Anyone/or anything interesting at SDCC 2016?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Anyone/or anything interesting at SDCC 2016?

Post by DocTodd » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:27 am

I wondered if anyone is attending comic con this year. I have not seen any threads regarding this. Please post if there is any news.
Thanks!
Todd

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Anyone/or anything interesting at SDCC 2016?

Post by Jesse James » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Depends on what one finds interesting I guess... To best of my knowledge nothing 1/18 military world going on at the show, but I'm not there, just have people covering it for my site who are. They're not really looking for that stuff either though.

Hiya Toys displayed their 1/18 Aliens APC, painted/detailed, opened the top... It's all kinds of kick ass. They also had prototypes of 2 new aliens from the game I do believe, but also revealed they now have the full license (probably just for 4" scale) on Aliens figures, so they do plan to do a Ripley and other Marines I guess. Also they've acquired Predators I & II licenses... Kinda hoping they get more of the Predator movies too.

Either way they had a lot to show off ultimately, but were also showing off their Marines, Aliens, and the Power Loader which all just shipped this past week from BBTS if you pre-ordered.

Acid Rain World toys didn't have many prototypes on display like in the past (Not a clue why not), but they did have prototypes of their new figures coming, mostly looking like droids of some kind. "Bad Guys" I guess?

And they had a prototype of a Laurel Variation coming next year, we've seen it before, and of a MkI Speeder variation with what look like large water-cooled guns on it.

Usually they'd have scads of new prototypes to show, so that was kind of a disappointment to be honest.

Star Wars had a little something for everyone kind of... Lot of 6" coolness, some 4" 5POA stuff, Rogue One glimpses, and they confirmed SA 4" figures will remain a Wal-Mart exclusive (oh joy. :x ), but at least it continues.

Hot Toys/Side Show 1/6 Star Wars is... just insane at this point. And insanely priced, but the quality, good lord.

Beyond that, me personally, that was about all I was into seeing at the show... I'll look forward to more Star Wars info in the coming month(s).

Yay toys!
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Anyone/or anything interesting at SDCC 2016?

Post by DocTodd » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks for the info!
Todd