POST ALL AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:21 am

I know what you mean
i try to hit 4 or 5 walmarts every weekend, they never get the same stuff in at any of them.
wife loves it thou :wink:

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:59 am

Yeah, you know you have collector rock bottom when you walk into a WM and auto pilot takes you right to the toys section.

Or even better, when you look forward to summer because the garden section entrance is open and it is a shorter walk to the toys!

Must have planes!.....

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:27 am

tko211 wrote:Or even better, when you look forward to summer because the garden section entrance is open and it is a shorter walk to the toys!
Huh? Image

My garden section is open all year round.

:wink:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:22 pm

are garden center just closed last weekend also.
we don't have a super store yet :roll:

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:40 pm

Well my service tech job requires me to visit accounts in 4 counties to fix their machines so in between calls I hit the WM's.

Its funny the only WM that is 30 miles north (out of my way) of my service territory HAD the M-48 re issue.

DH

What's real funny is if you are shopping with your 73yo Mom and she looks at you funny when you take off to the toy section.

Note don't go shopping with your Mom, she makes a 20 minute in out visit last an hour.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:44 pm

well we are going to try out my most costly toy this weekend,so i may get to some Wally worlds in 2 states this weekend :roll:

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

We need to get over it!

Post by jhogan » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:43 pm

We need to get over the Avenger and shift our efforts to what is coming next. According to AT's website, we should be seeing the Me262 very soon. Now that will be cool.

me122172
Corporal
Corporal

Post by me122172 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:40 am

I do not think any of us have stopped to think about the detriment BCA must have gone through with the Avenger. They have stated that they are willing to return the money spent on pre-orders. If you think about it, the pre-orders have been up for quiet awhile, I know I took advantage of it. I would imagine that the money earned from those pre-orders has already been spent on new inventory and other overhead costs. Therefore this money has got to come out of the upper ups pockets. Then you have to imagine the amount of profits lost in this transaction. I do not know BCA’s orders or the numbers they sell, but we have all agreed that they are the biggest dog on the block when it comes to 1:18 scale. I myself have ordered every 21st Century and BBI product they have carried in 1:18. Therefore losing their “exclusive” product to Wally World has got to be damaging to their cash flow. If I were BCA I would be pissed.

I might be old fashioned but if you have an agreement, you must keep to the agreement. Obviously BCA thought they would receive their exclusive in short time, they would not have preordered it out if they had any reason to believe otherwise. I think it is a situation where 21st fell behind on their numbers of aircraft obligated to Wally and had to shift their order, including BCA’s exclusive, over to Wally. This is not the way to run a business if 21st is listening.

Digger and others have bashed BCA’s handling of the situation. I advise you to put yourself in their shoes. They are a small company trying to make a living. They seem to care about what we want and provide a great assortment of product to the military collector. Go to Wally World and by a 190 from years past or a Tickle Me Elmo, but I guarantee that Wally does not give a flying… about our hobby or its people, BCA seems to, and I will place my allegiance with the little guy looking our for us.

Look at history and you will see that Wally is fickle about their products. 21st will not be in Wally World forever, Wally changes their lines every couple of years. 21st will need the BCAs and others to sell their products. For 21st to turn their back on the non-mass-retailer is ludicrous.

I am obviously pissed about the Avenger, I have wanted one in my hands since the day it was announced. But now I am indifferent. Will I buy one… maybe? But buying one from WM is encouraging this kind of business tactics from 21st. I am on the side of the little guy. Lets give the small guy a chance, not publicly traded corps that could care less about this hobby.

My 2 cents,
Frank

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

21C

Post by digger » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:44 am

There would be no XD without WM. None.
Not saying WM is "good" or BCA "bad" just that 20 BCA could not float the line, and WM can...all by itself. If you like the existence of XD you should buy every plane you can at WM. Sorry, it's true.

Oh, and not a tear shed here for money lost on a pre-order they should have never put up in the first place. :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:16 am

without knowing either side of the story, which none of us do, it is difficult to make informed or insightful comments on this subject. Some people seem to be imagining the worst. Both BCT and WM are very good for this hobby and in time i'm sure this situation with the Avenger, whatever it may be, will be all sorted out and forgotten.

I have a hunch that many of us will have at least one Avenger in their hot little hands before the kids go back to school..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:14 am

I had originally prepaid for my Avenger through Paypal and this morning, I recieved a refund for the Avenger I preordered through BCA. I ordered one through another company, but I have not heard anything yet. It is too bad the situation appears so dim, that BCA would return my money. As far as I was concerned, it was earmarked and spent for the plane, no matter when it would arrive. It must be hard dealing with overseas production facilities.

TJ

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:01 pm

I preordered mine truogh toysnwords.com. Hopefully they make due on their preorder.

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:39 pm

I hope we actually see this plane out by the end of the year.I was reading earlier posts on the forum and noticed that the avenger was the second topic on here when the forum started and here it is 2 years later and still no plane.I hope 21st gets what ever problems resolved soon.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:28 am

Received an e-mail from BCA saying the Lost Squadron Avenger has been shipped to me.

Ray

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:03 am

rmoore456 wrote:Received an e-mail from BCA saying the Lost Squadron Avenger has been shipped to me.

Ray
Really? I have 2 on preorder as well, no email yet, maybe I wasn't on the first list.

Dave

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:19 am

shipped? Now this is an interesting development...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

LS

Post by digger » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:07 am

rmoore456 wrote:Received an e-mail from BCA saying the Lost Squadron Avenger has been shipped to me.

Ray
Do you think that is some sort of sick joke (ie when it doesn't arrive they could say it was Lost over the Bermuda Triangle)? Or maybe they got their hands on some...tko did say "any day now" :shock:
Whoever does get one first HAS to post pics and reviews - we will all chip in for your digital camera. :wink:

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:50 am

Yes, a very interesting development..... Please keep us posted!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Sgt. Fury
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sgt. Fury » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:53 am

Is that rumor or rmoore? :roll:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:42 pm

Perhaps it was a wrong click on a button. That can happen quite easily... You may want to give them a call, rmoore. There is no mention on the site of anything having to do with Avengers arriving, and this is one item I think BCA would put up a fanfare about.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:54 pm

maybe they meant to say refund was coming

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:04 pm

I got an email from them yesterday. I asked to have my pre order switched over to the ME 262. I enquired about the Avenger and they said they had no idea when they would be getting it. It looked as if the first wave was not coming their way. That was yesterday. I must say I was disappointed. I really would have rather bought it from them than have to hope one shows up locally.

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Me262

Post by jhogan » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:12 pm

I called BCA yesterday to convert my Avenger order to the Me262. The gentleman I talked to was very nice and told me there were some Avengers built and shipped, but not to BCA. He did not offer who the customer was, but it will be interesting to see who will get them. Any bets the price will go up before we see them!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:19 pm

I hope that is true... I had a bet with someone here that we would see them before Aug. 1st. I only have 3 more weeks... :?