Sticky parts at the BBI F16 Wolfpack

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Sticky parts at the BBI F16 Wolfpack

Post by Crazy Kraut » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:38 am

Got some issues with a BBI F16 wolfpack.
Landing gear tires and exhaust nozzle are sticky just like I 've removed some stickers and bit of sticker glue still remains on the parts.
Everbody got the same Problems? Is this a chem. reaction on the plastic/ Rubber parts depending 8n time and dust???
Is there a better solution like washing with water and soap or alcohol or something else???
Thank you for helping.
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Sticky parts at the BBI F16 Wolfpack

Post by rschaap » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:14 am

I had the same problem with a BBI F-16 I bought years ago. I used a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with water until it formed a paste. Using my finger I rubbed it in circular motions on the problem areas. I cleaned it off with water and a soft cloth. I read about this problem and its solution back then. According to what the article said this happens with certain soft plastics as they breakdown over time. Hope this helps.

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Sticky parts at the BBI F16 Wolfpack

Post by Crazy Kraut » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:10 am

Thnx Rudy
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau