My 1/30 ww 2 armors

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

My 1/30 ww 2 armors

Post by cnq » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:09 am

Although I stop collecting 1/30 armors & figures due to high cost I have a small collection which I really like. Below are some pictures. They are from King & Country , Collectors Showcase, Figarti, Thomas Gunn, Honour Bound.

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: My 1/30 ww 2 armors

Post by cnq » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:12 am

Ooops, wrong section. Mod please feel free to move it.

skorzeny
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by skorzeny » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:48 pm

cnq , Looks Great !

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:29 am

Great looking pieces CNQ, they make a very nice collection! I've often seen King and Country at model and gun shows, they've got some beautifully painted figures and vehicles. I sometimes use K&C figures (pictures) as reference when I repaint some of my 1:18 guys.

I've often wondered why the model/collecting world has so many scales so close together 1:30, 1:32, 1:35
1:15,1:16, 1:18 and so on..... :?

I like the diorama setups you have, for me it adds to the display. Well done! :salute:

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:46 am

Thanks Skor & Normandy.

Collector Showcase is going to re-lease the Sherman Easy 8 and I think I will get it as I missed it the last time. This Sherman is one of my favorite tanks of ww2 ; And the added sand bags look so cool.

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:39 am

The "Military Issue" catalog and website are full of 1/30 scale items. I can vouch for the expensive price tags. :shock:

They refer to at least some of the items as being made of "polystone". Is that a fancy term for resin?

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 am

Axis Nightmare wrote:The "Military Issue" catalog and website are full of 1/30 scale items. I can vouch for the expensive price tags. :shock:

They refer to at least some of the items as being made of "polystone". Is that a fancy term for resin?

1/30 manus only use Polystone in armors. Figures are still in lead/diecast. Polystone is quite heavy and not the same as resin material which is much lighter in weight but with resin they can create more details whereas in polystone it's quite hard to do it. Latelly they have started to use resin & photo etch parts in newer armors to create more details.
Check out First Legion Patton tank to get some ideas I believe it's made mostly in resin & photo etch parts. It's very nice but very expensive as well.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Nice collection. I have seen some of King and Country at a local Antique shop but didn't realize there was so much available in 1/30. I am also a Sherman fan. Which is why Kelly's Heroes will always be my favorite WWII movie.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:17 am

Nice dioramas. I like the winter scenes and the armor is well painted and weathered.

I tend to collect only WW1 stuff, artillery in particular. Some guns are metal, many of the larger ones are resin. Recently, I bought a large First Legion French artillery piece and was amazed/disappointed that it was resin and was light as a feather. It still looks good, but I am one of those who equate quality and weight...

Polystone is pretty heavy but I suppose they cannot achieve detail working with polystone like they can with resin. Die cast metal would be excellent but cost prohibitive....

Tom

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:07 am

very nice
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

cnq
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by cnq » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks for comment guys.

krieglok,
I'm very much prefer more details on the model than how heavy it is so resin and photo etch parts are perfectly fine with me. After all these are only display models on my shelves and not meant to be playing with.
First Legion models are the best in 1/30 market in terms of sculpting, painting, detail, and accuracy imo. The only con is they are so expensive to collect. However I do have a small collection of First Legion figures.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:37 am

Oh, I agree. For the amount they get for a gun, it should have decent detail. Personally, I collect the various makers, especially soldiers, as my painting skills are not that great. I have painted hundreds of soldier figures and just never could make them as decent looking as the "toy" soldier makers. The vehicles and artillery were originally a second interest. To find and buy a often resin kit, and make it look as decent, is basically beyond my modeling skills. So, I have been a prebuilt customer lately.

First Legion is a top notch maker. I just bought their WW1 155mm cannon and accompanying figures. I think one figure is heavier than the cannon itself...lol. A con on like this one doesn't have too much detail as the real one was fairly simple. I was a little shocked as to the total lack of weight, but as a resin model it is very impressive and priced accordingly.

I am selling a Front Line 1/32 German 105mm howitzer on eBay at the moment. This gun, while slightly smaller than the French gun, is made completely of white metal. It is extremely well detailed and is very heavy. While the white metal may not lend itself to minute details, it had more than enough detail for me. The kicker is that the gun and five crewmen only cost $136 about 7 years ago.

Tom