Hasbro Haslab GI Joe Classified 1/12 Scale Cobra HISS Tank

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Hasbro Haslab GI Joe Classified 1/12 Scale Cobra HISS Tank

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:23 am

While not 1/18 scale, I had to share some pics of the new 1/12 (6”) scale GI Joe Classified Cobra HISS tank model 8)

This came from a crowdfunded Haslab project and was definitely worth backing, the wait to get it, and the price (IMHO). It’s large and highly detailed. Almost more of a model than a toy.

The HISS Tank comes packaged in a great-looking box and requires minor assembly. It comes with a full set of 6” crew figures including the driver, gunner (a female figure!), tactician, and carded Cobra Commander figure.

There are a ton of working features and display options for the HISS. One can outfit the vehicle to look more like the classic ‘80s toy or a more modern update (as mine is). The driver’s compartment is detailed with lighted instruments; the interior is fully detailed with the turret basket, crew seat, weapons rack, and interior lighting. Rear ramp lowers, there’s folding boarding ladders, and lots of external weapons that can be attached. Headlamps and tail lights work and there’s this strange spotlight projecting a Cobra emblem ahead of the tank.

I know the HISS is kind of a fantasy/sci-fi type vehicle and would actually be a terrible AFV in real life (I mean the tracks are too short making the vehicle nose heavy and unstable; the driver and gunner are basically unprotected) but all that said, this is still a fantastic toy/model and lovely interpretation of the classic toy :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Re: Hasbro Haslab GI Joe Classified 1/12 Scale Cobra HISS Tank

Post by YT » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:42 pm

I got mine too, it’s fantastic!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton