Opinions on World Peacekeeepers Military Patrol Buggy?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Opinions on World Peacekeeepers Military Patrol Buggy?

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:50 am

This is PTE's version of the Desert Patrol Vehicle (aka Fast Attack Vehicle). I never saw one in the flesh, so I would be interested in opinions as to it's size and accuracy. I used to have the original BBI FAV but it was destroyed in a fire many years ago and I don't feel like forking out a ton to replace it. So I was looking at this as a possible substitute.

It's got to be better than the more recent Elite Force Delta Attack Vehicle:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunny-Days-Enter ... op?ie=UTF8
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Opinions on World Peacekeeepers Military Patrol Buggy?

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:36 pm

Andy, I saw these in person when they were at Target and Toys R Us stores nearly a decade ago. It’s kind of a joke compared to the awesome and accurate FAV BBI made 20-something years ago… Pic is of my BBI Desert FAV. If you can find the older BBI version, that’s definitely the one to get.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:31 am

thanks Tman, I can always count on you for good advice.

It's a shame that all the great BBI toolings from years ago are going unused. The Elite Force line is still continuing but it a much more toy like form. Why not re-release some of these old toolings instead of making toyish, awful new ones? They can be given more simplified paint schemes and fewer accessories to keep the price down if necessary. But why make junk when you have quality toolings sitting unused?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:39 pm

aferguson wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:31 am
thanks Tman, I can always count on you for good advice.

It's a shame that all the great BBI toolings from years ago are going unused. The Elite Force line is still continuing but it a much more toy like form. Why not re-release some of these old toolings instead of making toyish, awful new ones? They can be given more simplified paint schemes and fewer accessories to keep the price down if necessary. But why make junk when you have quality toolings sitting unused?
Andy, those are exactly my thoughts. I remember walking through various Target stores back around 2014, seeing the new cheaper Elite Force items and shaking my head as I remembered the same stores having once carried the old BBI items some years before… It’s a shame as even the new figures lack the full range of articulation as the older ones and are more cheaply made. Of the newer BBI items, I thought only the up-armored Humvee and some of the multi-figure packs were any good, and even then the figures lacked the paint work and articulation while the Humvee needs a bit of work to match up to the old BBI and 21st examples. Thankfully there are some good 1/18 modern military figures out there, either as the Marauder customs or the Joy Toy ones.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."