The Hiya Toys Aliens APC is Awesome!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

The Hiya Toys Aliens APC is Awesome!!

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:56 pm

I know this has been available for a few months, but recently purchased the Hiya Toys Aliens APC 1/18 scale model... It wasn’t cheap, but was definitely worth the purchase :D

The model is large and has a fully detailed interior and exterior. The turrets rotate, the main turret slides back on the rails, wheels have rubber tires, and side hatches open. The headlights and roof sensor light up in realistic fashion. The exterior is painted in a black color with mud weathering on the tires. I’m not sure why the APC was tooled in black when the movie example was olive drab in color, but the black still looks good. Construction is pretty solid, but this is still too fragile for a kids toy.

The real gem with this model is the fully-detailed interior. The roof comes off and the rear turret/roof opens back on a hinge to access the interior. Inside are the drivers station with light-up console and movable steering lever, weapons rack, passenger seats, command computer station, and the rear passenger compartment. The weapons rack holds weapons (a mixture of Hiya and BBI guns on mine). The passenger seats feature movable safety harnesses and the commander’s seat slides back and forth on the rails. The computer screens and controls light up and you can see the vital-sign info on the screens. There are seats for 14 figures and standing room for more.

The vehicle comes with a Hiya Colonial Marines figure and there are a couple others that can be purchased affordably, but nowhere near enough to fully outfit the vehicle. I decided to get a couple sets of the Joy Toy USMC figures. They are 1/18 scale and slightly larger than the Hiya figures, but look fantastic with the APC, I think. Another option I’m considering is customizing some Colonial Marines figures from the Marauder Task Force modular figures made by Marauder Gun Runners/Marauder Inc.

Anyways, if you’re into sci-fi or futuristic military vehicles, I highly recommend getting the Hiya Toys Aliens APC :D

I’ve included a few pictures below... Enjoy :)

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Re: The Hiya Toys Aliens APC is Awesome!!

Post by YT » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:58 pm

Wow this came out great, thanks for sharing!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:45 pm

TMANTHEGREAT:

NECA re-releassed the ALIENS Queen action figure. It's bigger than 1/18 scale, but it is still a good figure.

EBAY LINK: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aliens-Ultra-D ... SwIkNcP2Lh

REVIEW LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLU_l059iGM

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:41 am

Yep, I’m familiar with the Neca items and they are really nice. Just their odd 7” scale doesn’t fit with anything else I collect!

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:26 pm

After 2 years of having mine on preorder I got mine in April or May of this year I think. It does not disappoint.

The only miss was the paint job which can be corrected...I just feel I shouldn't have to after shelling out 250. :lol:

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Those Joy Toy figures look exceptional by the way.

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by markecho » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:26 am

Holy cow tman! that thing is awesome! And btw great pics!

The interior with the screens are amazing!

That is a great piece - congrats on the acquisition!

And yeah the JoyToy Marines look perfect with that vehicle! Love that fish gun!

I don't know if anyone is in the market for this but there is actually a flash sale (today only) for the Xenomorph Crusher:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/48045

This place offers $4 shipping and I have been using them for years. Great retailer.

Again sweet pics tmanthegreat thanks for posting!

p.s. are those Build-O-Rama corner dio pieces?
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:40 am

Thanks Mark :D

Yeah, that’s a Build A Rama corner ruins piece. I got it years ago and it seemed to work for my little Aliens setup. But the APC is definitely worth getting, if you haven’t gotten one already... I’m really happy with it and how the Joy Toy figures work with the model.

However, I may change the figures around as I discovered the Marauder Task Force figures from Marauder Inc. and I’m working on creating more accurate-looking Colonial Marines using the MTF parts. I do have some of the Hiya Colonial Marines figures - Bella, Redding, and Cruz - but the others are OOP and way too expensive, which leaves the custom route and the MTF figures should fit that bill :wink:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:29 pm

Tman,
If you can get the Hicks, Hudson and Vazquez heads and put them on MTF figure or something else, you would have some BAD A$$ setup -
- Stay Frosty
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Winterstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Winterstar » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:07 am

Yeah, that thing looks amazing.

I was just gunshy after leaving the preorder in for far too long and the fragility of some of Hiya's offerings. I'd cancelled my preorder and spent the funds on something superfluous. Or maybe something nifty. I can't remember which.

I do think it'd look awesome next to my Arkham City Batmobile >.>

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:31 pm

Pretty good looking vehicle. Thanks for sharing.
Todd

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:46 pm

WoW!!! That is an amazing piece! Very cool!!
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark