Battleground and grunt update - June 2017

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Battleground and grunt update - June 2017

Post by grunt1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 am

Hey gang,

I should have posted this a month or so further back. There is a lot going on (positive) in both my own little world and for Battleground. It became a bit more than I could handle and I wanted to apologize for the really slow communications to those of you that have messaged me.

In short, I'm in the process of ramping Battleground up a bit as well as exploring some new ideas. I have two part time folks that are helping now over the summer and part of the fall that should help me get this done. It's taken time to get them up to speed, which I underestimated.

There are a number of new models coming out, likely appearing in the fall. I won't say what they are until I know for sure that they are well on their way. All ground vehicles or other ground based equipment.

I was also able to spend some quality time in the field at Fort Carson, the LST memorial and some other museums and get very detailed measurements and research drawings for some new projects and existing ones that were stuck in research limbo like the LCVP.

The LST I was on participated in D-Day. It was also used to ferry German prisoners from D-Day to England. Hard to imagine all that happened, but they had the pictures with the ship number to prove it. There are a handful of LCVPs spread around the US in places like New Orleans, Vincinnes, Indiana and one just outside of Chicago. Being in an actual LCVP or an LST is very cool! If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend it.

I have also been working on making a fully functional suspension for the M5 as a way to see what it would take to make other Battleground vehicles RC capable. This content may be a bit confusing, but here is a video of an M5 Stuart suspension with working volute springs. It is attached to a Heng Long M4 Sherman for trials.

https://youtu.be/-zgiSEQdePc

Cheers!

Grunt
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Eddy10440
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Battleground and grunt update - June 2017

Post by Eddy10440 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Sounds great Grunt!

Please keep on with that good work you've been doing buddy!

normandy

Post by normandy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:02 am

Interesting, "new models" and "ground vehicles or other ground based equipment."
I'll stay tuned. :wink:

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 am

I'm confused, does this posting have something to do with computer gaming, or what ??