Elite Force Bf-109

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
fullyautomatic
Corporal
Corporal

Elite Force Bf-109

Post by fullyautomatic » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:25 pm

I picked this up at an estate sale and was looking for some information please. I've been out of the 1:18th world for some time but still have a few 21st Century planes on display. Box says Limited edition " The Black Devil of Ukraine." I never owned any of the Elite Force items but this one looks to be a little better than the first edition 21st Century 109's. How Limited is it? The plane over all is in good to great shape. Not excellent as it's missing the drop tank and I'm assuming a pilot came with it. The box is in good shape with no inserts but does contain the Certificate.
First off the wheels are in the down position . How do you unlock them to fold up. Scared to pry to hard and snap one off. Also for shipping purposes, if I do sell, how does it breakdown? My biggest concern is the prop and how to prevent it from snapping one of the blades off during shipping. Do the underwing cannons come off?
Any help would be appreciated. Don't collect much any more but have always followed the Forum and am thankful to those that do keep it going.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Elite Force Bf-109

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:26 pm

Fullyautomatic, nice find on the BBI BF-109G-2! It’s one of the best 1/18 Luftwaffe models out there and has fantastic detail! It’s actually 9-10 years old now and was BBI’s second repaint of their BF-109 model.

Anyways, the wings are all one piece and snap in place on the fuselage. They should pull off with a little effort. The wing cannon should just pull off as well. The model was designed so one had the option of displaying the plane with or without the cannon pods. The landing gear do retract and you have to carefully push them into place - the locking mechanism doesn’t make this easy, but it’s nice how it holds the struts securely and in the correct extended position. You can’t easily remove the prop.

Hope this helps :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

normandy

Post by normandy » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:58 pm

Congratulations on the BBI 109 find! I'm sorry I passed on BBI's
DAK Bf 109. :?

fullyautomatic
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fullyautomatic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:37 am

Thanks for the reply's guys. Any ideas on how many versions were made? Doing a search on BBI Elite Force airplanes I only see the DAK version of the 109. I see a P-51, Corsair's, Hellcat, and Zero.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:35 pm

BBI only ever made two versions of their BF-109: the original DAK/Mediterranean version and the Erich Hartmann version several years later. The Hartmann version is the best, IMHO. I also like how BBI chose to do a BF-109G-2 as it didn’t duplicate aircraft types with the 21st Century Toys BF-109E-4 and BF-109G-6 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."