The Great Motor Pool Give Away

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

The Great Motor Pool Give Away

Post by Lightning7000 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:00 am

In year’s past, we would often times run a promotion where we ended up giving away a freebie as a token of our appreciation. For 2018, we decided to resurrect this give away, this time with a bit of a twist. Beginning May 1st and ending December 31st, 2018, whom ever purchases the most product from us, measured in terms of net dollars, will receive Forces of Valor’s upcoming Extreme Metal 1:16 scale Tiger I heavy tank. Obviously, said merchandise must have been purchased and shipped within this time frame, and any returns will be counted against this total. Pre-orders for merchandise expected to ship after January 1st, 2019, will not count towards this promotion. Moreover, purchases made on eBay or any other online marketplace will not count towards the total amount spent.

So what makes this promotion so special? Well, if you go on eBay, some of the earliest Extreme Metal products are commanding well in excess of $2,000 US, a five-fold increase in its original asking price. As a result, many people have made quite a killing by buying and storing these items, often times purchasing multiples of these tanks with the notion of selling them down-the-road at a huge profit. Others have kept their prized possession, passing up loads of money so they can say they own one of these beasts.

Keep in mind that whom ever wins this promotion will be responsible for covering the shipping cost and may, if they so choose, decline accepting this item. In such case, we will contact the customer that placed the second largest total amount with us to gauge their interest. Lastly, when last we spoke with the manufacturer, the latest vehicle in the series was slated to be a mid-production Tiger I tank. This may have changed since last we spoke with them, so we will post information and pictures of the vehicle as soon as they formally announce it.

For more information, visit our blog: http://blog.themotorpool.net/

YT
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: The Great Motor Pool Give Away

Post by YT » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Fun idea. I’m one of the suckers that has kept my Tiger 1, 2 and Sherman. Just too neat to let go.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:34 am

Those were sweet...wish I had the cash to get 1 or two when they were available
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:08 am

Fun idea as well...

I was lucky enough to get the Sherman at retail at a discount (I want to say it was from The Motor Pool) and I got the Whitman Villers Bocage Tiger (#222) on eBay for under $250 about 5 years ago... The King Tiger has always been out of my reach. They are all beautiful models and centerpieces of my armor collection!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lightning7000 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi,
Just a hunch, but I think the new owners will bring back a new version of the King Tiger, perhaps the one they now have running at the Saumur Museum in France. Remember, this is a brand new company that is doing their own manufacturing. Previously, Unimax contracted with an outside factory to produce their products.

Waltersons also promised Unimax that they would not duplicate any of the previous versions, thereby preserving their value. Now, I doubt that Waltersons will bring back the wooden crate the King Tiger was packed in, which was a bit over the top and increases the shipping costs exponentially. I believe they worked with Torro back then to offer a static version of one of their R/C tanks.

Marc

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:16 am

How much were the King Tigers when they were first released?
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Lightning7000
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lightning7000 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:07 am

I think they were between $300-$400 and that was way back in 2004, a lifetime ago in the diecast business.

Marc

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:37 am

Thanks....wish I had picked it up then....one just sold for 1475 on ebay

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:32 am

I was lucky to get a new King Tiger Peiper #008 from an SSHQ member a few years ago for a good price---one sold for $2,500 plus $131 shipping on ebay in 2017. I think they were originally $349 at Flying Mule when they were first released.
I also have the Whitman #007 Tiger I and two Shermans.

I'm curious as to what the new prices will be.