1/18 A4E Skyhawk 2019

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: 1/18 A4E Skyhawk 2019

Post by pizzaguy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:19 pm

YT wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:57 pm
A-4 looks great. That Battlestar is cool! how big is it? I promised my son we would get our 3-D printer set up again soon.
Thanks, The BSG is going to be 21" long. I finally got everything printed. It's not perfect but cool. If I had a bigger printer I would have done it 36" long. Let me know if you interested. I can send you the stl files. I've fixed a few of the floating pieces and size issues. I'm considering remaking the cannons and printing them on the resin printer for more detail.

YT
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by YT » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:13 am

Thanks, probably not something I’ll take on but I enjoy seeing yours!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Hey there, I’ve been away for a while. This looks like it is coming around pretty well. Is there word on the F-4, F-15, or Su 27?
Thanks
Todd

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Hey Todd, Sorry, I don't have any info on those items. Tom has been busy with work and locked down from his printer guy. Thanks, Nathan

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:10 pm

Ok guys, most of you know I have been working on a 1/18 A4E Skyhawk. Hoped I would have been further along than what I am, but with work and other projects it has been shoved to the side for far too long. Another contributing factor would be the failed ME163 Komet I produced a couple years ago. I felt I went all out and produced a highly detailed kit at a fair price. The sales were disappointing to say the least. You can understand my reluctance to spend hours x10 again on another project. Also, with current projects where I have had fifteen people say they buy something and when it’s made five people show up. Is it price? Most of you will contest that I do not produce crappy items.
So, here is what I am proposing. I would like to leave it up to you. My goal would be to produce 25 kits max. If I can get 15 people to commit $100 towards the purchase of a kit I’ll move forward. I am projecting the cost of a kit to be $375+shipping. After 1yr if I have not produced a kit your down payment will be refunded. A year is not a long time considering I will be working on this in my spare time and it's complicated. Once the molds are made and production begins the balance would be due and the kits will be produced in the order they were received. We can work out some payment structure.
If you are wondering what a kit will include here, you go.
· Fiberglass fuselage body and wings
· Static plug and play metal landing gear
· 3D designed detailed cockpit
· Hinged opening canopy
· Static control surfaces
· Centerline fuel tank
Sounds simple but trust me it’s complex getting everything to lineup and fit properly.
Depending on the turn out, I’m considering an ordinance package. The options for that are too many to count. It would have to be narrowed down to 4-5 items.
My ultimate goal would be an option for a nav lights and sound board that can be installed.
Decals I am going to leave that up to you. There were several nations that operated the A4. To pick one decal scheme would be impossible. If this takes off maybe there’s someone out there that could help with that.
I’ll give it till December 4th to see what happens.
PM me if you’re interested.

ImageImageImageImage

YT

Post by YT » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:21 am

Nathan, I am so sorry to hear the Komet was not a big seller. It is a fantastic model, I don't think results are a reflection on your product, more just the 1/18 market. Your A-4 will be fantastic I'm sure, it is just not a plane I am passionate about. I don't think I would be a backer due to the cost and effort to build a plane I have never been that interested in. Although it might be nice to do a Top Gun version. If you get close I may be a buyer but not at this time.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:09 pm

Pm sent.

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:15 pm

And just like that I'm shutting off orders. We hit the magic number and then some. Once I have the first block complete I'll see if anyone is still interested. I'll begin working exclusively on the A4 starting in December.

Thanks YT, I understand it's not for everyone.

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:30 am

not my favorite jet but I'm looking forward to see it completed in this scale. Good luck.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:40 pm

pizzaguy wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:10 pm
Ok guys, most of you know I have been working on a 1/18 A4E Skyhawk. Hoped I would have been further along than what I am, but with work and other projects it has been shoved to the side for far too long. Another contributing factor would be the failed ME163 Komet I produced a couple years ago. I felt I went all out and produced a highly detailed kit at a fair price. The sales were disappointing to say the least. You can understand my reluctance to spend hours x10 again on another project. Also, with current projects where I have had fifteen people say they buy something and when it’s made five people show up. Is it price? Most of you will contest that I do not produce crappy items.
So, here is what I am proposing. I would like to leave it up to you. My goal would be to produce 25 kits max. If I can get 15 people to commit $100 towards the purchase of a kit I’ll move forward. I am projecting the cost of a kit to be $375+shipping. After 1yr if I have not produced a kit your down payment will be refunded. A year is not a long time considering I will be working on this in my spare time and it's complicated. Once the molds are made and production begins the balance would be due and the kits will be produced in the order they were received. We can work out some payment structure.
If you are wondering what a kit will include here, you go.
· Fiberglass fuselage body and wings
· Static plug and play metal landing gear
· 3D designed detailed cockpit
· Hinged opening canopy
· Static control surfaces
· Centerline fuel tank
Sounds simple but trust me it’s complex getting everything to lineup and fit properly.
Depending on the turn out, I’m considering an ordinance package. The options for that are too many to count. It would have to be narrowed down to 4-5 items.
My ultimate goal would be an option for a nav lights and sound board that can be installed.
Decals I am going to leave that up to you. There were several nations that operated the A4. To pick one decal scheme would be impossible. If this takes off maybe there’s someone out there that could help with that.
I’ll give it till December 4th to see what happens.
PM me if you’re interested.

ImageImageImageImage
Pizzaguy have you thought of seeing if any veterans/modelers who worked on the skyhawk may be interested?

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Dannyc I thought i posted here. I've reached my my goal and have 19 orders for kits. Once I have the first batch done I'll see if anyone else is interested.

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:31 am

Really looking forward to this one.
Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:58 pm

pizzaguy wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:17 pm
Dannyc I thought i posted here. I've reached my my goal and have 19 orders for kits. Once I have the first batch done I'll see if anyone else is interested.
yes you did, my apologies I was referring to your possible next production run

majorbludd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by majorbludd » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Id be in for up to 2 if you'd be open to new orders.

I'd love to paint them in an aggressor schemes, and hang them up with my JSI tomcat for a Top Gun scene.

As of note- I'd also be interested in an "avionics hump" if that ever comes up as a consideration.

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Thanks Major!
Avionics hump will be included.
I'll be taking orders again after I have the first batch done

majorbludd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by majorbludd » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:24 am

pizzaguy wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:53 pm
Thanks Major!
Avionics hump will be included.
I'll be taking orders again after I have the first batch done
Very excited! It will be sooooo worth the wait! Saving my pennies now:)