1/18 Soviet figures ( afghanistan ) Ebay

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
skorzeny
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

1/18 Soviet figures ( afghanistan ) Ebay

Post by skorzeny » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:50 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-soldier-1-18- ... SwrXdXKfZC

Shipping: $1.00 Economy Shipping from China/Hong Kong/Taiwan to worldwide | See details
See details about international shipping here.

Item location:
Saint-Petersburg, default, Russian Federation

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: 1/18 Soviet figures ( afghanistan ) Ebay

Post by kduck » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:42 pm

These look pretty cool but the limited articulation is disappointing. Also the assault rifles look like AK-47's rather than the proper AK-74's or AKM's. The sniper in the KLMK jumpsuit is very cool but the pattern isn't painted densely enough. Still, they do look good and the change of subject matter from WW2 or modern US is a nice change of pace. They could provide nice fodder for customizers. If a company were to do a nice detailed line of 1:18 Warsaw Pact or modern Russian figures, I might consider returning to 1:18.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:51 am

These guys would be good cabin fillers but the knees would have to be cut in so they could sit.

For my Hind project
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Eddy10440
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Eddy10440 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:17 am

pickelhaube wrote:These guys would be good cabin fillers but the knees would have to be cut in so they could sit.

For my Hind project

I might be wrong but it looks like these guy's only articulated part is their arms, so they're fixed from the waist down.

In order to make them sit down you need to work on them at the hip level.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Seems too toyish to me. And a lot of work to make them sitting, but we know that Pickel is very patient. I would choose one of the newest bbi figures, with some Marauder AK, RPK or RPG and fatigue caps, like this one:
http://www.ebay.ch/itm/Ku7-BBI-Elite-Fo ... 4af62425b2
But I'm not sure if the newest figures would sit so well in a MI-24.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:23 pm

The articulation is definitely limited but they appear to be articulated at the waist and neck as well. The PKM gunner has his head rotated to the left in the image with the Arabs and camels above and you can see that the first boxed figure is rotated at the waist in the image below. It might be possible to modify new lower torso/legs to fit if appropriate ones (perhaps 21C WW2 Germans) can be found, though something different would have to be used for the sniper as he's wearing a one piece jumpsuit. While doing that it would seem logical to swap out the arms as well, if possible. The weapons would probably be better if replaced by aftermarket ones, such as those mentioned from Marauder. Certain things, like the berets, field caps and panama hats would make nice custom fodder if removed and hollowed out and perhaps recast in resin to use with other figures or just by removing the heads and adapting them to other figures. Also the SSh60 helmets, often used in Afghanistan are virtually identical to the SSh40 helmets (which I believe Pickel has already done) that the Soviets used in WW2.