selling off the last of my collection

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

selling off the last of my collection

Post by Aviatornut.com » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:22 am

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyE ... extSelling

I am down to the bottom of my collection and I will be listing everything soon.
the time has come to say goodbye and move on.

I am moving on to reloading and willing to do trades for reloading equipment.
thanks
Last edited by Aviatornut.com on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: selling off the last of my collection

Post by hworth18 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:41 pm

So are you getting out completely, including the store?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 pm

I will keep my sight for any new items but as of now I am selling my collection and all the items I used for airshows.

pizzaguy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pizzaguy » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:04 pm

John, Sorry to see you getting out. Unfortunately, this is becoming a common occurrence. Makes you wonder where the 1/18 scale hobby will be in 2-5 years. Probably sitting on the shelf with the 8 tracks, cassettes and beta. :(

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:32 pm

pizzaguy wrote:John, Sorry to see you getting out. Unfortunately, this is becoming a common occurrence. Makes you wonder where the 1/18 scale hobby will be in 2-5 years. Probably sitting on the shelf with the 8 tracks, cassettes and beta. :(
Hobbies like this need to keep fresh with neat new things to pursue, and a future to continue. The FW 190 would have been such a good future and hope to continue as was the Harrier and the Dauntless before it. :( Many of you probably recall having a long wish list to go after and now pretty much have everything you were after or could afford. That's pretty much where I am.

Ground pounders have only their mods and new builds to look forward to.

Bottom line is there just aren't enough of us to support the demand for production or it would be happening.

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:51 am

I will reveal a 1/18 HE111 soon to the air collectors, unfortunately it will be a one of a kind, so when I decide to let it go only one will be available. But I do plan on building more aircraft in the near future, and may try to mold them out on the smaller ones so I can produce more then one.
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Odd how 1/6 is still fairly strong, as are 1/35 armor kits, but 1/18 and 1/32 armor has died. Maybe too much 1/16 to compete with?

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Greetings:

I think what conspired against 1/18 the most was its cross interest to the toy market and collector market. The stuff was marketed as toys but anyone who bought them as toys found out much of the stuff couldn't hold up to normal playwear one would experience with toys from the Star Wars line, etc. At the same time, the stuff was not detailed enough and had too many toy like features for serious collectors to be interested enough to branch off from models to collect the stuff in droves.

There are a lot of things that could have been done differently, but the reality is poor quality control and poor marketing strategies really did these companies and the scale in. I took have sold quite a bit of my collection off recently with more in the works soon. With stuff going on in other scales, sort of time to move on. I'll always keep some pieces, but I have lost a lot of interest in the scale as a collecting hobby.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:00 pm

People should not lose hope, maybe in Merit but not all hope. 1/18 armor has a rough road as 1/16 is so much more common and is RC which allows people to interact with eachother and their hobby. 1/18 Aircraft are awesome! A bit large for 4 engine aircraft but the bulk of aircraft are amazing in 1/18.

Hydrospan works, I have been stuck in the mud as far as time goes because of my real job but this like all seasons will change and I will have more time to create more aircraft.

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 am

I will be listing the few items I was holding on to for my son. I will be listing more armor soon.
thinking about selling the p26 I built from pickelhaube custom kit