POST ALL 21st CENTURY WALMART FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:05 am

In the last two weeks nothing has changed, two pegs of platoon figures and a 32x mustang. This was the Carl Place Wal mart. Its the same at the other 4 locations in my AO. :roll:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Sheesh had training in cedartown GA this week almost 10 minutes from Rome GA. I hit about 10 different WM on the way there and back and one TRU. All I can say is Nothing other than Platoon figures and the sunburned series. No planes, no vehicles - but they were all newer walmarts within 20 minutes from one another. Did stock up on Cobra troops though!!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 pm

STUKA wrote:Sheesh had training in cedartown GA this week almost 10 minutes from Rome GA. I hit about 10 different WM on the way there and back and one TRU. All I can say is Nothing other than Platoon figures and the sunburned series. No planes, no vehicles - but they were all newer walmarts within 20 minutes from one another. Did stock up on Cobra troops though!!
GO JOE!

The local WMs around my area are the same thing- hip deep in Platoon figs!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:27 pm

What Platoon figures? I haven't spotted them at any of the WM's in my area (Northern, CA). Going to hit some out of town WM's within the next few days. Hope to find a few there.

Arclight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Arclight » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:19 am

I've come late to this. Where can I see pictures of all 12 of the vietnam figures? I've been looking, can't seem to track any down.

Arc
Arc

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:58 pm

Arclight wrote:I've come late to this. Where can I see pictures of all 12 of the vietnam figures? I've been looking, can't seem to track any down.

Arc
Arc,
Here is a great database of 1/18 scale items created by our own Grunt -
http://www.sshqdb.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=88
Use the search feature at top to search for anything in the 1/18 scale.

You can also got to 21st Century Toys website: 21stcenturytoys.com
and look at the news section. It is set up by month.
I will post the link to the section that has the pics later today.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:21 am

I saw a single bunker hill corsair on the sale rack at walmart for 17.00- pm me if your local and wanna know where it's at-

Flytiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Flytiger » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:26 pm

I think WalMart has dumped the C21 1:18 products and anything that shows up is their automated attempt to route leftover product into markets where it seems to have sold in the past. We have to face the fact that WM's product manager/buyers aren't exactly into our hobby. We see history, they see numbers on reports and demographic analyses.

In the stores around North Dallas that I'm in several several times a month it's been devoid of any large-box WWII toys. Their premiere super store in Plano doesn't even have anything at all in terms of military-related toys. It's almost as if anything with a gun is verbotten.

I think the drive is to smaller items at higher per-square-inch shelf prices. I see a few ground-pounder C21 packages on racks and sometimes a few armor toys and figures plunked in there, even a couple of little planes but for the most part C21 isn't getting any traction in WM. Anything the size of a 1:18 model has to have remote control or it's toast.

The only problem I see in this situation is a slight negative for 1:18 enthusiasts in terms of less retail price competition. Instead of being able to buy in an establishment you're in a couple of times a week, you might be faced with the sellers on eBay and the goofy shipping charges that sometimes show up or paying the premium for an online store.

But I think we have to realize what we pay for these isn't exactly outrageous in terms of what we get out of just admiring them sitting or hanging there. We all know what that feeling is. (Please, don't try to account for the dusting overhead!!!!)

Bargains at WM are cool - I've taken advantage of a few, but looking back on it I'd have to wonder if my time and gas were worth it as opposed to five minutes online (not to mention the fun of finding a box on the porch and getting it into the house without the better half seeing it).

Funny - she doesn't seem to be willing to actually keep track of the exact number of planes up there on the walls. :wink: But I know she knows something is going on. Sometimes I can't find room for the empty boxes in the garbage and they are kinda hard to hide.

So if WallyWorld isn't going to be my source, I'll just have to be patient. And cunning!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:43 pm

[quote="Flytiger"]I think WalMart has dumped the C21 1:18 products and anything that shows up is their automated attempt to route leftover product into markets where it seems to have sold in the past. We have to face the fact that WM's product manager/buyers aren't exactly into our hobby. We see history, they see numbers on reports and demographic analyses.

Still makes you wonder why WM has so much trouble with 21C, when EVERY WM I go into has THE CORPS, both 12" and 1:18. EVERY WM!

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:46 pm

The walmart on sand lake rd in orlando has full pegs of the PLATOON figures.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:21 pm

Hmmm. I don't know if I would drive down to Sandlake even if WM put all the 21st stuff on sale for a dollar a pop.

Not my favorite part of Orlando, although better than Pine Hills.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Finally found the Wehrmacht and D-Day dual packs, but they weren't in Houston. I found them at the WM in Brenham on the way home from a camping trip.

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:42 am

Found the new 1/144 P-47s at WM yesterday.
viewtopic.php?p=132310#132310

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Finding 21st C items

Post by General Blasto » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:08 am

I thought part of the purpose of this form is that we're all here to help each other out :roll: If there is items down here that folks need, then I could perhaps get them and ship them to where ever ;) I've had a few folks find things for me that are not in my AO, Thanks guys 8) And have them and others looking for other items that are not down here. Yes, we have far too many Platoon figures here. Seems that's all our WMs are carrying now :( I did find 21st C DAK kneelable MGers down here now too at TRU, but I still can't find any DAK kneelable artillary spotters or German kneelable riflemen :? I am willing to do some trading ;) I also have the planes in my ad in BST forum to trade with too and soon look for FOV modern soldiers with FOV WWII heads and 21st C heads that I need to part with. I'm still trying to make a list because I have 4, yes 4 paper boxes FULL of these guys new on card, but just different heads.

WHat I'm trying to say is, we can help our other brothers in arms by trading or finding/selling figures that are in different AO's ;) :) Da General

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:05 pm

Picked up a complete set of the platoon guys at the florence walmart. Had some 1/32 red 19 fw's and a new sharkmouth p40 i believe.
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

DFW report

Post by dandaman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:46 pm

DFW report:

Almost every WalMart I've been to has loads of Platoon figures. It doesn't look like they're moving.

Everything else appears to be however. For example, good luck finding any WW2 tanker troops. You'll find maybe one on a peg per store, if that. The WW2 Germans are all but gone. The last one I saw was the officer with coat and that's been sitting on the peg for months now.

Another oddity is that you will still find Japanese marines here and there. There seems to be a lack of interest with that particular line.

Also, some stores have nothing at all. The pegs (usually 2) have been empty for weeks, possibly months. I check back every now and then, but never find anything.

On the whole, I would say the DFW WalMart chain is severely lacking in 1:18 scale figs. What is up with that?

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:31 pm

The same thing down here TONS of Platoon figures and no one is buying them, i hope wm puts them on clearance and gets the 2 packs in.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Platoon figures

Post by dandaman » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Regarding the Platoon figures. And any other Vietnam figures for that matter. Where is "the enemy"? Why are we always inundated with US troops but no "bad guys"?

(I'm putting quotes around the non-politically correct references.)

It's the same thing with the modern FOV marines and army figures. Where are the insurgents?

It is my opinion that if you are going to recreate history, then do it all the way. It's not politically correct I'm sure, but then neither are the battles being fought in Iraq???

I'm sure it has something to do with what the store will carry. US troops are ok, but the people they fight are not. Well, with the exception of WW2 Germans, right? But they were Nazis! How is that politically correct? You have these German guys wearing camo looking like SS troops and they are allowed on the shelf?

I don't know. It seems like a double standard.

I'm pretty sure these stores reluctantly put the VC/NVA figures on the pegs when 21st Century first released them. Because they were taboo.

But how can a kid/adult realistically recreate any piece of history when only one side of the story is being told? We have modern US Army and Marine guys. That's great. Now who do we pit them against? Are we just supposed to pretend they are on maneuvers?!?

Sorry for my rant, but this has always been something that bothered me.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Well, there were the original 21c Vietcong and NVA figures...

As for the modern insurgents, the 21c Eastern Warrior figures are still easy to find. They replicate Afghan resistance-fighter/Taliban soldiers. The articulation is not that great on them and the expressions are cheezy, but they are the only modern "enemy" figure out there.

Give a group of them a PTE camel or two, and you are good to go 8)

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:14 pm

I had located some German troops today at a WM down here.
They are the latest "sun tan" batch Grabbed one officer and the last 4 Fritzs. They'll loose their heads (and hands too) and get refitted with what ever else new I can find. I got 2 "Dusty" VN figures coming as well as a WWII two pack and some others. The new DAK artillery spotter's head makes a Great officer's head, just pop a pistol in his hand and he can shoot it off as well as he shoots his mouth off :P Or is he really just barking out orders :lol: But really, the WWII figures ARE getting hard to find at wally world down here :? I think it's time for NEW 21st C WWII figures, right :idea: Da General

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:45 pm

My local Wal-Mart has cut the prices yet more on almost everything 21st. The 1/144 planes two packs are 2 bucks each single planes $1, 1/6th German mgs $3 each,38T 1/32 $7 each and if I recall right the 1/48 planes are $3 each. 1/18 figures and 1/32 planes still full price.
Could not think of anything to put here.

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:04 pm

WM here finally put out something besides Platoon. They put out about 6 each Vietnam and DAK 2 packs

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:33 pm

Due to WM distribution this will be old news for some but I found the Platoon figures up here in the GNW, FINALLY!

The Spanaway WM had three full sets. One remains after I got done. I realy wanted them all but decided not to get greedy and leave some for the next guy. :wink: l
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]