Joy Toy WW2 United States Army 1:18 scale action figure set

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Stimulant
Sergeant
Sergeant

Joy Toy WW2 United States Army 1:18 scale action figure set

Post by Stimulant » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:49 pm

A great set of soldiers

https://youtu.be/-XbM8_BvOVg
instagram - awesome.action.toys

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Joy Toy WW2 United States Army 1:18 scale action figure set

Post by normandy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:31 am

These US figures look good, interesting they come as a set of five.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:32 pm

They do look good... The JoyToy WWII Germans look great as well. I’ve got a few of the Joy Toy modern and sci-fi style figures - and they’re great - but I’ve been holding off on the WWII ones. I guess that’s because I got so many 21st, BBI, and Bravo Team figures back in the day :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:18 am

"The JoyToy WWII Germans look great as well"

Yes they do!!

digger

Post by digger » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:19 am

All 4 German sets are nice (Spring and Fall camo, Mountain Division and Werhmacht). I was disappointed in the US Army guys pictured above. All five figures are identical from the neck down. That's pretty lame for a set of five. And as other have noted, the ubiquitous web gear is rather poorly executed so I wouldn't army build this grunt. JoyToy also switched to ball jointed wrists with these WWII figures and they actually have less range of motion than than the standard joints JT uses on other figures (left wrist 'curl,' right wrist 'karate chop'). The wrists are also now more fragile - I had my first JT break in a while.

In general I'm so glad JT is cranking out WWII figs (Brits and Russians supposedly on the way), but unfortunately they are too big for all for our 21C vehicles. I would love if they got in the WWII vehicle game, their mechs and SUV are fantastic.

gk5717
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gk5717 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:22 pm

I got the German mountain set. Better than I expected. Will get the other Gerrman sets. But for the U.S. set I will not. One figure is useless, the black guy. In WW2 the services were segregated. A black guy would only be in a black unit. he would not serve along a with a white guy in the same unit. Also off the top of my head I cannot think of any black infantry units that saw action, not saying they didn't but if they did it was few and far between. What they did do in Europe was drive trucks. I believe they called it the red ball express. It was these truck drivers that kept up with supplies for the advancing army as it made it's way through Europe.
You would think if a company was going to make figures they would have done a little research.