this one!
For those of you that are waiting to order, dont!
You lucky dog!!!!!!!!!

I haven’t received my shipping notification yet.
I have my fingers crossed that I will get it by the end of this day.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:29 pm

Great to hear the ME-262 is first-rate :D It looked to be so from the pictures, but its nice to get a first-hand apprasial! I'm content in the fact that my plane has shipped and is due to arrive sometime next week. Can't wait!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:46 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Great to hear the ME-262 is first-rate :D It looked to be so from the pictures, but its nice to get a first-hand apprasial! I'm content in the fact that my plane has shipped and is due to arrive sometime next week. Can't wait!
did you get it from BCA???

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:22 pm

... :D
Last edited by VMF115 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:06 pm

VMF115 wrote:did you get it from BCA???
Yep! I switched my Avenger preorder to the ME-262 a few months back (afterall, the "Flight 19" Avengers still haven't come in yet). When the AT warehouse reported getting the new planes in, I was sent a UPS shipping tag from BCA, and it now shows the ME-262 is in transit :D

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:25 pm

cant wait :D
Last edited by VMF115 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:16 am

If UPS is right, I should have mine on the 29th 8)
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:46 pm

It came today; I was worried since I did not receive a shipping notification, Oh well I guess that AT was busy shipping them out, it’s all good :D

Now I don’t know where to begin, so I will start with the package itself; it is a big improvement and it only takes a few minutes to take out and assemble. The box art is nicely done and is a work of art in it self. The best part is you can put it up for safety

Now I have to say it is the best 1:18 aircraft out to date.

The landing gear is highly detailed; the front landing gear strut is fragile so take care when deploying it, other then that it works well, I give it an A+

The gundoors close flush and the guns are nicely detailed the struts to hold up the gun doors are a nice touch. A+

The cockpit just looks great. A+

The antenna is a nice touch and gives the me-262 a touch of realism. A+

The engine shows the detail in the intakes and the exhaust. A+

The paint finish is top notch and right on the money A++++++++

The pilot is a definite improvement for AT A+

The flaps, leading edges, horizontal and vertical stabilizers work and have a nice range of movement. So please be careful adjusting the leading edges they are not as robust as the F-86’s. A++++++

I had shown it to 10 of my American legion buddies and all said they would buy it!
Also one of their wives said it looks pretty :lol:

I am sorry I don’t have any pics my digital camera took a nosedive off my desk and shattered the lens. I will have to say the pics on AT website are right on.

As a caution note the front landing gear and the front leading edges needs to be handled with care.
I am just amazed with the historical accuracy.

Over all I would have to say this is the best 1:18 aircraft to date!

Thanks Jason It was worth the wait!!!!! :D :D
Last edited by VMF115 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:50 pm

the front landing gear strut is fragile so take care when deploying it, other then that it works well, I give it an A+

Even more historical accuracy!!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:55 pm

chunks wrote:the front landing gear strut is fragile so take care when deploying it, other then that it works well, I give it an A+

Even more historical accuracy!!

Not to mention the overall build quality is rugged with detailed panel lines
Did you get yours too!

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:12 pm

Not yet. Mines will be shipped directly from BatCat once they get it.

Eagerly awaiting it.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:14 pm

chunks wrote:Not yet. Mines will be shipped directly from BatCat once they get it.

Eagerly awaiting it.

Oh... you will love it!!!!!!!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:25 pm

One thing I forgot to mention is the landing gear locks in to position when lowered And the tire tread is also detailed.
Last edited by VMF115 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:38 pm

here is a shot of the real gunbays

Check out this website for a lot of info about the Me-262

http://www.stormbirds.net/

Last edited by VMF115 on Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:57 pm

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Me-262 has shippedddddd

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:43 pm

der Vogelfänger wrote:
der Vogelfänger wrote:Just got my shipping notice regarding the Me-262: it has shipped from BadCat today, Monday 20Nov06 @ 1848 EST. It might make it to Florida by Thanksgiving, BUT I'm not holding my breath. Will be very welcomed :D :D :D :D :!: :!: :!: :!:

dV
Just received an update on ETA....my '262 is scheduled for delivery on Monday, 27Nov06. At least I don't have to wonder about timing, now.

Happy Thanksgiving to all,

dV
Now for the latest setback: UPS tracking said, today 26Nov06, that my package (MY Me 262, heck it's not a "package"...it is MY '262!!!) has to be rescheduled for 29Nov06, instead of 27Nov06 as originally "projected".... :evil:

The only thing I can say, and to quote General Halftrack from Beetle Bailey, "Now What?!"

Just an FYI for all of my fellow-forum-purchasers awaiting this (package) to arrive,

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:12 pm

I've got a similar confusing story - The UPS Tracking from the link on my BCA shipping notification message says a scheduled delivery by Nov 28, and shows package progress from Texas all the way to California. UPS doesn't ship on the weekends, so the package waiting in So Cal is to be expected...

However, the Quantam View UPS shipping notification message shows my package as arriving Nov 30, but only shows the package progress to Mesquite Tx. I think the link on the BCA message is more accurate :roll:

Either way, I know my plane is on its way, and I've got a ton of work to finish within the next 3-4 days, and don't want to be distracted by the arrival of a long awaited toy plane :wink:

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Me-262 INBOUND(?)

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:47 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I've got a similar confusing story - The UPS Tracking from the link on my BCA shipping notification message says a scheduled delivery by Nov 28, and shows package progress from Texas all the way to California. UPS doesn't ship on the weekends, so the package waiting in So Cal is to be expected...

However, the Quantam View UPS shipping notification message shows my package as arriving Nov 30, but only shows the package progress to Mesquite Tx. I think the link on the BCA message is more accurate :roll:

Either way, I know my plane is on its way, and I've got a ton of work to finish within the next 3-4 days, and don't want to be distracted by the arrival of a long awaited toy plane :wink:
TMTG,

Gee, kind of hope that our '262's are really on the way! Remember, even though you have lots of work to do, do not fall the the serving platter which contains a Meat Loaf: it is really left over Turkey. At least it is not camouflaged in whole wheat bread with mayo and lettuce (and mustard, thank you)! 8)

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Danke Jungs!!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:29 pm

Guys you should be lucky you got a shipping notification, I did not get one and was left in limbo, well not for long at least mine came unexpected yesterday.

Good luck I hope yours comes on monday,

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:31 pm

VMF115, I am happy that you received your model, and that you are pleased with the product. We are very proud of the ME 262, and are excited with the direction our detail and craftsmanship is headed.

As for your angst about not receiving a shipping notification: When models are sent by USPS a shipping notification is not automatically generated. Only with FedEx and UPS will a shipping notification be automatically sent to our customers the moment your label is printed. The notification is sent through the UPS and FedEx network. Their system allows us to choose an option to send a notification. USPS does ont have this option and therefore all notifications must be hand entered and a personal email must be sent to the customer. On Tuesday and Wednesday we received hundreds of enquiries about the ME 262 and the status of shipments. We were all very busy this past week and therefore did not have time to notify individuals who requested USPS of their individual shipments. This post is not only directed at you; we have had several people ask why shipping notifications are not sent with USPS orders. Our labor was direct towards getting everything out the door, not sending USPS notifications. In fact an employee of Admiral Toys personally drove to the post office to drop off the USPS orders before they closed for the Holiday. You almost did not receive your model until later this week. However if you request UPS you should always receive a shipping notification. I hope this helps to explain, to all, the shipping notification question.

Regards,
Jason

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:07 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:VMF115, I am happy that you received your model, and that you are pleased with the product. We are very proud of the ME 262, and are excited with the direction our detail and craftsmanship is headed.

As for your angst about not receiving a shipping notification: When models are sent by USPS a shipping notification is not automatically generated. Only with FedEx and UPS will a shipping notification be automatically sent to our customers the moment your label is printed. The notification is sent through the UPS and FedEx network. Their system allows us to choose an option to send a notification. USPS does ont have this option and therefore all notifications must be hand entered and a personal email must be sent to the customer. On Tuesday and Wednesday we received hundreds of enquiries about the ME 262 and the status of shipments. We were all very busy this past week and therefore did not have time to notify individuals who requested USPS of their individual shipments. This post is not only directed at you; we have had several people ask why shipping notifications are not sent with USPS orders. Our labor was direct towards getting everything out the door, not sending USPS notifications. In fact an employee of Admiral Toys personally drove to the post office to drop off the USPS orders before they closed for the Holiday. You almost did not receive your model until later this week. However if you request UPS you should always receive a shipping notification. I hope this helps to explain, to all, the shipping notification question.

Regards,
Jason

Thank you Jason! And tell the employee that drove our packages to the post office Thank You we appreciate, I appreciate every thing you and your company does! As for the shipping notification that’s understandable, in fact I was preparing my self for a next week delivery, this was a sweet surprise my only wish that more could have received theirs this weekend.

One thing I noticed is that you could a lot run for your money on this bird, you could add more detail down the road once the original cost has been made. You could add removable 2× Junkers Jumo 004B-1 turbojets with removable access panels, with out any major retooling other then the engines nacelles along with a metal landing gear.
I have seen what you guys can do with your 1:72 scale armor and this would be a walk in the park for you guys, just an idea

It almost looks like you left the door open for that down the road

But you must pat your self on the back on getting this bird out before Christmas, not easy feat to do. I can bet you guys are going to go far in this hobby. :D

Every one that wants one better placed an order soon this is no time to set on the fence.
The AT me-262 is top notch!!!!!!!!!!!!

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:05 am

VMF115 wrote:Guys you should be lucky you got a shipping notification, I did not get one and was left in limbo, well not for long at least mine came unexpected yesterday.

Good luck I hope yours comes on monday,
Congrats.....and thanks for the good report in your posts, especially the great words for Jason and all the folks at Admiral Toys!!!!!!Thanks AT :D

dV

As for Monday, ich warte gern auf!!! (I'll gladly wait!!!)
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Danke Jungs!!