Airplane Model Display Stands

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by donnieboy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:57 pm

I posted this query in the 1:32 & Smaller section of this Forum, but got little response. Do any of you august gents (or ladies) know of any outfit that makes plastic or metal model airplane display stands for either 1:18 or smaller scales?
I'm thinking of a pylon-type stand with a cradle on top, kind of like Corgi's 1:32 plane stands. Class? Class? Anyone?
Anyone? :?:
Go Starbuck!

airforcecop67
Corporal
Corporal

Post by airforcecop67 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:42 am

Build your own. The website for the company that made the stand above is no longer available, but the concept is simple. Using a small block of wood, drill holes for 3-4 clear acrylic dowels. Altering the lengths of the dowels will give the bird some attitude, ie, nose down, nose up, right or left bank, etc. You'll need to play a bit first. Round or polish the tips, or attach some felt, and Voila, your done.
"When the enemy is in range, so are you!!"

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:13 am

There are some on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/21st-Century-Displa ... dZViewItem

Making your own would be a valid and likely cheaper option.
I Tan I Epi Tas

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by donnieboy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:55 pm

Airforcecop67: Thanks for the suggestions. When searching Froogle, I came across the company that made the stand your picture shows, and , as you said, found that they had gone belly-up. Guess I'll have to get out the old Makita drill and get to work.
Ta-152: ditto to you. Thanks for the Evil-Bay suggestions. You know, I bet someone could make a tidy buck manufacturing and selling model display stands. Seems the field is wide open. Any of you Groundpounders have mechanical aptitude and time on your hands? :) BTW, screwing in a light bulb is a challenge for me. I was at the back of the line when God gave out cerebellums!
Go Starbuck!

INTREPER
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by INTREPER » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:46 am

BOth of those stands look like a great idea! I might have to venture into building my own :D