POST ALL AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat May 13, 2006 8:53 am

Toysnswords site says pre-order "Out of stock" for both versions they list. Does that mean, they are out of stock on those Avengers they have pre-ordered?

Wow.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

digger

once again..

Post by digger » Sun May 14, 2006 8:02 pm

UPDATE 5/15/06: ...It is our understanding this aircraft has nearly completed production but packaging and the logistics of delivery make a June arrival more likely.
:?

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sun May 14, 2006 9:24 pm

:? So what's new??????????????
Maybe we are expecting too much to see the Avenger this year?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun May 14, 2006 9:34 pm

Same old Avenger story, now isn't it :?

I guess we shouldn't be surprised, given this is what we're used to regarding the 21c Avenger.

Either way, 21c had really better pull off a good one on this relase - and I mean no shoddy paintjobs, workmanship or packing. I want our long wait to be seriously worth it... and I still think it will be :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon May 15, 2006 9:40 am

Hec, it's only been three years, whats three more months. :roll:

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:05 am

We should make a contest out of this long wait. The one who hits the target date of release or comes the closest to it will get a free plane! :D :D

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon May 15, 2006 3:10 pm

Oh Bloody Hell, BadCat has delayed their date for the Avengers :evil: :cry:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon May 15, 2006 3:50 pm

That is why I am less than enthusatic with 21C promoting the Mig 15 and the F-86 or any other new item.

When the container ship clears customs and starts unloading to the walmart trucks, THEN I want to know about it. Not 2+ years in advance.

DH

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon May 15, 2006 10:37 pm

:roll:
It's a wonder how BadCat comes up with info on 21st delays and no one else does? Who's Who in this situation? It's like competing news channels saying "You heard it here first."
Maybe we will see the Avenger and maybe we won't? Again, who out there really knows?

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue May 16, 2006 4:29 am

They have to deliver, as look at the money that these online stores have tied up in preorders.

They (online stores) do not want to refund that back. That would be a huge loss of income.

I would imagine delays are for product testing, and re working weak areas and parts, ie wings and landing gear.

So just like the real plane, need to beef up the gear. Build it for a ten year old, and it will last forever in the hands of a collector.

DH

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue May 16, 2006 6:08 am

Most of the etailers will not charge your credit cards until they get the product, or at least until they have firm info in their sweaty little hands.

You are right, nobody wants to stand with egg on their face, giving back money.......money already invested into new products or their new boat or the wifey's new car. :oops:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Tue May 16, 2006 6:37 am

No suprise to hear the latest on the Avenger, as if we expected anything less? :o Good thing theres always 32nd and 72nd scale diecast to keep me busy in the meantime :lol:

digger

TBM

Post by digger » Tue May 16, 2006 6:59 am

luftpanzer wrote:All you guys that are preordering from the online retailers that have the due dates posted, dont hold your breath. I just got off the phone with my inside sells rep at 21stC. And he told me that July is a more realistic date then May or June. I dont know about WM they also get the stuff months before the rest of us retailers do. Any how when I get my hard copy preorder form from 21stC thats when I post the preorders on my site.
Well, Luftpanzer was right. I guess BCA got ahead of themselves in an attempt to line up as many pre-orders as possible. No surprise really - they did not have it up for pre-order until other sights started selling pre-orders. They do often get stuff first though, although typically nobody beats WM..

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 16, 2006 10:24 am

I have this strange itch that we might see these planes appear at Wal Mart before they reach the small retailers (and of course, only the stores in Georgia and the deep south :wink: )

Boardmember Kamikaze's WM manager's report adds to my suspicion as does the strange world of product distribution, where WM has gotten products that small retailers have never recieved and vice versa. Again, its just a hunch and events could go either way :roll:

digger

Post by digger » Tue May 16, 2006 10:37 am

tmanthegreat wrote: Boardmember Kamikaze's WM manager's report adds to my suspicion as does the strange world of product distribution, where WM has gotten products that small retailers have never recieved and vice versa. Again, its just a hunch and events could go either way :roll:
Assuming that manager was not full of it - which I suspect he was - how is this for a theory:
The 1-2 planes occassionally spotted long before the rest are indeed the production samples sent to Wally airmail ahead of time (BCA says samples have arrived) and after a cursory glance (or measurement) Wally throws them on the floor of a local store...a penny saved is a penny earned...just a thought.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Tue May 16, 2006 11:01 am

sounds likely. :D
but i want my Avengers before i'm to old to enjoy them :wink:

Helo Driver
Corporal
Corporal

Avengers....

Post by Helo Driver » Tue May 16, 2006 3:49 pm

We all need to be patient and realize that the development and production of anything takes times and can get delayed. 21stCentury Toys does a pretty good job of telling fans what lies ahead. I have a friend who works for another collectible producer, and he told me they don't like to tell fans what is being developed because they (the fans) start to get angry when it doesn't come out soon enough (sound familiar).

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue May 16, 2006 4:26 pm

i suspect the WM manager was thinking of the Bunker Hill Corsair, not the Avenger. Both are planes, blue, with folding wings, by 21c toys.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue May 16, 2006 5:57 pm

I am happy to report that the Wallyworld toy mgr. that said he saw an Avenger is dead. I killed him! 8) Just kidding. I did however show him the difference between an Avenger and a Corsair. He still insists he saw a plane that had 3 crew members. I told him to call me the minute he sees one (hands shaking now).
Gotta get a grip man!

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Wed May 17, 2006 6:34 pm

It seems to me that as these things get larger and larger, the whole idea of having foldable wings becomes a technological and reliability issue that isn't easily tested until you build a few and hand them to real live people to play with. With a wingspan slightly larger than anything anyone has thus far produced, putting a hinge in it akin to the Corsair's is vulnerable, at best.

Those of us who collect for static display may be to prone to forget the segment of the market who really thinks these things are toys that might be handled, God forbid even played with :roll: by children.

The space required for a lot of these big things makes the folding wings attractive, but if they don't survive repeated operations, the product is going to be destined for the display-only market after the first go-round. Handling complaints about broken hinges doesn't sound like any fun at all.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed May 17, 2006 10:15 pm

21c has supposedly attempted to correct the wing folding problem with the Avenger so that not only does the wing fold in an accurate manner, but it does not sag and remains sturdy. (I am curious to see just how this will work...) Nonetheless, I agree with your logic that a wing-folding mechanism must be durable.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu May 18, 2006 7:33 am

tmanthegreat wrote:21c has supposedly attempted to correct the wing folding problem with the Avenger so that not only does the wing fold in an accurate manner, but it does not sag and remains sturdy. (I am curious to see just how this will work...) Nonetheless, I agree with your logic that a wing-folding mechanism must be durable.
If it isn't, would it REALLY keep you from buying one???? :shock:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu May 18, 2006 7:49 am

hworth18 wrote:If it isn't, would it REALLY keep you from buying one???? :shock:

Nope! :D

It would, however, keep me from buying more. :?
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu May 18, 2006 8:28 am

but it would cause alot of people to return them (not us....people).

:)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 18, 2006 10:31 am

hworth18 wrote:If it isn't, would it REALLY keep you from buying one???? :shock:
Nope. I've waited too long, and I don't fold the wings all that repeatedly on any of my corsiars to risk breaking the mechanism.