Replacement or Lost Parts

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Crusader
Private First Class
Private First Class

Replacement or Lost Parts

Post by Crusader » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:40 pm

Has anyone here been successful in getting replacement parts? I lost the front landing gear cover to my P-38 “Peg of My Heart” and would like to replace it. What do I need to do or who do I need to contact?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

Your right I did get the name wrong. It was the first OD P-38 to come out.

Thanks for the catch
Last edited by Crusader on Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luftpanzer
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by luftpanzer » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:02 pm

spare parts are hard to come by. I think some on this board tried to get from 21st Century toys but was unsucessful. You might want to try the buy and trade section on this forum, You might get lucky and find some one with a broken P38 to trade or buy from. 8)
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:25 pm

Tempest 66 Wrote:
Has anyone here been successful in getting replacement parts? I lost the front landing gear cover to my P-38 “Peg of My Heart” and would like to replace it. What do I need to do or who do I need to contact?
You meant P-47 right? I would venture to say you will be able to find a new bubble top on clearance sooner or later. I believe the gear is the same. At least you should be able to modify it to work. You may ask around and see if a board member has one for parts.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Suggestion

Post by eddie372 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:23 pm

Crusader, I did have a problem with the canopy on my Kepford Corsair (I applied too much blow-dryer heat to it and deform it), and 21C was very helpful and promt in selling me a new one, which they sent right away.

Going to their website at www.21stcenturytoys.com and sending them an e-mail may work fine. I did call them on the phone and the response was immediate. It worked for me and it may work for you.

Regards.
Eddie
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:48 pm

I purchased a M41 Bulldog Tank from TRU way back and the MG was missing. I emailed 21st Century and they sent out a new MG within a few days!!!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:13 am

Wow, that’s not the experience I had with them a while back. Granted it was a few years ago but when my P-38 nose gear was broken when i got it they basically told me it wasn’t their problem. As a matter of fact they directed me to groundponders to ask about fixing it. I guess a lot has changed.

thetatau87
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by thetatau87 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:24 am

The P-38 nose gear was a different problem. MANY people broke them the first time they tried to retract the gear. 21st made a very un-intuitive push to release mechanism that lead to many front struts being snapped off.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:14 pm

I think 21c's policy of replacing various parts has certain conditions:

They will not replace parts for discontinued items

They will not replace parts that are harder to assemble onto the model or replace. A broken landing gear strut, or propeller blade would be examples of these sort of parts, since for the average person, they are much harder to re-attach back onto the model.

They will replace parts that are easier to assemble onto the model, such as a landing gear door, canopy, missing tank machine gun, aircraft stabilizer and so on.

Then again, it may all come down to the particular 21c customer service rep. that takes the call and what parts they actually have in stock.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:53 pm

The P-38 nose gear was a different problem. MANY people broke them the first time they tried to retract the gear. 21st made a very un-intuitive push to release mechanism that lead to many front struts being snapped off.
Mine was broken in the box. If it hadn’t been the last one I would have just taken it back to the store. I learned early on that you have to fend for yourself sometimes when it comes to stuff like this. It would have been nice if they would have at least blown some smoke at me but they were actually a bit rude. Like I said before, this was years ago. That rep probably doesn’t even work there anymore. It's nice to here they will help out when they can.
By the way, I still have that P-38. Fixed of course. :D

MG-42

Parts Issue !

Post by MG-42 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:35 pm

I've never had a parts issue with 21st. yet,...but I know about 2-years ago,...and I agree,..that their Customer Service was poor,..and you were lucky if you got to speak with an associate who was willing to listen, to whatever the reason. It would also be helpful to us,..if they had an 8oo # for issues too. Hopefully now,...since alot has changed for 21st.,..that they continue to improve their Customer Service Relations for our benefit.
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

aktiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aktiger » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:09 pm

I found a great place for replacement parts. Unfortunately they went out of business (anyone remember Small Blue Planet). 21st C directed me to them about a year ago for the same part (landing gear for p38). They probably know of another retailer to refer you to.

Crusader
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Crusader » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:40 pm

Thanks for all the help. I contacted 21st Century Toys and they were very heplful. I'll just wait and see if they send a replacement. I'll let you either way

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

r

Post by eddie372 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm

There we go Crusader! Best of luck in getting your replacement part(s)

Eddie
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Crusader - were you successful in obtaining the parts?

Post by MiG29K » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:47 pm

Crusader...were you able to get a replacement part(s) for your P-38? What does the piece look like? Have a picture? Mind you I do not own one.
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:09 pm

21st Century customer service is fast and awesome!

After reading this thread last week I emailed about a broken gunmount from the cupola on my whitewash Tiger.
I received a prompt reply asking for my address and number - that they would check the warehouse. It just arrived today a new machinegun and mount along with a ton of bubblewrap!!

I was told that they give the requests to the warehouse and they will look to see if they have anything loose at the time.

HATS OFF
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.