1/18 Hurricane

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
skorzeny
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: 1/18 Hurricane

Post by skorzeny » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:20 pm

WOW Looks Great Aracula. Keep Going,

Shomare
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Shomare » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:20 am

Just to recap, you are going to be selling the hurricane as a production item right? Will you be selling the typhoon as well? I like the story of that one.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:00 am

Yes it will be molded and reproduced multiple times to be sold to people, and yes I will do the Typhoon the same way, and the HE 162.
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:34 am

The Hurricane is done and is in molding faze. If you are interested in one PM me and will let you know when it is ready.

Will post some more pictures of completed plane soon as I get a few parts out of the molds.
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:01 pm

PM sent. Awesome job.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Last photos took before molding process begins. Landing gear works, flaps work, prop spins, canopy opens and pilot door opens and closes on left side. Came out pretty well all in all for my first aircraft in my humble opinion. I still have a few small adjustments to make to canopy sections, but that is about all that is left to do.

Again if you are wanting one PM me please, so I can figure on what all I need to pour the right amount. Thanks

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:39 am

It looks great !!

You may want to check the prop unless the Merlin operates differently the prop looks to be on backwards.

Otherwise it looks like it can hold off some 109s !!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:33 am

Actually after looking at hurricane's again the prop is in the right position.
Last edited by Aracula on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:05 am

Coming along great. Have you received my PM?

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:51 am

Molds are almost all done. I have already started making the fuselage parts and wings and a lot of the smaller parts. The planes will be ready in the next few days, for all those interested.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:34 pm

I am assembling one of the Hurricanes from the poured parts to make sure everything goes together right and to make directions which i will post on here for people to assemble it. It is not a hard project when it comes to assemble it is pretty straight forward which I will show you very soon in the directions I post on here.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:26 am

These pictures will be for build instructions will edit them soon with the build info.

This is the wheel locking bar, you will have to snap it into the grooves carefully with the angle on top facing back toward the wheel.

Wheel assemble fits into it's grooves.

Wheel assembly is held together with the small retaining cap which slides onto the axle pin to hold the wheel in place.

Tail is pretty straight forward, just glue the two sides together and then set it into the grooves.

The control panel has two notches that you will have to extend a bit more for proper fit. Then just glue into it's groove.

Main cockpit section sets in a groove that you will want to glue it into.

Wings have holes and pegs which mate up and then you glue it together.

Screw holes in top wing you use to mate it to the fuselage by screwing in the 8 small screws.

more to follow.
Last edited by Aracula on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:32 pm

First 5 Hurricane's have been spoken for. If you are wanting one let me know so I can get you on the list as will send them out in order of purchase received.

Thanks

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:49 am

More build instructions soon.

rear flaps just snap together onto the tail wing with the pegs and holes.

This part is just a simple assemble. Picture says it all.

this part sets in the slots on the prop. then other part mates to it using the pegs and holes.

once assembled use the long screw to hold it together, but leave the screw a little loose to allow the prop to spin easier.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:08 am

Nice job, I can't waiting to see the final result!

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 am

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:35 pm

More build pictures. Some of one I am putting together for a guy in Texas.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:52 pm

More pics of this near finished kit. the kit was a bit harder to assemble then I would have liked, from prototype to molded parts things changed a bit more then I would have proffered. I had to sand on the inside of the wings a bit to get a better fit, and the tail section took a bit of sanding. the prop area got a lot tighter so had to be fixed, but all in all I guess it was not to hard to do. This was my first plane and have learned some good lessons from it, the next one will be better.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:34 pm

Building the hurricane.
Assemble the cockpit, tail section, and prop first.
Then once you have the cockpit glued in, and the gauges piece glued in you can set your prop and vertical tail section in there slots and assemble the two sides of the fuselage. I have found that by cutting the rear horizontal tail wing in the middle it is easier to assemble the fuselage as you can glue those two parts in after the rest of fuselage is assembled.

Once you have the fuselage together then screw in upper part of main wing, make it snug to the fuselage.
Assemble your landing gear and either glue, or screw it down to the lower part of main wing. then assemble your flaps, then you can attach lower part of wing to the upper part. You may need to trim a little off the four corners of the landing gear assemble to get the wing to go together snug.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Are any Hurricanes still available?
Todd

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Wed May 30, 2018 3:42 am

Doc,

I could probably squeeze one more from the molds for you, if you are interested send me a PM.

Thanks