21C Bf-109G landing gear fix?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
coogrfan
Corporal
Corporal

21C Bf-109G landing gear fix?

Post by coogrfan » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:27 am

So...I recently picked up a Seemann 109G cheap on eBay, and am happy with everything except the landing gear. I did a search on this site and saw that some people had sanded the spring loaded braces down in order to get the gear to splay out. Could anyone who has done this post some pics so I have some idea of how to go about doing this? Thanks.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 21C Bf-109G landing gear fix?

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:17 pm

I did this on a BF-109 I had a while back, but later sold the plane, so I don't have any pics... I have kept my other BF-109s unmodified. You can either sand or trim the part of the tab that fits into the curved "socket" on the landing gear strut so that the gears have the correct amount of splay. Maybe start with sanding until you get the desired angle. I would reference pictures of BF-109s (both historical and current) to get the correct angle. However, once you have sanded/trimmed the tabs, the landing gear likely will not hold the splayed angle when you pick up the model, so you will have to arrange them each time you move or set down the plane.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

coogrfan
Corporal
Corporal

Re: 21C Bf-109G landing gear fix?

Post by coogrfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks for the info. 8)