1/18 Harrier kit- Trumpeter - merit mold Jan 18

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
JoeS
Corporal
Corporal

1/18 Harrier kit- Trumpeter - merit mold Jan 18

Post by JoeS » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 am

Looks like the Harrier will be released as a kit in Jan by Hobbyboss/Trumpeter. Box art shows a gun pack and a few additional pods.

http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=ho ... d=103&l=en

Maybe Trump/HB could release the F-14 as a kit....

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: 1/18 Harrier kit- Trumpeter - merit mold Jan 18

Post by A-10LOADER » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 am

Since my Tomcat is about 75% done, they probably will release one in 1/18th scale now.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/18 Harrier kit- Trumpeter - merit mold Jan 18

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:52 am

About time they released the Harrier as a kit. I don’t plan on getting this, but I do find it interesting how it comes with various “extras” that didn’t come with the prebuilt model like the gun pods. I wonder if the gears will be fixed? I’m sure it will also be easy to make the canopy open :wink:

For a comparison, I’m building the Hobby Boss 1/18 FW-190A right now, which was based on Merit’s prebuilt model. The kit comes with extra 500lb bombs & racks (oddly enough for wing mounts) as well as what appear to be extra gun barrels and pitot tubes to ostensibly make a later model FW-190, like an A6 or A7. Nothing in the instructions gives directions for the extra parts. These parts were also not included with the prebuilt model. The kit also has fixed landing gears, as opposed to the retractable ones on the prebuilt version. Just some interesting differences between the two otherwise identical models that make me wonder how much the Harrier kit will differ...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."