Star Wars Imperial Assault Tank (aka Alvis Stormer AFV)

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Star Wars Imperial Assault Tank (aka Alvis Stormer AFV)

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Well, we finally have an Alvis Stormer armored vehicle in 1/18 scale, sort of :wink:

Anyways, I thought the Star Wars and sci-fi fans might enjoy this in case they weren’t already aware. Hasbro recent releases the latest vehicle in their Star Wars Vintage Collection line - the Imperial Combat Assault Tank (TX-225 Occupier) featured in the film, Rogue One. For the film, they used a modified British Alvis Stormer AFV as the basis for the Assault Tank. The toy is almost more of a model than a toy and is just as well detailed and functional as the best of our 1/18 armored vehicles. Lots of working features and accessories, including a fully detailed interior. Unfortunately it doesn’t come with a figure, so I had to improvise. Really an awesome Star Wars Toy/Model if you’re into this type of thing. I could see this vehicle fitting in equally as well with the GI Joe figure line or even Acid Rain or Aliens lines.

Here are some photos. Enjoy 8)

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Winterstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Star Wars Imperial Assault Tank (aka Alvis Stormer AFV)

Post by Winterstar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:40 am

How removable are those side cannons?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:05 am

The side cannons were separate parts from the main body and could just be pulled out.

TOOL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TOOL » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 am

A great offering from the Hasbro line. I imagine I will be grabbing one even with the extra $$ it costs. Can't believe it didn't come with a figure. I did see the Rogue One 4 packs at a Tuesday Morning store that included the Tank Driver for $10 FYI.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:15 am

The Imperial Assault Tank is definitely worth the extra cash - it’s one of the most detailed and realistic Star Wars vehicles made to date! I got one of those four pack sets, but just didn’t like the way the 5-POA figure fit in the vehicle... The 2nd wave of the Vintage Series figures that is due sometime this fall has a 3.75” Imperial tank driver figure that will be fully articulated. I’ve got several on preorder from Entertainment Earth and those figures will likely show up at mass retail as well.